is it all about the belly???

Guest tillymint

I know for me, at least? A lot of things come into play. Unlike some of the people here, I'm not even so fixated or concerned with a belly. It's more of a complimentary thing.  I'm into women with curves.....  I've always loved a big, thick pair of "thunder thighs" and big calves, and big round butts. Also very much a fan of big boobs. But I really hate implants, or even the clothing that some women wear that tries to fake them having more "shape" in those areas than they really do. The thing is though? I realized LONG ago that any women possessing the size "assets" I really find sexy are going to be on the big/thick side -- usually with a larger bone structure too. In fact, a bigger, heavier woman is naturally going to get the bigger, muscular legs I find attractive because they need them to carry around the weight.

And once you have the big butt and/or big boobs, a belly isn't going to look nearly as big at it would on a flat chested gal with no butt. To me, it just looks like proof the rest of the curves are the real deal!

I do like "the numbers" too though. If you're blessed with the body type where a lot of weight gain goes to the butt, boobs and/or legs? The more, the better! :) I like seeing someone like that get on a scale and "wow" me with how high it goes.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:31 PM, tillymint said:

I have to say though that every time one of you comments on the big leg thing I smile to myself! if only I could go back in time and tell the younger me that it was okay to have full thighs and bit of wobble! 

I'm constantly amazed at how many women really hate having big thighs and/or calves, while so many guys I've run across absolutely love them!

I mean, even when you're talking about guys who have no real preference for bigger women, it's pretty rare one of them would say, "Thin stick legs really turn me on!"

A long time ago, I worked in an office where a lady was the manager over a small group of people who did software development work for the company. She was a nice person, and not bad looking, but wouldn't stand out in a crowd either. She had a pretty average body type .... probably weighed close to what her "ideal weight" was supposed to be for her height on the charts, etc. etc.  Well, one summer, she volunteered to coach the high school kids who were running after school. I think she kept up with that for the next year or so afterwards. Normally, she just wore long baggy pants ... business casual clothing that didn't reveal much, so none of us really saw a difference. Although she was constantly snacking at work and we noticed she was eating more when we went out to lunch as a group. She said all the running gave her more of an appetite.

One evening, she came by the office on a day she was off work. Showed up in a t-shirt and running shorts, and every guy in the place couldn't help but check out those legs! Her thighs had gotten absolutely huge, filling up the leg holes in the shorts completely. Big balls of muscle in her calves too. But despite all the muscle, you could tell she'd still been eating enough to keep some "padding" around all of it too. A few of us commented, "I had no idea she had legs like that!" after she left. One guy said, "I bet she could lift the back end of my car with those!" Another commented how she looked really good "with the extra meat on her bones".  And you know? I bet she had no clue anyone actually found her bigger legs attractive. Probably viewed them as a downside of coaching the track team, but decided she couldn't avoid it?

Well... I have to admit I do see a fair bit of "talk" about the whole "thigh gap" thing. So yeah, I guess that's part of what some guys pay attention to when they're into skinnier women? But even with that one, I have to think the majority of it was started by women obsessing over their own legs (and maybe not liking feeling them rubbing together in some cases)?

There's going to be someone for everyone, and someone into anything you can imagine....  The most important sex organ is the brain. So if it can be imagined, it can be somebody's fetish.

But I think what's really being asked/discussed here is if the interest in bigger/heavier or even stronger women is something that's actually somewhat prevalent, or if it's another one of those "fringe" fetishes that 99% of the public would laugh at and completely not get. And from surveys and studies I've seen, as well as all of my own life experiences? I'd say there's a much larger minority of guys into all of these things than most women probably realize.

I think I first realized I had a fascination or interest in muscular/strong women way back as a kid, when I stumbled onto some article in a Popular Science or Popular Mechanics magazine featuring female bodybuilder Rachel McLish. But I also found the women on the original "American Gladiators" TV show kind of sexy. The problem I always found, though, is that when you tell people you're into strong women -- they seem to immediately turn to the really competitive female weightlifters (Olympics and so on) who are judged by how little body fat they have vs. muscle mass. What wins prizes in those contests is a pretty unhealthy, unsustainable body type that doesn't even look physically attractive to me at all. Many of them resort to heavy use of steroids, which further ruin their bodies and give them deep voices that sound like men. But even if they don't, they usually have that really vascular look when competing that's unnatural-looking.

I learned that what I found FAR more attractive were some of these women during their "off season" look, when they gain more weight and stop worrying about the contest judging. I also found there are some female wrestlers out there who just do strength training so they can hold their own when wrestling against guys in mixed wrestling sessions. For them, being heavier AND strong are both advantages. And there's the sport of powerlifting, too -- where it seems to be much more purely about how much someone can lift. No judging based on body fat percentages or any of that. So there are some really strong women powerlifters out there who are also really big and heavy.

