Is it just me or does the average model in this community seem to be getting larger?

PreyToGod

I realise this is a gold rush for the many people into BBW and beyond but as a guy mainly into smaller women with bellies it’s a bit of a shame.

It seems that 95% of models here today are BBW or SSBBW or if they’re not than they’re pregnant or shooting to be as big as possible.

Not just here but on other sites as well 

I seem to remember things being real different 5+ years back when I joined, it seemed that there were a lot of models on the thinner / regular side who just wanted to stuff and bloat their bellies and gain a bit without wanting to gain to BBW status.

Or am I misremembering? 

What do you think caused this shift? 

17 minutes ago, billy shears said:

How is food easier to access?

The amount of online takeaway hubs is staggering compared to 5 years ago..

Just Eat, grubhub, local eats, deliveroo, most takeaway places (including independents) have an app these days...

I can't remember this being the case 5 years ago so I suppose the sheer ease and simplicity of ordering food makes it easier to access 🙂

• Curvage Model
9 minutes ago, sconesy73 said:

Was that to me?

🙁

no hun it was to the OP who decided for whatever reason to post on a FEEDER website that the women here are too fat for his preference lol. rude af.

Look at photos of the women who turn you on and don't look at the one's who don't,

it's not that complicated
His post serves no purpose other than to insult the models here.

Edited by Violet Beauregarde

1 hour ago, Violet Beauregarde said:

no hun it was to the OP who decided for whatever reason to post on a FEEDER website that the women here are too fat for his preference lol. rude af.

Look at photos of the women who turn you on and don't look at the one's who don't,

it's not that complicated
His post serves no purpose other than to insult the models here.

Hey no worries sweet thanks for clearing that up 😊

And you're right.. It's a site for big women so naturally some women are going to be bigger than others 🤣My opinion if you don't like what you see? 

Use the back button and move on 😊

• Curvage Model
On 5/13/2023 at 3:47 PM, PreyToGod said:

I realise this is a gold rush for the many people into BBW and beyond but as a guy mainly into smaller women with bellies it’s a bit of a shame.

It seems that 95% of models here today are BBW or SSBBW or if they’re not than they’re pregnant or shooting to be as big as possible.

Not just here but on other sites as well 

I seem to remember things being real different 5+ years back when I joined, it seemed that there were a lot of models on the thinner / regular side who just wanted to stuff and bloat their bellies and gain a bit without wanting to gain to BBW status.

Or am I misremembering? 

What do you think caused this shift? 

My dude. It’s not “a shame” if women don’t fit your preferences. There are still plenty of models who do fit your preference. Not everyone is going to be your type. Your idea of beauty isn’t the only valid idea.

What’s the point of this post? To make bigger girls feel bad about themselves? I mean I really don’t get it.

There are so many fans and models who enjoy getting much bigger, myself included. It’s absolutely valid to have your preferences. What’s not valid is making others feel bad about theirs. ✌️

Umm I think most of the models just got a lot fatter?  Like a good number have ballooned up into BBWs and SSBBWs...which I think is just fantastic.  There are definitely a number of models who have gotten pretty big over the past year or two, it's just what happens when you get into this lifestyle, nobody really stays thin.  

Also, we're always getting new people to the community, support the ones you like but don't get all moody when they out grow your taste. 

2 hours ago, NikkiMaialina said:

My dude. It’s not “a shame” if women don’t fit your preferences. There are still plenty of models who do fit your preference. Not everyone is going to be your type. Your idea of beauty isn’t the only valid idea.

What’s the point of this post? To make bigger girls feel bad about themselves? I mean I really don’t get it.

There are so many fans and models who enjoy getting much bigger, myself included. It’s absolutely valid to have your preferences. What’s not valid is making others feel bad about theirs. ✌️

It wasn't intended to piss on the picnic or to be interpreted as an attack on bigger women - I didn't really think it came across that way but you're the judges. 

And I say it's a shame in that it's moving away from my personal taste (I find bigger women sexy but generally prefer them on the smaller side)  nothing obnoxious or derogatory about saying that. I guess I could keep that part to myself, but I didn't think anyone would get wounded by someone stating their body preferences. Incidentally I've seen many women on the smaller side cop more than their fair share of scorn for being too small, for not gaining fast enough, for faking the fetish just to make money etc which belies the supposed body positive ethos of the community but that rarely seems to get called out... not on this site but others... actually I probably partially just answered my own question. 

What's the point?

I wanted to open up a discussion about whether or not others have noticed the same phenomenon and what factors they feel might be contributing towards it, which I think is a completely valid and interesting topic, but apparently some of us have paper thin skin and get lacerated by the notion of others having preferences that don't subsume them and aren't just 'the bigger the better' which isn't the shared view of everyone here and doesn't need to be. 

Anyway I realize that a lot of it can be explained by how the models who remain here are likely to continue gaining, but it seems there are fewer smaller ladies joining the scene, or sticking around long enough to make any content, which could just be coincidental, but I was curious to hear other people's thoughts. I guess if the population generally gets larger (possibly aided by food delivery services like someone suggested) that would help explain it as well. 

Guest FrankishMan

Yes, but who cares? I don't. A community to celebrate BBW, SSBBW etc. won't give a rat's arse about original size, just so long as they can enjoy here without judgement, creeps, harassment and other malicious stuff.

• Curvage Model
2 hours ago, PreyToGod said:

It wasn't intended to piss on the picnic or to be interpreted as an attack on bigger women - I didn't really think it came across that way but you're the judges. 

