Bebe Rexha

zachi

On 8/22/2023 at 1:10 AM, ThickNewLook said:

Thanks for the compare! What day did she say she was 180?

I just hope she never loses weight because she feels like she has to because of the pressure of being a celebrity. She’s looking incredible. But once a beauty always a beauty. 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:25 AM, Jhall said:

Like, imagine that Bebe has just finished getting squeezed into her outfit, she looks in the mirror to check herself out, and sees this:

1A2E467F-DD79-4455-807D-B13A55A80858.thumb.jpeg.67d5ce0c3113e043f05c7cbc83e8d093.jpeg
06F88E49-6A56-4DD4-9737-3B5E89E9BB80.thumb.jpeg.0e0ecb40e95a4792e27c600ab6762529.jpegI wonder what happens - like, does she make her wardrobe people cinch up her corset tighter?

Looking at her belly finally unrestricted and unposed at the airport, I’d say it’s an issue of physical limits. Corsets will squish fat around and compress it somewhat, but can’t work miracles (although Bebe pushes those limits and I think it makes her one of the hottest Curvage celebs). I’d say at this point she holds her gut in as much as possible for them to do the corset up to that point, then just tries to survive the performance without passing out 😂

the belly oozing out the bottom and other weird bulges are typical signs of a too-tight corset. It’s a miracle frankly she can still cinch that thing into anything remotely hourglass. 

5 hours ago, Fan21 said:

As expected, yet another rant by her about her weight. I mean if she feels so insecure, why doesn’t she try to lose some weight, or at least maintain it?

You can be sure she has tried to lose weight at various points and might even be actively trying now. Virtually anyone who's bigger than the thin ideal has made attempts at weight loss, and that's true a hundred times over for celebrities whose self-esteem and livelihoods depends on their image in a way no regular person can probably grasp.

At the same time: we're all built differently! Some people lose weight easily, but most will lose some and probably gain it back later, and some people have a hard time losing at all. We can only speculate, but there could be a thousand things affecting Bebe's weight: PCOS, meds (she has bipolar and different meds for that can cause weight gain), mid-30s metabolism changes, stress and stress-eating, etc. etc. It's not like I know, either - I'm just talking out my ass based partly on things she's said - but my point is none of us knows, and it's rarely as simple as "why doesn't she just lose the weight?"

IMO the feelings she expressed in this video are real, but she's looking for affirmation and reassurance from her fans. I doubt she ever really considered not going to the VMAs tonight.

Curious what about her strikes you as fake, @Croman.

It's not exactly that I disagree, but more that I think everything celebrity is "fake" since they're always performing, even when they're not on screen or on stage - they constantly have to do PR and manage their image. Everybody does that in a different way, and maybe some feel more sincere than others, but I don't think it's unique to Bebe. And I do think the emotional impact of having thousands or millions of people give you shit about gaining weight is real, whoever you are.

6 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

You can be sure she has tried to lose weight at various points and might even be actively trying now. Virtually anyone who's bigger than the thin ideal has made attempts at weight loss, and that's true a hundred times over for celebrities whose self-esteem and livelihoods depends on their image in a way no regular person can probably grasp.

At the same time: we're all built differently! Some people lose weight easily, but most will lose some and probably gain it back later, and some people have a hard time losing at all. We can only speculate, but there could be a thousand things affecting Bebe's weight: PCOS, meds (she has bipolar and different meds for that can cause weight gain), mid-30s metabolism changes, stress and stress-eating, etc. etc. It's not like I know, either - I'm just talking out my ass based partly on things she's said - but my point is none of us knows, and it's rarely as simple as "why doesn't she just lose the weight?"

IMO the feelings she expressed in this video are real, but she's looking for affirmation and reassurance from her fans. I doubt she ever really considered not going to the VMAs tonight.

This is more about her insecurities.  I’m guessing she has had a hard time finding an outfit for the VMA’s that doesn’t make her look large and increase her insecurities.