Tabria Majors

Smooth

On 12/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, DFan said:

And worth mentioning the caption text too, many models have liked the post

Imma just start wearing a single pair of jeans on both legs, stitch together multiple small skirts to fit my extra large waist, tie a pair of small sweats around my chest so y’all know how it feels to not be able to find anything to wear. There are so many more important issues going on rn, but this really triggered me. How did no one flag this @m_magazine ? @emrata how did you write a book about body positivity and think this was ok? I’ve been modeling for nearly 10 years now and the erasure of models my size or bigger has been crazy to witness in real time. We started with plus models, then they changed it to curve to sound “nice”, now we have “mid-size” models getting the jobs plus models once had. This shows they can make bigger sizes, they can sell bigger sizes, but God forbid you model it on a bigger size. I know Ozempic has the industry in a chokehold rn but this is giving Jenny Craig, it’s giving Jared from Subway, it’s giving Weight Watchers…what was the concept?? Postpartum has me all over the place nowadays but I just had to get this off my chest. 📷 @bonnienichoalds

With this in mind I wonder if she felt forced to go down in size industry wise?

On 2/18/2024 at 1:47 AM, thadrou90 said:

Totally. Bummer that she's down almost 20lbs from that, but so unusual to actually have a weight confirmed.

20240217_Videobytabriamajors-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer 2022 vs now. She claimed to be around 280 at the time and also recently, but she does look smaller in the latest pic. Different cameras angles etc, but the difference makes me think more of that weight is muscle now than in 2022. Really wish we could have seen more of her at 300 before she started this weight loss...

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 2.32.33 PM.png

5 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

@DFan I'm sure that's at least part of it! These models are pretty candid about how much less work you get as you get bigger, which is why I think we see people like Mayara Russi and Tess Holliday turn increasingly to consulting, influencing, etc

Yeah true and they are very candid about that part as you mention, already back in 2017 Mayara was talking aobut having to lose weight for the market requirements, this was at a point where she had regained some after her huge alem do peso weight loss

The link: https://www.uol.com.br/universa/noticias/redacao/2017/08/10/gorda-mas-nem-tanto-modelos-emagrecem-para-ser-plus-size.htm

Here is what she said

"It happened with Mayara Russi, 28, a model from São Paulo who wears a mannequin 52. "I have already weighed 165 kg. I'm 112 kg today. This loss was already very difficult for me, I even went into depression. I still need to lose 15 kg according to market requirements. This makes me very upset. "The hip circumference of 137 cm has to go down to 119 cm."

The 112 kg is 247 lbs

As we have now seen since, her weight loss plan did not stick, and instead she gained like 150 lbs instead of losing the 15 kg aka 33 lbs that she talked about losing here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 6:47 PM, thadrou90 said:

Totally. Bummer that she's down almost 20lbs from that, but so unusual to actually have a weight confirmed.

20240217_Videobytabriamajors-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

Has she made any more progress on this?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, John_Paul_III. said:

You could say, Tabria is getting heavier and heavier, her previous top weight was 280lbs, now it was 300lbs, she always loses some weight, but her next gain is always bigger, if this keep up we have a chance see her over 400lbs.

Her final weight is 271lbs only 9lbs difference compared to her last heaviest

Yep, this is spot on. 

Also, those before pics are amazing

Very very few women can say this but Tabria has been hot at ALL of her size ranges.  She started out in the 180 range and got to 300 but now is back to 270 and she still manages to look and move athletically also at any size.  Truly a one of a kind.