Trans Forum

gggggggg

Trans Forum?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should Curvage add a Pictures/Videos Forum for Transgender Users?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, gggggggg said:

Curvage needs a Pictures/Videos forum for Trans Users. The current M/F system puts everybody at a disadvantage

I'll admit I am not an expert on this topic, but isn't it a bit disrespectful to segregate a group like this? Again, I really don't know. I am asking for education here. Please educate me.

• 8 months later...
33 minutes ago, sugardork said:

Hey. Trans girl here! 🙋‍♀️

Also one thinking about posting some photos. Here are my two cents. If there's a separate section on this site that trans people are limited to posting in, I'm 100% certainly not going to be sharing anything. If I'm allowed to post in the general Women of Curvage section, I will but with a full disclosure that I'm trans (don't want any of you poor fellas vomiting in your mouth or whatever it is that happens).

Now if there happened to be a trans generated thread for trans feminine individuals to share photos of ourselves, that would be pretty cool. I thought that's what this thread would be when I clicked on to it actually...

Hi, I've been hoping for more input from the Trans community. Here is a simple question,... Do you think of yourself as a "woman" or as a "trans-woman"?

To be clear, I am not asking to judge. I am asking to better understand. Because if I was a woman, I would want to be allowed in the same space as other women. You see what I am getting at here?

I really don't know if the trans community wants a separate "safe space" in the forums, or if that would be a disservice to the respective folks therein.

For others reading this, the reason there has been no action is because of the aforementioned quandary.

I hear you, and I get that some of you object to seeing photos of folks who don't align with your gender preference.

However, the idea of segregation in any form feels a little uncomfortable. We have floated the idea of tagging things "trans".

Ok, what if we tagged things by race? Can you imagine forcing people to tag their posts as "black"? That would be outrageous, so why is it different for gender? Both gender and race are protected classes. Do you see what I mean?

I realize there are some valid arguments against my points here. However, I think we all agree that It's a tricky situation. It seems like any action we take can lead to a slippery slope in the wrong direction.

It really, to me, feels like the best solution is to realize that in life there are things we don't like. As such, move on.

@Avataг seems to have the most logical solution. Dislike photos in a thread? then click out and don't return to that thread.

This is why our gender selection, is male or female and there are no special trans forums etc. (To avoid that kind of discrimination.)

5 minutes ago, sugardork said:

I see myself as a woman. With trans being an adjective. Just as there are white women, black women, straight women, gay women, feminine women and gender nonconforming

I am glad to hear this because this is exactly as I suspected. If I am being honest, the question was asked more for posterity so others can see the response from you as opposed to me saying it. Thank you for taking time to answer something that likely should have been obvious. 

Just now, Avataг said:

You, for instance, are a heterosexual, cisgender male. :lol:

I need a word for my preference toward curvy women. I think heterosexual, cisgender lumps me in with to large of a group. Not nearly specific enough for my liking.