Has being a feedee/feeder affected your politics?

Guest PoliticalFeedee

Guest PoliticalFeedee

This question might seem inevitable given my username, but I’m really interested in hearing what you have to say. I don’t expect any particular answer.

How has being a feeder/feedee/fat admirer affected your views of political issues? Has it at all?

Since this is such a loaded question, I understand if you don’t want to answer publicly. Feel free to message me an answer if you want it to remain private. Again, I’m not expecting anything and I’m not here to roast people, I just want to know what you think. Feederism isn’t well studied and, studying political science, I really want to know more about how the two are related.

Thank you in advance! 🙃😊

Feedism and Politics are so far opposite to one another. As someone who is heavy into politics I am happy feedism is no where near politics.

Now have gas average be over $7 and a massive recession and then we have entered a crisis. I have been curious how feeders/feedee's worked towards their goals back in 2008 to 2013 during the recession?

What were the challenges and how did you all stay successful?

Guest PoliticalFeedee
4 hours ago, Lake Terror said:

Feedism and Politics are so far opposite to one another. As someone who is heavy into politics I am happy feedism is no where near politics.

Now have gas average be over $7 and a massive recession and then we have entered a crisis. I have been curious how feeders/feedee's worked towards their goals back in 2008 to 2013 during the recession?

What were the challenges and how did you all stay successful?

Thank you for the answer! I’m sure that for many people they’re not related and that’s equally a valid answer to having actually found a connection. I know it is connected for some people and I just wanted to know what this community had to say about it. And it’s a good question! Not one I can answer but I’m sure more people will come along who can provide 😉

Guest SunnySeattle

Interesting question. I don't know how related feedism is to the American political binary, but I have thought about a few policies that would satisfy my ** nature yet fly in the face of all my other values. Take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I am no expert on these matters.

As a feeder, expanding highways and continuing to rely on fossil fuels appeals to me because it functions as a public investment that encourages the populace to drive for most of their needs, and therefore promotes a sedentary lifestyle; and yet I hate the idea of continuing to maintain infrastructure that directly contributes to the climate crisis. Driving everywhere is certainly one of the main contributors to my girlfriend's obesity.

My girlfriend also consumes a lot of fast food and soda, so I would prefer that junk food not be subject to a 'Soda Tax' like they have in New York and other places, so that we can continue to purchase unnecessary amounts of it for less money, since we buy so much of it every week, but I also see how this would be beneficial for the people who aren't specifically trying to get fatter.

This was an interesting question, if I think of anymore I'll come back to this thread. Overall though, if I were to vote purely in my feeder interests then I would largely vote Republican; is this assessment correct / incorrect?

Guest Weight gain schadenfreude
14 hours ago, SunnySeattle said:

Interesting question. I don't know how related feedism is to the American political binary, but I have thought about a few policies that would satisfy my ** nature yet fly in the face of all my other values. Take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I am no expert on these matters.

As a feeder, expanding highways and continuing to rely on fossil fuels appeals to me because it functions as a public investment that encourages the populace to drive for most of their needs, and therefore promotes a sedentary lifestyle; and yet I hate the idea of continuing to maintain infrastructure that directly contributes to the climate crisis. Driving everywhere is certainly one of the main contributors to my girlfriend's obesity.

My girlfriend also consumes a lot of fast food and soda, so I would prefer that junk food not be subject to a 'Soda Tax' like they have in New York and other places, so that we can continue to purchase unnecessary amounts of it for less money, since we buy so much of it every week, but I also see how this would be beneficial for the people who aren't specifically trying to get fatter.

This was an interesting question, if I think of anymore I'll come back to this thread. Overall though, if I were to vote purely in my feeder interests then I would largely vote Republican; is this assessment correct / incorrect?

Roughly speaking, I think you're right. Except for the fat acceptance movement, which tend to align itself to the left. Ironically both public anti-obesity measures AND fat acceptance movement tend to come from the left of the spectrum.

Other policies that help obesity are corn subsidies and unregulated use of hormones in the meat industry.

Guest SunnySeattle
12 hours ago, cheddar said:

Healthcare costs are a lot higher than junk food taxes and much harder to avoid.

Ha! That’s so true, I definitely didn’t think of that one. I’ve always really enjoyed watching videos of models talking about their recent visits to the doctors, maybe we’d get more of those under an American universal healthcare scheme.

7 hours ago, Weight gain schadenfreude said:

Roughly speaking, I think you're right. Except for the fat acceptance movement, which tend to align itself to the left. Ironically both public anti-obesity measures AND fat acceptance movement tend to come from the left of the spectrum.

Other policies that help obesity are corn subsidies and unregulated use of hormones in the meat industry.

I certainly have noticed that body positivity is often espoused by self-described leftists, and over time I have naturally become more attracted to the fat alt sjw types lol.

5 hours ago, SunnySeattle said:

I’ve always really enjoyed watching videos of models talking about their recent visits to the doctors, maybe we’d get more of those under an American universal healthcare scheme.

