Melissa Benoist (Supergirl from the CW Series)

plasmodium

Hoping she is pregnant cause if she’s just gaining weight they won’t do anything on the show.
If she’s pregnant we could see a fun storyline of fat supergirl as they try to incorporate it.
That also means we might see the in a fat prosthetic makeup and fat suit and maybe a fat body double.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Ooohhh, can’t wait to see Preg!Melissa in sleeveless tops [emoji3590] 

Or incase she ends up gaining weight, she might end up wearing work out clothes or incase Supergirl ends up gaining weight they might do the same thing the filmmakers of MOM did with the actress, that means put a fat prosthetic makeup and fat suit on her.

Sent from my SM-A600T using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, RayRocks said:

Or incase she ends up gaining weight, she might end up wearing work out clothes or incase Supergirl ends up gaining weight they might do the same thing the filmmakers of MOM did with the actress, that means put a fat prosthetic makeup and fat suit on her.

Sent from my SM-A600T using Tapatai

I think she meant Melissa specifically. What will most likely happen is that she will finish the current season and, depending on when that will be, if she begins to show during the last few episodes then they'll use close up shots and an adjusted costume to hide the bump and any noticeable gain and her stunt double for wide shots. What happens then is up to the producers and how they plan to end this season and their plans for the next; their choices would be either to postpone the next season until Melissa finishes her maternity leave, replace Supergirl with a different character like what they did in the comics with Matrix, Power Girl etc. until Melissa is ready to come back or replace Supergirl with the Lois and Superman show they're making. While it would be great to see a pregnant Supergirl or them using fat prosthetics to do a Silver Age comic-like callback, it's unlikely.

20 hours ago, RayRocks said:

I think they should. Haven't they had scenes where she was eating carbs nonstop? Plus, what doesn't scream woke points more than Fat Supergirl? Imagine the negative publicity!

I think they should. Haven't they had scenes where she was eating carbs nonstop? Plus, what doesn't scream woke points more than Fat Supergirl? Imagine the negative publicity!

I don't get it

12 hours ago, RayRocks said:

I don't get it

I think they mean that while there's always been the potential for Kara/Supergirl to have gotten fat as she is well known in the show for her big appetite and had this show been made in the early 2000's they might have gotten away with putting a thin actress in a fat suit unfortunately nowadays in our "woke" society, that's not really possible without everyone coming under fire for fat shaming, like what happened with "Insatiable" on Netflix who came under a ton of scrutiny and bad press just from the teaser trailer alone. 

I think they mean that while there's always been the potential for Kara/Supergirl to have gotten fat as she is well known in the show for her big appetite and had this show been made in the early 2000's they might have gotten away with putting a thin actress in a fat suit unfortunately nowadays in our "woke" society, that's not really possible without everyone coming under fire for fat shaming, like what happened with "Insatiable" on Netflix who came under a ton of scrutiny and bad press just from the teaser trailer alone. 
Ok now I get it, because you've got a point.

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, TH3QU3ST10N said:

Actually they address that early on in the series. Kara literally can't gain weight eating Earth food. Or get buzzed from Earth booze.

9 hours ago, lars573 said:

Actually they address that early on in the series. Kara literally can't gain weight eating Earth food. Or get buzzed from Earth booze.

That makes me sad. I haven't started watching the show yet, but I saw that there's an episode in season 1 where she turns to binge eating. I was looking forward to seeing that

• 2 weeks later...

She is eating her salary. If she stopped where she is it would be fine. But that ass and that arm fat tells me that she is well on her way to being a full figure gal in her middle ages. We all love those teenage bodies. But keeping those figures are not a reality for women. Or men either really. Bet she won't be making any more sex tapes.

• 1 month later...

Skip to the last 20 seconds for a peak at the pregnant belly. You can see her face is a bit rounder. That's the best we got though with quarantine, I'm afraid. She's weeks away and will probably try to get back in Supergirl shape before shooting starts back up. My phone's garbage so I couldn't get any good screenshots, but if someone wants to take a crack at it that'd be cool.

• 1 year later...