Has what mainstream guys find hot changed?

ThickNewLook

Does the average guy prefer a thicker and curvier woman now than in the 90s? Obviously this community didn't exist then so it tips the scales a bit. There is clearly more body diversity across the board even if its not as much as we would like here. But is the average guy still fantasizing bout a skinny supermodel or more the Bebe Rexha/Ashley Graham (they are probably close to same BMI) or something in between. Just thinking what your average American (or global) guy wants.

Idk how young you are but this community was definitely around in the 90’s lol. It may have been harder to find like minded people and sites like Curvage are relatively new but Dimensions, FF and other forums are well over 20 yrs old. BBW Magazine is no longer in print but it launched in the late 70’s. 

Are there more feedists now? Probably not. Is dating a curvy woman more acceptable? Absolutely.

Beauty standards have changed. Being thick and curvy is now considered socially desirable, where in the 90s and 00s, it was absolutely not. Hell, Cindy Crawford was considered "fat" in the 90s. Many women in this community will tell you that growing up in that era sucked, because being anything but rail thin was considered too big. It was the era of heroin-chic and low-rise jeans, where a stick-thin body with zero curves was what was considered beautiful.

Now? It's all about hourglass figures and bubble butts. You can thank the Kardashians for that, I guess, but also the emergence of body positivity and non-white beauty standards becoming more normalized. Remember "I like big butts and I cannot lie?" That used to be a controversial stance. Now, the Brazilian Butt Lift has become the hottest plastic surgery trend.

What's really interesting is how our culture responded to this. Beauty trends changed, and so did what guys like. It's like as soon as it became cool to be curvy and thick, then guys started liking girls who are curvy and thick. Many in the 00s who wouldn't bat an eye at girls over size 0. Now? Guys brag over how big girls butts and boobs are. Having a fat ass is something to brag about. Being thick is a compliment, not an insult.

To answer your question, I don't think guys are becoming feeders now. Big bellies are still not desirable. Even plus-size models need to have flat stomachs and hourglass figures today. Guys don't want their girls to get fatter. They just like big boobs and big butts when they didn't used to. Still crazy to think that what people like can be influenced so strongly. But this fetish is still a fetish, and that was never going to change just because of Kim's giant butt.

There's definitely more of an acceptance for bigger women nowadays that a lot of guys quietly don't like to admit. I do think though that it's not just based on size but more specifically body type. I feel like over the last 10 years there's been an enormous swing towards pear-shaped women, even ones that people would consider overweight or obese have other guys going crazy over them. just look at any larger pear-shaped women on social media, a lot of them have huge followings and have guys wooing over them in the comments.

You'll always have a majority of guys who prefer or are into skinny or average women but I think people are more willing to date someone who is a little thicker nowadays just because there's way more bigger women than there were 20-30 years ago.

On 1/7/2024 at 12:54 AM, ThickNewLook said:

Good answers so what do we think the ideal median size for a woman attractiveness wise is now vs in 90s?

I would say an average to slightly thicker pear shaped women is the trend nowadays