Weight Gain Story Lines (TV & Movies)

Chris9788

Plus what I was referring to was the fact that I don't consider most weight gain plots in fiction to be intentionally feedist. That most of the creators and writers of these shows are not in feedism or fat people. They may have the occassional fat person who looks attractive, but I don't think they intended them to be sexy. It may just be a happy accident that the fat person they drew looked hot. I also stated how sometimes some stuff in fiction can be unintentionally sexy. Whether it's funny animal cartoons being found hot by furries or scenes of women in fiction being tied up appealing to BDSM enthusiasts, not everything a writer makes is intended to be sexy. It's us the audience that finds works to be sexy. I don't doubt some works are intended to be sexy. Look at the sexy women in anime/manga/comics/video games, the thing is if it appears enough in a creators work and/or attention is given to it. Like if a creator is into fat women, do they have loads of fat women in their works? Does the camera focus on their bodies? Do they get placed into fanservice scenarios? An episode or two of a cartoon with weight gain doesn't count as intentionally feedist. 

I would say that no, modern kids animation doesn't have feedism scenes or elements of it. Even if it does, which series in the last 5 years have had such scenes? Don't just say nickelodeon or Disney or something, give me specific series and episodes. I think the lack of weight gain plots in fiction is the same reason why we have fewer transformation plots. Since more stuff is continuity driven and it acknowledges the changes that happen in each episode. While some stuff does have temporary changes, they tend to be less and less common and frequent in animation. 

I think for one of us to get into creative circles, while we could pitch stuff with BBWs, a lot of fiction is a collaborative effort. People can shoot down your ideas or question what bearing it has on the narrative. Like I could ask for a movie to have multiple BBWs, other people could question why I should have BBW characters, why put them in sexy outfits and focus on them a lot in the story. I'm pretty certain other writers, editors, producers, directors would have issue with a script pandering to certain kinks, especially if the story doesn't need these scenes. I imagine to with artists that are FAs, they may wish to have BBW characters, but higher ups will tell them to draw conventionally attractive women. 

All hope isn't lost, we could have more BBW characters, just here and there and have some fanservice scenes with them. This way overtime, we can have more BBWs in fiction. Maybe we could have creators do independent works with BBW fanservice. 

27 minutes ago, ButtonBuster said:

I see nothing but blank empty space.

Yeah the person only mentioned the movie and that it has an eating scene but no links as to a place to watch it. https://ww1.m4uhd.tv/watch-movie-hot-potato-1976-236259.html

This is a link I found to site where you can watch it for free. I also labeled the timestamps for said scenes. 

I think to me for a work to be feedist or have a creator who's into fat women, they would need either several plump women portrayed as beautiful/sexy, a lot of episodes/chapters/issues where female characters gain weight. They would need to design said women to look attractive while fat, no balls of fat with tiny thin arms and legs and grotesque faces. As well as giving shots of the woman's body and how sexy it looks. Plus-Size elf fits this descriptions because of course. Melt Away! Mizore-chan counts as there are several chapters where she gains weight and her fat form looks rather attractive and is proportioned right. her arms and legs are equal in length and get chub. Plus several of these chapters have her in a string bikini and shows off her curves. This indicates to me a creator that is certainly interested in plump women.

Works that muddy this are the works of Seth McFarlane as his fat women characters do look attractive, it still falls for using fat people as comedy and doesn't give them depth beyond being food addicted fatties. Some people have debated whether or not he is. Given the Orville, I don't think he's into plump women. Maybe a writer on Family Guy, American Dad and Cleveland Show is into fat women and just goes along with the fat jokes as an excuse to have them in a work of fiction, but that's about it in terms of McFarlane being one of us. Maybe like Passion Patties it's a case of works being unintentionally sexy. Sometimes creators just put stuff in their work without it being intended as sexy. Like scenes of women being tied up in fiction, sometimes it's sexy, sometimes it's there for the plot, or werebeast transformations, various creators have them in a story but they likely aren't all furries. 

Another suggestion was if George Miller (Director of Mad Max, Mad Max: Fury Road, Happy Feet and Three Thousand Years of Longing) is one of us. While a scene in Fury Road and Ibrahim in Three Thousand Years supports this, I am still unsure. Maybe if he admitted in the commentary of Three Thousand Years of Longing, then I will accept it. I do wonder if he admitted it in the director's commentary. Like if he admits to finding plump women as sexy, if he's awkward and evasive or if it's standard work stuff. Just what it was like filming the scenes, how the women felt about being naked, if it was hot filming in the set (I thought it would be hot given it's a room lined with fur and I thought that being naked would be advantageous in a hot room). 

Anyway, does this criteria work for determining creators that are FAs versus those that have an episode or two of weight gain and not meaning characters gaining weight to be sexy when they're fat? 

I will list creators that are one of us and leave out the creator who did something I can't mention here and perhaps we can get some of their work posted here.

Robert Crumb, a lot of his women tend to be plump. It may be hard to have his stuff here since a lot of it is very NSFW. Maybe the ones that are relatively SFW.

Ralph Bakshi as some of the women in his films are on the plumper side. I wonder if he has a diverse taste in women as he does focus on traditionally attractive women in his work. I wonder if he digs both conventionally attractive women and plumper women or if the plump women give him something different to have animated.

Synecdoche because of course, look at Plus-Sized elf and his twitter/fanbox/pixiv show this.

Hanao Tabi of Melt Away! Mizore-Chan! as the series has multiple weight gain scenes of the title character, especially having shots of her in a bikini and showing off her curves. Another character, a Kappa gains weight as well to be better at sumo. They had one scene in their new series Ghostbuster Osamu where a character gains weight. 

Perhaps we can see these creators works be posted here on this board? I thought to name them and then over time we see their works posted here. 

Here's some pics of Melt Away! Mizore-Chan!

After looking at these, I can definitely say that Hanao Tabi is one of us. Chapters are 20, 34, 35, and 57. Chapter 43 has the Kappa Nagaru gaining weight to be better at sumo. 

I do wonder if it's okay to post manga pics and in the future pics from animated films here. Just to try to keep this thread alive and avoid the discussions of the same old shows and movies. To try to bring in newer works into the discussion. 

4-n.jpg

13-n.jpg

14-n.jpg

15-n.jpg

16-n.jpg

17-n.jpg

18-n.jpg

9-n.jpg

12-n.jpg

13-n.jpg

On 8/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, ChubbyGomez said:

Not exactly  a weight gain but in the beginning of Modern Family Claire had a little tanker on her and looks great 😍🤤

IMG_2365.jpg

JPEG image-0ABA1BEEAC92-1.jpeg

Well, Julie Bowen was carrying twins when they filmed the pilot, so afterwards, she probably still had a bit of weight on her when filming the rest of season 1.

Not really a weight gain but when she was 20, future Academy Award nominated actress Rooney Mara guest starred on Law and Order: SVU as a girl who beat up fat people. The end of the episode reveals that she used to be fat herself, with the show even going to the trouble of providing a nice "before" photograph of her.

IMG_0333.thumb.JPG.3b4d770165cc0c97ffb4d7c2f970a683.JPGIMG_0335.thumb.JPG.86a7b2e0b14b4b8fc83a1813a74d126d.JPG