And still another place you can find some really strong, but attractive women are the ones into pole dancing. If you get a chance? Do a YouTube search some time for "Gravity Plays Favorites". That's a burlesque pole dancing team of two women that were friends of someone I dated in the past. They don't do naked stripper dancing.... but it's more classy, and they do a lot of amazing acrobatic type stunts on the pole.  The Michelle lady is very strong! She often has her partner hang from her body while she holds both of them up on the pole, just by squeezing her legs that tightly around it. And I've seen her give guys a ride up the pole by hanging onto her shoulders as she pulled them up the pole like she was climbing a rope, while her legs were wrapped around it.

Personally, I'm probably of average strength for a guy my size. I don't really go to the gym or anything, but I'm no weakling. But I love seeing a strong girl show me what she's capable of lifting. And I'd rather date someone who I know is tough enough so I'm not going to accidentally hurt her if we're horsing around.  My ex g/f used to lift weights in the school gym and helped her dad out when he did construction, so she was really strong. She was 5'6" and weighed around 192lbs. I was 5'10" and about the same weight. We were pretty equally matched if we wrestled each other, but she could carry me around really easily. I used to hop on her back when we were in the basement washing clothes and she'd carry me up the stairs while I held onto the clothes basket. And she used to get me up on her shoulders by just squatting down between my legs, having me kind of sit, and then she'd stand up straight, lifting me right off the ground. (We did the role reversal thing at a rock concert one time, where I rode on her shoulders during one of the songs.) One time, on a dare, I had her stand up on a chair and clasp her hands together, held out in front of her while I tried to hang from her arms. She was able to support my weight like that just long enough for me to do one pull-up off of her!

Yeah.... I just find it interesting that other guys here have commented on what I've always noticed; women just do NOT want to date a man who is shorter than them.

Time after time, that's been the one thing I've consistently heard in casual conversations, and observed out in public. Even some of the really short women have a strong preference for taller men (6' or taller). But even when that's not the case? It seems like a shorter guy is almost the universal deal-breaker for relationships.

And I've got to think this is a more recent thing, because when you start going back in time to great grandparents and such? You find a lot of old photos of couples where the woman was at least a couple inches taller than the man.

From my own perspective, I wouldn't care if the woman was taller than me, as long as I found her attractive. But perhaps that's just an extension of my apparent interest in things "non conformist" with relationships (being into heavier women, or stronger women, or even inter-racial relationships)?

Actually, when I was younger, I did have one date with a really tall, Amazon-looking girl. We met in an online chat room that was being used by a whole bunch of people who lived in my city. She was the ONE exception I've ever run into as far as a woman not minding dating a shorter guy. We did a blind date that was just going out to dinner and to the mall, but it went really well. People were definitely staring at us when we walked through the mall though, and I do remember the odd feeling of holding hands with her, and her hand just being so much bigger than mine -- like I was a kid again. The whole thing just seemed so unusual, I think I was more surprised by it than anything else -- so I didn't even call her back for a couple days. 

When I did get back in touch with her online, I found out she went on another date the next day with another guy from the chat room and they hit it off REALLY well. Next thing I know, they were talking about marriage plans! I never saw either of them online after that. Perhaps they were meant to be? I'd say he was a really lucky guy, in any case.

Oh, and I know this might be a bit off-topic for this place ....  but since we were talking about strong women who don't look like huge, manly bodybuilders....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsrjTd-Ghk&t=0s&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=2

That's over 235lbs. she presses for 8 reps, and she says she only weighs about 145lbs. in one of her other videos.  That's really impressive!  My ex g/f had crazy leg strength and a strong back, but I don't think she could have done this!  Actually, maybe 1 or 2 reps. She did manage to do a single push-up with me sitting on her back, once....  But 8 smooth reps like that? No way....

And here's another girl with lots of leg strength:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjPlEXWJAA&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=40&t=0s

That's pretty amazing for leg extensions, IMO.  I can't lift that much weight doing those, myself. It's a lot harder than a leg press. 

Then there's this ... with the girl doing calf raises with the full stack of weights on the machine. Now, this one is the exercise my ex-g/f was great at. She's done this before at a gym with one of her friends standing on the stack, in fact.  Still proof of how strong some women are, especially in the legs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpcVL_95rQ&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=79&t=0s

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I definitely started having suspicions that she was so interested in this because possibly she was trying to write a paper or article of some sort about it?  Maybe even collecting information to quote in some sort of television production?

I definitely remember times in the past where I was on forums like this one and people solicited discussion for the purpose of some sort of TV program they were making about "loving fat people" or what have you.

I guess I feel like I don't much care, either way? It did create a good, thoughtful discussion here -- and if she had ulterior motive of using our comments as part of some project -- at least it's honest and truthful information. I certainly said nothing that I regret saying ...