Voice Actress Lauren Landa

Guest sitdown/shutup

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

The end of this article might explain why we aren't receiving much of Lauren Landa in pictures and video during panels anymore:

http://www.chalgyr.com/2018/04/Article-ShutoCon-LaurenLanda.html

"As an additional note on this article, I did not include any audio or video clips as Lauren asked the group not to take content of that nature and share it - a wish I am more than happy to abide by."

Guest devastat0r

That's a shame. At least we got to see the Welcoming Ceremonies and the Live Acting vs Voice Acting during Shuto Con. She was great in both

3 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Now, I'm worried she ended up having the same experience as Kris Williams - googling herself and finding a lengthy thread on this site. Hopefully, that's not the case but it sucks that she doesn't wanna be seen online.

Hopefully we've made the changes I suggested elsewhere on these forums.

Well, now I'm horrified, this forum is one of the first things that comes up, at least on images...yep, I'm cringing already

Guest devastat0r

I kinda feel bad now. I mainly wanted to discuss how great she looks and also learn more about her as person. Try to learn the reason behind her weight gain. But if it's making her feel uncomfortable at all, I feel very guilty for causing any harm.

I honestly think it's just her anxiety with social media especially with all of her accounts being private. Her recent gain could be maybe making her self conscious with her looks since she does cover herself up quite a bit ever since she started gaining. I don't blame her for acting that way especially if she found this thread. 

Though this thread shows up on the second page of google results when I searched her name so that's not good. Lauren is beautiful and that's all that was meant by this thread as we were just admiring her.  She should be confidant and proud of who she is and just be herself and be happy at least that's what I hope for. Hopefully she doesn't feel uncomfortable about herself and hopefully this thread didn't cause any difficulties for her if she did happen to stumble upon it and I apologize for anything that may have upset her. She's beautiful and hopefully everything with her is alright. 

Guest devastat0r

I also deeply apologize if anything about this thread upset her in any way. She's a very nice and pretty person.

10 hours ago, devastat0r said:

I kinda feel bad now. I mainly wanted to discuss how great she looks and also learn more about her as person. Try to learn the reason behind her weight gain. But if it's making her feel uncomfortable at all, I feel very guilty for causing any harm.

Now before you or anybody else go on too big a guilt trip, lets try an be rational and look at some facts.

We now know she has some kinda social media anxeity, from what we do not know, but apparently its big enough that she has a private Instagram and Twitter, the anxiety could be her feeling self conscious about her pretty big weight gain, but thats only a guess.

She apparenly is not happy by the angles or her look in pictures sadly, but we do not for a fact know what her sources in general are.

Sure it could be this thread on curvage, which is meant to celebrate her, but I ofcourse could see how a person could react seeing themselves as a subject here could be terrefying.

But it could also be a lot of other sources that could have the same effect, for example the 26 video long playlist of her weight gain on youtube..zoinks..

It could be photos and prolly also morphs of her on Deviant Art or maybe some other source. 

It could also "just" be photos with fans she sees on Twitter and Instagram that makes her feel insecure, and again we do not know for a fact until she for example says why at some point.

So what I´m trying to say is, don´t go on a big guilt trip before we have more of or all the facts.

Tho if "we" are the main reason, that would ofcourse suck even more, but we do not know that.

Was this little rant even rational? or am I reading too much into the before mentioned reasons?

7 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

Hey Lauren Landa: big is beautiful

Okay.....now with that damage control out of the way, can anyone find some more recent shots(preferably candids) of her ever-expanding body?  She's hot.

(Congratulations, sir! your respecting women levels have increased to 95%!) But there is a YouTube channel for Armageddon related stuff, and near as I can tell they recorded, and are uploading, just about everything, it just happens to be somewhat slow, so I imagine the panel that has Lauren with Cherami Leigh will be up sooner or later, with relatively good quality cameras to boot! https://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeNewZealand/videos?disable_polymer=1 

1 hour ago, This User is Generic said:

(Congratulations, sir! you're respecting women levels have increased to 95%!) But there is a YouTube channel for Armageddon related stuff, and near as I can tell they recorded, and are uploading, just about everything, it just happens to be somewhat slow, so I imagine the panel that has Lauren with Cherami Leigh will be up sooner or later, with relatively good quality cameras to boot! https://www.youtube.com/user/AnimeNewZealand/videos?disable_polymer=1 

*Your(wow, there's a twist; it's usually the other way 'round)

But thanks for the link, and good luck with fixing that malfunctioning sarcasm detector!  ^_^

14 hours ago, DanishFan87 said:

Now before you or anybody else go on too big a guilt trip, lets try an be rational and look at some facts.

We now know she has some kinda social media anxeity, from what we do not know, but apparently its big enough that she has a private Instagram and Twitter, the anxiety could be her feeling self conscious about her pretty big weight gain, but thats only a guess.

She apparenly is not happy by the angles or her look in pictures sadly, but we do not for a fact know what her sources in general are.

