Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The reason for the decline is pretty easy honestly:

most fat suit episodes make fun of the person who went from thin to fat, because fat people were a very small minority that everyone mocked and didn't care about how the fatties felt. After all, there aren't that many fatties, who cares if they're angry? What are they gonna do, stop shoveling our ice cream sponsor's products into their mouths with car shovels? asked the writers in 1990.

Now, statistically, the audience for said show is made up of fat people so they'll all feel insulted and the advertisers will pull ads if there's an outrage. Its kind of a trade off, less clips of weight gain from TV shows in exchange for an ever increasing percentage of girls becoming obese by the end of college and sports illustrated putting genuine fat girls with tides of cellulite flowing out of their swimsuits in its pages.

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 2:50 PM, RayRocks said:

No in one of the episodes from some of the first three seasons we Supergirl eat either Pizza, Donuts, or an Ice Cream. 

PG was canonically a pig in her comics, but there was an episode in supergirl where she's waiting at a diner and ordering yet another sticky bun. The waitress asks how she stays so thin and is answered 'I"m an alien.'

5 hours ago, John Smith said:

Not really an excuse. Even Kryptonian metabolism under a yellow sun does know its limits. Remember Supergirl's alternate-reality self Power Girl and her weight issues??

All PGs overeating just gives her a six pack and g cups... While her powers work... When it doesn't she starts gaining. That the comic where she'd been depowered for a year and gained weight didn't have that in the art is still annoyingng to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a Korean 3d cartoon movie coming out at some point called snow White and the red shoes (or something like that). It looks godawful, like a Shrek rip off, but it's of interest to us as here snow White is actually short and obese but with a pair of magic red shoes (which I could have sworn was wizard of Oz not Shure white) she's a tall skinny Disney princess who still eats like a pig. The highlights might be interesting at least, it seems like something I'd write.

33 minutes ago, Celebmorpher said:

I thought It was already out, I remember the trailer from a couple years back then backlash from western pop media.

It apparently came out this July in Korea. Not sure if it will ever come out in the rest of the world.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Huh, reminds me of something teased from the Devil is a Part Timer.

Its an anime where ...essentially Satan and his top lieutenant are defeated in a huge war by an epic hero in a fantasy world they flee through a portal, arriving in Tokyo as powerless teenagers and have to work at McDonalds. The hero arrives as a girl who stalks them.

Shenanigans later and there's communication between the heroine and her team back in the fantasy world, with her speaking to her cute witch friend who reports that the only problem is she's been putting on weight lately for some reason, with the camera panning out to show a mountain of american junk food next to her.

Unfortunately it never got a second season, it was a good show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, John Smith said:

What a picky generation of would-be Nazis and Orwellian "sOcIaL jUsTiCe wArRiOrS" we are. Can these Karens and Beckies could just stop their hypocrisy and go watch 6ix9ine and the Logan Brothers acting "politically incorrect" - and that's an euphemism, given the antics of these boys - as they keep to do?

This isn't it. Most of the audience is fat, you don't make your audience the butt of the joke.

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, Cheft Shy Guy said:

ok, so I'm new and I thought I would contribute to this nice little site by sharing something here.

I looked  through all the pages, and I am Surprised this movie wasn;t mentioned..I mean, isn't this the most well known movie with a obese woman here?

the actress also played in the movie "Wolf Girl" as  the fat ldy

While its unshown, she used to be the town hottie who gained weight from depression/grief if I remember right

• 4 months later...

One of the closer ones was the show just shoot me, which had an episode where the female lead had an awful date with a guy who was looking at some thinner woman instead of her, then dated a handsome, non judgemental feeder and gained some weight.

The deal breaker wasn't weight, the idea that a handsome guy would find her attractive no matter what she ate was a turn on, but that he turned out to be just as appearance focused and shallow as the first guy, looking at a fatter woman then her on a date

• 1 month later...

Speaking of horrible rom coms with minor wg elements:

Raising Helen: Kate Hudson is a happy, single new York fashion professional who gets saddles with raising her dead sister's kids to teach her to grow up because sexism. She stress eats and at one point mentions the kids have ruined her  ability to fit into a size two but nothing is shown.

Bride Wars: Kate hudson, again, and her lifelong best friend Anne hathaway are getting married on the same day, not to each other which would be a better movie. But the dream wedding destination only has one slot or something so they abandon decades of friendship to go into debt over an entirely meaningless location. Hudson's character used to be fat, so to sabotage her Hathaway sends her her old comfort foods to fatten her up. Nothing is shown.

• 2 months later...