Tess Holliday (Tess Munster)

eastsportman

10 hours ago, mal57 said:

This is some ride, boys. I daresay we take for granted how a conventionally gorgeous, albeit plus-sized babe like Tess has swollen up well into supersize status, doing so very much in the public eye and showing off the results avidly, sexily, and with pride.  I have a pretty decent imagination and I'm not sure I'd be able to imagine such a scenario as a young FA, or even as an old one. GLP1 drugs may well be the orc armies massing just over the horizon but in the meantime let's appreciate that we're living in a golden age of fatness.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Isn't ozempic a disaster with loads of unhealthy side effects? I really doubt these apparent silver bullet pills will change society. 

On 11/18/2023 at 12:56 AM, legourmand said:

Isn't ozempic a disaster with loads of unhealthy side effects? I really doubt these apparent silver bullet pills will change society. 

Right now about 4 percent of public is taking these drugs. (Interestingly in an August poll there was almost as high a share of people who had taken the drugs in the past as currently which I was surprised by). Also interest falls greatly because of injections and current costs.

1) I think Big Pharma and the anti-fat crowd will push the uptake higher but they have 3 hurdles which may keep us safe. Considering we just went throw the Covid vaccine wars (where uptake plummeted once side effects came out and initial fanfare wore off), any bad side effects will seriously stifle uptake growth.

2) Consistency: A lot of people will suspend using these at holidays or on vacation not go back right away and re gain

3) Younger body positivity: Like Tess here there is somewhat more body positivity and less fatphobia among millennials and Gen Y which again will limit uptake

Seriously can't really see her living that much longer considering the size she's at now, the fact that over the years she's just been on continuous growth and I can't really see her changing. She looks unhealthier than most BBWs, especially considering she's only 38.

Honestly how long you do reckon she's got left if she continues at her current rate?

7 hours ago, thom01 said:

Seriously can't really see her living that much longer considering the size she's at now.

I'm not a HAES fundamentalist, but you can't judge a book by its cover when it comes to health. I also disagree she looks worse than most BBWs — I'd say the opposite. Statistics say she's in for health problems as she gets into her 40s, and obviously those odds will not be in her favor if she continues to gain. Yet she seems pretty active and engaged which is a big plus (npi) in terms of longevity. I see many, many people out and about who are her size and larger, and many appear to be well into middle age.

• 4 weeks later...