The best mindset to take imo is thinking about what kinds of policies would allow people to live their happiest lives for as long as possible. There's many benefits to universal healthcare in that regard, irrespective of size.

As for other intersections of fetish and politics; since participation in a fetish should be by choice, policies that encourage obesity among those that don't actively want it is something I'd disapprove of. Health and happiness are foremost. Secondary to that is inclusivity; whether political power is used to exclude a group for the purpose of vilification.

While Conservatives and many centrists have put in place policies that either encourage or dismiss obesity (encouraging car use, long work hours for low wages, pandering to processed food lobbyists, etc), it is tethered to proscribed self-loathing. 'Fatties on welfare' is an all-too-common victim-blaming attack line used to blame poor people for being poor.

Even if a FA ignored other people's well-being, I would argue that it's a lot better to be in a relationship with one plump, happy person than to fail in dating ten people that are fat and miserable. Consent is central to engaging in feeder-feedee stuff without it potentially veering into abuse and a big reason why I would happily advocate against policies that give people less choice and autonomy over their bodies. Even in the case of a 'sugar tax', you can always add more sugar on top of a drink, but you can never take it out.

I haven't seen any proposals for a Heavy Cream tax so far. 😛

FA content is my safe space where I can be friends with everyone without half the people choosing to hate the other half because their media propaganda (ahem… “news entertainment and commentary”) told them to. Ironically, I love politics, but it’s impossible to get into it anymore — toxic fanbase.

I'm very happy that I can write stories in my favourite genre settings - whether it's medieval /ancient fantasy / regency England / or a corporate dystopian future - and while people may be intrigued by the girl chugging milk urns / wine jars / cakemix bowls / nutri-shakes, no one feels a need to comment on the politics of the setting. This is for the best - my Arabian Nights setting has slavery, but it's the historical aesthetic of the setting, it's not political!

Guest PoliticalFeedee

Thank you all for your amazing responses!

It’s funny to me because I asked the question but I don’t actually think it’s impacted my politics that much either — especially participating in the feederism community politics would never come up in my mind. I love the fact that we can separate some of our feelings from others and have a healthy, supportive community instead of one riddled with toxicity from the general political sphere.

I’m relatively new to this specific community but I’ve been into FA stuff for a while so I’ve definitely read some stuff about how the BBW movement ties into socially progressive politics. I don’t know a lot about it and I haven’t had the opportunity to meet any of these people yet. As a person interested in political science I try to keep things objective when I’m talking to different people so I’m happy and willing to listen to influences whether they be left or right.

I’m also very grateful for people who’ve reached out to me personally with examples. You are great! If anyone else wants to share I’d really love to hear more, it’s fascinating to me. I’m not doing research at the present time of course but it’s something I might consider in the future.

Labels like 'right' or 'left' only exist to paint all politics along a single axis. It's dumb, reductive and exists only as a result of undemocratic two-party systems in certain wealthy and influential states. There are people framed as 'left' that actively undermine their supposed peers on social issues, just as the tea party and what became the 'alt-right' successfully shoved neoliberals into a corner by allying with christian theocrats. Those more or less in control of this narrative are those most likely to pander to the 'middle' that this model invents.

Personally, the ideal social structure is whatever maximizes our humanity - what some german nerd might call 'gattungswesen'. This requires freedom from meaningless labour, respecting of bodily autonomy and preserving the most collective free will. Neither conservative nor liberal politics share an interest in this concept, since they both protect corporate excess and the exploitation that requires. Though of course, the former is a lot more explicit and openly hostile than the latter.

9 hours ago, PoliticalFeedee said:

I love the fact that we can separate some of our feelings from others and have a healthy, supportive community instead of one riddled with toxicity from the general political sphere.

There are plenty of toxic people out there in the community, they're just not posting in here yet (and are more likely to be on other sites). As long as their politics don't motivate them to directly harm others, I prefer to live and let live. At the end of the day, a Trump-voting redneck in the rustbelt is as twisted and enslaved by the influences around them as a chinese factory worker. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Guest Weight gain schadenfreude
On 6/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, cheddar said:

Labels like 'right' or 'left' only exist to paint all politics along a single axis. It's dumb, reductive and exists only as a result of undemocratic two-party systems in certain wealthy and influential states. There are people framed as 'left' that actively undermine their supposed peers on social issues, just as the tea party and what became the 'alt-right' successfully shoved neoliberals into a corner by allying with christian theocrats. Those more or less in control of this narrative are those most likely to pander to the 'middle' that this model invents.

I think a lot of people position themselves politically as an afterthought of their lifestyle of choice or their environment rather than as a result of actually reflecting on issues. "I like scented candles, so this is what I think about everything", or "I like shooting guns, so this is what I think about everything", and the Left/Right Liberal/Conservative manichean duality provides easy to use answers to everything so you don't actually have to think much, like readymade meals.