How real is post wedding gains?

scissorhands

I’ve posted here about my relationship with my girlfriend. Not a feedee relationship, but she knows I like bellies and weight gain. We’ve been together for 6 years, and in that time I think she’s gained over 40 lbs, going from 180-226. She may have lost a few pounds from her peak, I have no idea. She has an inverted triangle body type, a lot of the weight goes to her boobs and belly, but she’s still got a nice booty and thighs. 

She grew up fat, lost weight in early adulthood, and has gained a lot of it back. It’s been a dream come true for an FA like me to see her grow. And she loves when I buy her treats. We got engaged and it was magical to embrace her and feel the rolls on her hips. 

Now she’s discussing toning up for the wedding day. I totally anticipated this and I’m ready to join in with her. But I’m already looking forward to what’s waiting on the other side. I’ve seen plenty of friends drop weight before their weddings and have the pounds bounce back with compound interest 😉

So I guess I’m on a little copium, wondering if the wedding diet could end up in my favor. Who else has been in this situation? 

If someone has to lose weight for your wedding, what's going to keep them from gaining it back once the wedding is over?

In my experience, the people who stay thin after a wedding are those who were thin beforehand. And even then, a lot of thin people get fat after their wedding too. And there is definitely an element of "comfort" following getting married, where the reassurance of a long-term relationship allows people to feel less self-conscious about their weight.

Personally, my partner has always been thin, bordering on curvy. She didn't lose weight for our wedding, but she did pay more attention to her eating and exercise. In the year since, she's probably gained about 15 pounds, and I assume a lot of that has to do with her no longer stressing about fitting in her dress.

Long story short? She'll probably have a hard time keeping the weight off once the two of you are married.

Since you have been together, she progressively gained 40 lbs. There is absolutely no reason that this will change. Of course, for the wedding day she would like to look slimmer, so she'll diet and try to loose some, but as soon as you'll have put the ring on his finger, the progression will resume as before.

My wife probably lost 20lbs for the wedding and was nearly at the weight she was when we met, one of her friends even commented how ‘she lost her butt’ she was so thin. She kept the weight off for about a year past the wedding but now being married for 5yrs she’s up roughly 50lb, 5-7 dress sizes and is the biggest she’s been in her life. I think it’s all about being comfortable and not needing to do something she doesn’t want to have to do. 

• 3 weeks later...

i've been married for less than a month, but it seems like... real! hahaha. i haven't been on a scale to check, but I could just barely get my shorts over my thighs before our honeymoon and now I can't at all.

i thought maybe I would slow down since I gained 45 lbs. after moving in with my fiance, but it was cold and rainy for our vacation and all I did was eat!

Guest Carcer89

Got to agree, most couples I know who've got married have gained weight quite promptly, and that's both of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly I didn't think my wife would ever really gain a whole bunch of weight following our wedding, but we've been married 5 years now and she's at least 20 or 30 pounds heavier than when we got engaged. She was actually 5 months pregnant at our wedding (oops 😅) and was not too thrilled to be showing in her wedding dress. 

In the years since then she topped out at 190, and is currently back down around 180 and seems to be maintaining. She's definitely got a "wife bod": zero muscle tone, heavy natural breasts, round tummy that hangs down slightly over her panty line, big thighs, and a fat jiggly butt. I'm more and more attracted to her shape every day, even as things start to not be as "perky" as they used to be. 

On 8/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, scissorhands said:

Thanks for the input so far, everyone! Sounds like things are looking up! She is losing weight, which is kind of a bummer. But I know that’s the phase we’re in. She is predisposed to being fat, and said losing weight now is taking a lot of effort.

Don't worry too much about her losing weight- my experience with my partner tells me it will be back 👍😊

My partners natural body shape is "plump" so it becomes easier for her to maintain that 😍🥵😂