Lizzo

bluetech

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I honestly don’t think she’s far off, she likes her food and despite all the performing she still seems to pack it on. And even with a workout regime like she was supposed to be doing during her loss, she must have been eating a lot for the weight to not be dropping off. I think she’s also realised she likes being bigger, is naturally suited to it, and also it’s kinda her niche within the music industry so going the Adele route would backfire big time. Here’s hoping she embraces her body and weight again.

2 hours ago, G21 said:

Is the first fat celeb to openly acknowledge enjoying weight gain?

I think so, but it is kinda part of her brand image I guess. But she’s also the most vocal about enjoying food too, like how many other celebs just put up tiktoks or insta posts of them essentially doing mukbangs of family portions of pasta lol, so there’s something in it

Well I am praying she doesn't go the Adele route. Adele talked how much she loved her self yada yada but secretly must have hated it or the surgery would have never happened.

Lizzo is a different story and needs to be raised up, like Lardi B, as the icons the music industry needs.

Yeah I don’t think lizzo would go the Adele route, considering it’s like 80% of her brand image and would be commercial suicide as I think her music is pretty linked to being fat/body positive. And she seems to enjoy her food far too much from the looks of things. And considering she was on a heavy workout regime for months and barely shed 40lbs and I don’t think she could drop a lot even if she wanted to 

I've seen the Adele/Lizzo comparison before, since they were/are very prominent fat pop stars. But Adele's image and appeal were never intrinsically tied into the weight, it was all about that voice and the retro thing that has cross generational appeal and writing heartbreak songs.

Lizzo is very much tied into yas kween body positivity and building yourself up anthem songs and being larger than life. If she slimmed down, she'd have to drastically revamp her public image Madonna-style, and I get the sense that she has no interest in that emotionally or financially. Also Lizzo is 5'10", so she could never pull off the tiny pop star thing.

• 4 weeks later...