Weight gain shakes

lovethatchub

So, I'm thinking of diving into the weight gain shake way of gaining....

I'm a bit hesitant because I don't want to damage my body in any way, or gain all in one place and look disproportionate.

If you have seen my threads before, it has been ridiculously difficult to gain weight these days. Stuffing my face all day isn't exactly easy when you live a busy life.

So, I'm asking for any advice with weight gain shakes. What's a good brand? Should I worry about gaining all in one place? What's your experience? How fast did you gain weight?

Thanks!  :-*

Yeah, there's no way to affect where the fat goes. That whole idea is a complete myth.

As for diet, if it's just protein or mass gaining powder then they're basically as safe as any form of excess calories. I've used them for years intermittently whilst doing training - they're not bad for cholesterol or blood pressure.

If you're thinking of using stuff that is unhealthy for reasons beyond just the calories, like cream or whatever, then obviously it's a bit different.

I know there is no way to pinpoint where weight actually goes, but I'm wondering if the practice of stuffing/overeating tends to give girls more belly than if they just gained weight gradually from snacking and eating smaller, equally unhealthy meals. I think overstuffing as in keeping the belly full all the time stretches the stomach and makes the gain there bigger than it would have been if it was a gradual gain. Still, genetics does play a key role.

I know there is no way to pinpoint where weight actually goes, but I'm wondering if the practice of stuffing/overeating tends to give girls more belly than if they just gained weight gradually from snacking and eating smaller, equally unhealthy meals. I think overstuffing as in keeping the belly full all the time stretches the stomach and makes the gain there bigger than it would have been if it was a gradual gain. Still, genetics does play a key role.

I was going to mention this as well but you beat me to it.  This seem's t to be true based on my experiences with myself and my wife with regard to a bigger belly.  When I stuffed and intentionally tried to gain especially when incorporating liquids such as heavy milkshakes etc. most of my gain "Initially" went to a huge belly. It then started to form around my Love handles and back as I got bigger.  Only after I stopped stuffing and started to lose some weight is when my belly softened up with more looser Fat.

My wife when overeating and continually eating bigger portions starts to get a nice big belly looking almost 6 months pregnant on top of her softer pear shaped figure......it look's really sexy and eventually her belly starts to go down and get softer and fatter and not stay as protruding.

With this said....over many years when my wife initially gains it usually starts with her getting a more pronounced belly sticking out, followed by her thighs and butt fattening up and her breasts getting even bigger,  then her upper arms.  After she goes through a 15-20 Lb gain she will lose a little bit and her big pronounced belly goes down and it turns into softer Fat with a big lower belly roll......and this cycle repeats itself.  Over the years her figure has taken slight changes with repeated gaining and then the weight and Fat settling and know she has a nice big lower belly roll and when her belly starts sticking out from gaining her belly know starts to inflate up under her bras and still has a soft layer of Fat which starts to form a second big top roll when sitting down.

Obviously genetics plays a major role.....but I believe initial gaining and or stuffing lead to a big protruding belly first......which is damn sexy so all the better.

I was going to mention this as well but you beat me to it.  This seem's t to be true based on my experiences with myself and my wife with regard to a bigger belly.  When I stuffed and intentionally tried to gain especially when incorporating liquids such as heavy milkshakes etc. most of my gain "Initially" went to a huge belly. It then started to form around my Love handles and back as I got bigger.  Only after I stopped stuffing and started to lose some weight is when my belly softened up with more looser Fat.

My wife when overeating and continually eating bigger portions starts to get a nice big belly looking almost 6 months pregnant on top of her softer pear shaped figure......it look's really sexy and eventually her belly starts to go down and get softer and fatter and not stay as protruding.

With this said....over many years when my wife initially gains it usually starts with her getting a more pronounced belly sticking out, followed by her thighs and butt fattening up and her breasts getting even bigger,  then her upper arms.  After she goes through a 15-20 Lb gain she will lose a little bit and her big pronounced belly goes down and it turns into softer Fat with a big lower belly roll......and this cycle repeats itself.  Over the years her figure has taken slight changes with repeated gaining and then the weight and Fat settling and know she has a nice big lower belly roll and when her belly starts sticking out from gaining her belly know starts to inflate up under her bras and still has a soft layer of Fat which starts to form a second big top roll when sitting down.

Obviously genetics plays a major role.....but I believe initial gaining and or stuffing lead to a big protruding belly first......which is damn sexy so all the better.

That's very interesting to hear. I've always been more partial to a mostly lower body pear shaped gain. I've never seen many girls that are known for stuffing that really have a pear shaped body. It always seems sooner or later that the belly overtakes their figure.

Protein or mass gainer powder areally both excellent options as MyLittleFriend stated. As for whether these will affect your weight distribution, I doubt there is much a difference, but it does seem that some diets are more prone to that "beach ball" visceral fat stomach (see vavooom and her heavy cream) as opposed to the sub-cutaneous variety. Honestly though, the differences are subtle, and the jury is still out on whether other foods make a difference.

From personal experience though, I used Mass Gainers a few years ago when I was trying to bulk up. I was working out 3 times a day and it was still too much sugar for me. Regular protein on the other hand is a great way to get in extra calories without spiking your blood sugar (which is probably the unhealthiest part of any weight game regime).

... As for whether these will affect your weight distribution, I doubt there is much a difference, but it does seem that some diets are more prone to that "beach ball" visceral fat stomach (see vavooom and her heavy cream) as opposed to the sub-cutaneous variety. Honestly though, the differences are subtle, and the jury is still out on whether other foods make a difference.

This seem's t to be true based on my experiences with myself and my wife with regard to a bigger belly.  When I stuffed and intentionally tried to gain especially when incorporating liquids such as heavy milkshakes etc. most of my gain "Initially" went to a huge belly. It then started to form around my Love handles and back as I got bigger.  Only after I stopped stuffing and started to lose some weight is when my belly softened up with more looser Fat.

From what I have seen, the answer seems to be a combination of this. The only real control you have over fat distribution is visceral vs. subcutaneous. I don't know if any particular foods lead to more one rather than the other, but I think how quickly you gain seems to be more of a factor. When you gain quickly, a higher percentage of the fat is gained viscerally. But when you lose weight, it seems as though you lose visceral fat easily while the body wants to hang on to subcutaneous fat. Which is why love handles and saddlebags are considered 'trouble spots' among women who are trying to become skinny. So if you are trying to get more of the soft squishy fat, take it slow and don't be afraid to exercise a bit to lose any visceral fat you may gain.

OP: avoid protein and fibre as those have high satiety per calorie, and you're aiming for low satiety. Mass gaining shakes are imo very expensive for what they are. I've seen people use cake mixes as base for shakes. Cream is obviously pretty popular among hardcore feedees. You can replace milk with it in pretty much every shake recipe you see, and if you do so gradually, you might begin to really like it! Really make your shakes as palatable as you can (with your favorite tastes), make big portions and drink it out of large jug; people significantly more soup when it's secretly being filled than when it's not, so visual aspect makes a difference for satiety.

Shakes are a good option for gaining as liquids have lower satiety than solid food.

Guest tails3

Look, my wife had to maintain a ~4000 cal diet for a while a the best supplement (to multiple big meals) was "Mass Gainer" from GNC.  Ensure shakes are too expensive.  She also gained evenly and still looks sexy as hell, despite that being 4 years ago.

Get the shake powder and mix it with frozen berries and vanilla ice cream or whole milk.  There's a million tasy recipes.