And I say it's a shame in that it's moving away from my personal taste (I find bigger women sexy but generally prefer them on the smaller side)  nothing obnoxious or derogatory about saying that. I guess I could keep that part to myself, but I didn't think anyone would get wounded by someone stating their body preferences. Incidentally I've seen many women on the smaller side cop more than their fair share of scorn for being too small, for not gaining fast enough, for faking the fetish just to make money etc which belies the supposed body positive ethos of the community but that rarely seems to get called out... not on this site but others... actually I probably partially just answered my own question. 

What's the point?

I wanted to open up a discussion about whether or not others have noticed the same phenomenon and what factors they feel might be contributing towards it, which I think is a completely valid and interesting topic, but apparently some of us have paper thin skin and get lacerated by the notion of others having preferences that don't subsume them and aren't just 'the bigger the better' which isn't the shared view of everyone here and doesn't need to be. 

Anyway I realize that a lot of it can be explained by how the models who remain here are likely to continue gaining, but it seems there are fewer smaller ladies joining the scene, or sticking around long enough to make any content, which could just be coincidental, but I was curious to hear other people's thoughts. I guess if the population generally gets larger (possibly aided by food delivery services like someone suggested) that would help explain it as well. 

Based on your reply you don’t want a discussion, you just want people to agree with you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

i really dont now... because, there are more models and some really thin or just average weight. definitely there is more access to being able to be a model, and while we lose plenty of models through time, some stay and become queens. in that regard not much has changed, there only a few chosen ones that can really go all the way to ssbbw. 

• Curvage Model
14 hours ago, PreyToGod said:

What's the point?

no one cares about your preference, you arent that important.
and your huge whiny rant here indicates youre the one with the thin skin and cannot handle being called out for your bad take.

It really is not "a shame" that women on a FEEDER website are gaining weight, that's a ridiculous take. It's a shame you felt entitled to make this post at all.

Edited by Violet Beauregarde

10 hours ago, sconesy73 said:

@PreyToGodHonestly dude, when you're in a hole, stop digging..

I think this site might be the hole considering how many peoples egos seem too fragile to even hold a discussion. 

If this were a bodybuilding site and someone posted questioning why there don’t seem to be as many smaller physiques these days like the classic era I wouldn’t expect them to get attacked from all angles for insulting bigger bodybuilders and I certainly wouldn’t jump down their throat for starting that discussion.  I would expect a proper discussion on easier access to anabolic steroids and judges preferences etc. 

Violet says my preferences aren’t important yet they seem to have riled up half the community heaven forbid someone on a feedism / gaining site prefers chubby women over BBW 

So what of all the folks who prefer pregnant women, thin women stuffing and bloating without gaining, roleplay and fantasy gaining without really gaining, slightly curvy women who are happy at their current size etc do they deserve to be demonised as well? 
come on guys 

• Curvage Model

Personally I'm not on here to become a SSBBW and no way do I even want to get that size, for many reasons!

I got on here to learn to love my body, because for years I wasn't good enough because I had gain a few pounds. Since then I have learned a lot.

In the normal world I'm a small plus size! That's all I'll ever be. I haven't been on here long enough to see any size difference between models now and before.

Edited by Chunky Vixen 73

@PreyToGod I sympathise with you a bit - but I think you could have worded your original post more effectively.

I've re-read your initial post with as open a mind as possible, and I have to say it does sound a tiny bit like you're saying "Here's my personal preference.  My personal preference is not being met.  Why not?  What's going on?"

And maybe the particular word "shame" wasn't well-chosen?  That's a really toxic word, I reckon, in this community.

The thing is - this is a community which embraces bodies and looks which the mainstream is (unfortunately) generally negative about.  So, to be perceived as contributing to that negativity in any way (and that original post really does imply that you think it's a "shame" there are bigger models on Curvage) is never going to get a great reaction.

• Curvage Model

I'm just gonna elect to bypass all the weird passive-aggressive comments in favour of actually answering the question. 

As someone who is definitely part of the demographic that isn't your type (which is fine! We're allowed to have preferences) my understanding of the site is that it's supposed to be a space for and appreciation of Curvy, plus sized women. While sure, I think it has maybe developed a reputation as a feedism site because that content is more accessible to make for a lot of people, and is (pun intended) eaten up by a lot of consumers, it's not necessarily the focus. 

As for seeing the general modeling demographic being larger, I think you'll find that for models based in the US, the "average" size for a lady in this country is at least a size 16- so somewhere in the 160-180 range-ish depending on height. With Covid and sites like OF having gotten more attention in the last few years, I think it's only natural that you'll have seen an influx of bigger ladies finding sites that catered more towards them. Then you have those that are definitely into gaining who are going to continue at a steady rate because that's what they like.  I think because it's easier than ever to get started in online modeling (and because Curvage itself makes it such a great experience) You'll see new people come in for a short period, or intermittently, just dipping their toes in without necessarily deciding to stay long-term. 

Perhaps this is just me, but maybe we could consider because there is such a large portion of the platform geared towards gaining and "bigger is better", it could be that "smaller" models (who would be creating the type of content you prefer) feel that they wouldn't "fit"? I think anyone who's got at least a bit of chub on them is more than welcome, but not everyone who browses the site is going to feel that way. If that's a case, then it is a shame that a site that touts itself as being very accepting of all sorts of plush and curvy body-types seems to be inadvertently tailoring itself to bigger and bigger bodies. But I think if you started seeing more promotions for "smaller" body types, you'd end up with the argument that "this is a site for plus-size ladies! That's not plus size!" and so it would just feed back into itself on a loop. 

I believe the best that we can do is continue to encourage models to do what makes them feel sexy and happy (whether that's gaining, losing, stuffing, whatever!) and so long as we continue to foster a good community, they will feel welcomed to stay no matter their size.