Candii Kayn

On 4/14/2023 at 4:44 PM, Bertje said:

Looking absolutely massive 😍

A84604C2-1129-4EA2-A217-440C056972FA.png

5B1D90C8-20F5-4856-8F07-33DB6730CC00.png

E2B3E564-697B-4F2C-8B9E-A996530E537F.png

848F1373-97D3-484B-8E4B-9532A0751336.png

First time commenting here. πŸ‘€ ... Uhm, hi. πŸ˜…

But as always in this thread, Candiis streams, regarding the visuals, should be taken with a grain of salt. Her Twitch streams are horizontally stretched, meaning the proportions aren't right. If you see her posting an image though, that's taken with a different camera; with correct proportions.

That the twitch streams are stretched like that could have several reasons.
Maybe the camera doesn't record in an aspect ratio of 16:9, but instead something like 16:10. This then could be a reason that she scaled the video signal to fit the stream resolution, which usually has a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I'm not entirely sure how all the streaming works, didn't do that much myself. But maybe she broadcasts a video with a different aspect ratio/resolution than what twitch accepts, so then maybe it just stretches the whole video to fit. But that'd be weird. Could be tested easily, though. Just place a square on the screen in OBS or whatever she uses and then check on the receiving end if it's still a square.

If Candii stretched the video feed horizontally, to fit the screen, then it'd be easy to fix that, too. Just stretch the feed vertically a bit, to compensate. πŸ˜‰
This way there's a bit missing in the top and bottom parts of the video, but at least the proportions would be correct. 🧐

And, uh, sorry for my technical rambling... Go, Candii! πŸ˜…

Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, onarn said:

First time commenting here. πŸ‘€ ... Uhm, hi. πŸ˜…

But as always in this thread, Candiis streams, regarding the visuals, should be taken with a grain of salt. Her Twitch streams are horizontally stretched, meaning the proportions aren't right. If you see her posting an image though, that's taken with a different camera; with correct proportions.

That the twitch streams are stretched like that could have several reasons.
Maybe the camera doesn't record in an aspect ratio of 16:9, but instead something like 16:10. This then could be a reason that she scaled the video signal to fit the stream resolution, which usually has a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I'm not entirely sure how all the streaming works, didn't do that much myself. But maybe she broadcasts a video with a different aspect ratio/resolution than what twitch accepts, so then maybe it just stretches the whole video to fit. But that'd be weird. Could be tested easily, though. Just place a square on the screen in OBS or whatever she uses and then check on the receiving end if it's still a square.

If Candii stretched the video feed horizontally, to fit the screen, then it'd be easy to fix that, too. Just stretch the feed vertically a bit, to compensate. πŸ˜‰
This way there's a bit missing in the top and bottom parts of the video, but at least the proportions would be correct. 🧐

And, uh, sorry for my technical rambling... Go, Candii! πŸ˜…

Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

Yeah, I've mentioned the stretching of those videos, but some guys don't seem to believe it even though Candii herself acknowledges it.Β 

2 hours ago, pet sounds said:

Yeah, I've mentioned the stretching of those videos, but some guys don't seem to believe it even though Candii herself acknowledges it.Β 

I'm not sure if they're stretched anymore, as I think Candii got a new stream camera a few months backΒ 

9 hours ago, bolton said:

I'm not sure if they're stretched anymore, as I think Candii got a new stream camera a few months backΒ 

Actually I took one of those images of the stream, then another with her face in a similar position, put them side by side and added red lines to show they line up.

Then I checked for which resolutions are out there. I assumed that the stream uses 1920x1080, while I could imagine that the webcam records with 1680x1050. I applied that to the copy and scaled it up proportionally so that the 2 images align again.

I think with 1680x1050 the image looks a lot more believable than with the 1920x1080.

I mean, she's chunky. But not that chunky. Yet. πŸ˜‰

Candii_OriginalCorrectedComparison.png

On 4/16/2023 at 11:02 AM, onarn said:

Actually I took one of those images of the stream, then another with her face in a similar position, put them side by side and added red lines to show they line up.

Then I checked for which resolutions are out there. I assumed that the stream uses 1920x1080, while I could imagine that the webcam records with 1680x1050. I applied that to the copy and scaled it up proportionally so that the 2 images align again.

I think with 1680x1050 the image looks a lot more believable than with the 1920x1080.

I mean, she's chunky. But not that chunky. Yet. πŸ˜‰

Candii_OriginalCorrectedComparison.png

Why are we obsessing over this woman down to the pixel. It confuses the fuck out of me.Β