Sure it could be this thread on curvage, which is meant to celebrate her, but I ofcourse could see how a person could react seeing themselves as a subject here could be terrefying.

But it could also be a lot of other sources that could have the same effect, for example the 26 video long playlist of her weight gain on youtube..zoinks..

It could be photos and prolly also morphs of her on Deviant Art or maybe some other source. 

It could also "just" be photos with fans she sees on Twitter and Instagram that makes her feel insecure, and again we do not know for a fact until she for example says why at some point.

So what I´m trying to say is, don´t go on a big guilt trip before we have more of or all the facts.

Tho if "we" are the main reason, that would ofcourse suck even more, but we do not know that.

Was this little rant even rational? or am I reading too much into the before mentioned reasons?

Yeah, it sucks that guilt has seeped in to this thread, but it comes with the territory of having this preference in this modern world which is based on expectations that are unforgiving. The bright side of guilt is that we know we're capable of wrongdoing and the importance of responsibility. So, we're at least not complete and total scum.

An unfair thing about all this is you don't see this type of concern from people with preferences that are contrary to ours. I haven't seen/heard of some model being upset that her photos ended up on thinspo/proana/promia sites. Runway Sally doesn't take a trip to Mickey D's to keep candid shots of herself from being exploited by those people. I haven't seen some bodybuilder/fitness instructor being upset about being featured on one of those "Hey schmoes! Let's fap to muscle chicks" forums. When those guys comment "man, I wanna see her on some more Deca", CrossFit Jane doesn't dial it back to stave off the weirdos. I almost think some of said women welcome that attention, sadly. My main thing is, I don't think they have the types of meta-kink conversations that we do.

^Probably needs Abyssing.

Well it's true who knows what's really going or what any of the reasons may be as Danish pointed out it could be multiple things and not have anything do with us or this thread unless she actually states the otherwise we really have no way of knowing for sure. She has anxiety, but that's all it really could be mixed with being self conscious which isn't a good combo. I'm sure she's doing her best to deal with it, but let's not get too carried away yet. A lot of people are fussy about how they look especially in pictures, but again who really knows for sure, but I didn't rule out her finding this place just in case as we really don't mean any harm or anything at all as I stated in my previous post. She's beautiful and hopefully she realizes that or starts to.  

So for now I say we just relax a little bit, enjoy the thread and just hope for the best and hope everything will be alright with Lauren. 

3 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Yeah, it sucks that guilt has seeped in to this thread, but it comes with the territory of having this preference in this modern world which is based on expectations that are unforgiving. The bright side of guilt is that we know we're capable of wrongdoing and the importance of responsibility. So, we're at least not complete and total scum.

An unfair thing about all this is you don't see this type of concern from people with preferences that are contrary to ours. I haven't seen/heard of some model being upset that her photos ended up on thinspo/proana/promia sites. Runway Sally doesn't take a trip to Mickey D's to keep candid shots of herself from being exploited by those people. I haven't seen some bodybuilder/fitness instructor being upset about being featured on one of those "Hey schmoes! Let's fap to muscle chicks" forums. When those guys comment "man, I wanna see her on some more Deca", CrossFit Jane doesn't dial it back to stave off the weirdos. I almost think some of said women welcome that attention, sadly. My main thing is, I don't think they have the types of meta-kink conversations that we do.

^Probably needs Abyssing.

Those are very good points as people opposite of us don't really deal with situations like that maybe once in a while, but not very often where someone gets upset about some of there photos being on so and so site or would they have the type of kink conversations that go on around here. Maybe once in a while they might, but I still don't think it's quite the same as how we do it. Then again they will always see things differently than us. Sadly some of those women do like/want that type of attention, but not all of them. 

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Here's something cringe-worthy - a fan decided to draw Lauren Landa as he waited in line, then got her to sign it. Not only did he draw her with round cheeks that almost obscure her eyes and a double chin to boot, but he had the audacity to present it to her and the have her autograph it...

DbWPcMuV4AAu-6s.jpg

Here's a larger image of the group shot taken from one of the voice actresses as well: 

DbV9Sv3V4AEUsd_.thumb.jpg.fffd92a6225258d4d795cbc8c99abb6c.jpg

1 hour ago, lovelymeow555 said:

Here's something cringe-worthy - a fan decided to draw Lauren Landa as he waited in line, then got her to sign it. Not only did he draw her with round cheeks that almost obscure her eyes and a double chin to boot, but he had the audacity to present it to her and the have her autograph it...

DbWPcMuV4AAu-6s.jpg  30   81.47 kB

Oh, please....he made her look way thinner than she is IRL, and it had a distinct caricature look(i.e. similar to, I don't know, a freaking cartoon character) about it, which made it quite flattering.  Yeah, she's not thrilled about her weight gain, apparently....but I honestly think that this spur-of-the-moment doodle brought a sincere smile to her face.

The only thing even potentially objectionable would be the oddly-wide and prominent nose, but since she actually has quite the enviable one there's nothing to even be sensitive about.