is it all about the belly???

Guest tillymint

Yeah.... I just find it interesting that other guys here have commented on what I've always noticed; women just do NOT want to date a man who is shorter than them.

Time after time, that's been the one thing I've consistently heard in casual conversations, and observed out in public. Even some of the really short women have a strong preference for taller men (6' or taller). But even when that's not the case? It seems like a shorter guy is almost the universal deal-breaker for relationships.

And I've got to think this is a more recent thing, because when you start going back in time to great grandparents and such? You find a lot of old photos of couples where the woman was at least a couple inches taller than the man.

From my own perspective, I wouldn't care if the woman was taller than me, as long as I found her attractive. But perhaps that's just an extension of my apparent interest in things "non conformist" with relationships (being into heavier women, or stronger women, or even inter-racial relationships)?

Actually, when I was younger, I did have one date with a really tall, Amazon-looking girl. We met in an online chat room that was being used by a whole bunch of people who lived in my city. She was the ONE exception I've ever run into as far as a woman not minding dating a shorter guy. We did a blind date that was just going out to dinner and to the mall, but it went really well. People were definitely staring at us when we walked through the mall though, and I do remember the odd feeling of holding hands with her, and her hand just being so much bigger than mine -- like I was a kid again. The whole thing just seemed so unusual, I think I was more surprised by it than anything else -- so I didn't even call her back for a couple days. 

When I did get back in touch with her online, I found out she went on another date the next day with another guy from the chat room and they hit it off REALLY well. Next thing I know, they were talking about marriage plans! I never saw either of them online after that. Perhaps they were meant to be? I'd say he was a really lucky guy, in any case.

Oh, and I know this might be a bit off-topic for this place ....  but since we were talking about strong women who don't look like huge, manly bodybuilders....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsrjTd-Ghk&t=0s&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=2

That's over 235lbs. she presses for 8 reps, and she says she only weighs about 145lbs. in one of her other videos.  That's really impressive!  My ex g/f had crazy leg strength and a strong back, but I don't think she could have done this!  Actually, maybe 1 or 2 reps. She did manage to do a single push-up with me sitting on her back, once....  But 8 smooth reps like that? No way....

And here's another girl with lots of leg strength:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjPlEXWJAA&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=40&t=0s

That's pretty amazing for leg extensions, IMO.  I can't lift that much weight doing those, myself. It's a lot harder than a leg press. 

Then there's this ... with the girl doing calf raises with the full stack of weights on the machine. Now, this one is the exercise my ex-g/f was great at. She's done this before at a gym with one of her friends standing on the stack, in fact.  Still proof of how strong some women are, especially in the legs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpcVL_95rQ&list=FLW5tXpC5dKsXKIYM0qSlcZQ&index=79&t=0s

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, now that she's gone(and the 30-day necrobump warning has to yet to take effect)...is anyone a bit confused as to what this was all about?  She seemed oddly keen on taking an invested interest in the proclivities of random strangers...almost to the point where it could be seen as potentially artificial(i.e. ulterior motive at hand).  Perhaps I'm just a skeptic, but much to my relief someone did PM me with a similar suspicion...which was a welcome validation.  He or she can make him or herself known at this point(if they so desire), but it was hypothesized to me that "tillymint" might've be some sort of an investigative journalist, ascertaining info for some sort of column or documentary - which is a much better explanation than I could've conjured up.

Sure, some women are just naturally curious and harness a genuine intrigue - and all the more power to them.  But I suppose only time will tell as to whether or not we find ourselves as the unknowing subjects of a buzzfeed article or Barcroft exposé.

Thoughts?

Guest JigglyArms
14 minutes ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

Okay, now that she's gone(and the 30-day necrobump warning has to yet to take effect)...is anyone a bit confused as to what this was all about?  She seemed oddly keen on taking an invested interest in the proclivities of random strangers...almost to the point where it could be seen as potentially artificial(i.e. ulterior motive at hand).  Perhaps I'm just a skeptic, but much to my relief someone did PM me with a similar suspicion...which was a welcome validation.  He or she can make him or herself known at this point(if they so desire), but it was hypothesized to me that "tillymint" might've be some sort of an investigative journalist, ascertaining info for some sort of column or documentary - which is a much better explanation than I could've conjured up.

Sure, some women are just naturally curious and harness a genuine intrigue - and all the more power to them.  But I suppose only time will tell as to whether or not we find ourselves as the unknowing subjects of a buzzfeed article or Barcroft exposé.

Thoughts?

Well it wouldnt be the first time a woman in the community disappeared into the mist, and it won't be the last. Sure perhaps we were just guinea pigs, but perhaps she just had to leave for personal reasons. Benefit of the doubt and all

2 hours ago, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

Thoughts?

It's too bad she's gone. Do accounts "expire" or do you have to actually delete it? If she was legit she was a real diamond in the rough. It certainly was "weird" for around here, but that's why we were so engaged--it was fresh and new and unique for us.

If it was someone else posing as her, then even so,

1) We got some gorgeous photos shared with us to admire

2) Our community was engaged for a week about more than just fapping it and flinging shit at each other

That was a looooottt of effort to actually put thought into responses for a week and to share photos (that seemingly no one else round these parts had seen before), so I'm leaning more towards legit than not. I do think she was someone who just happened upon our little world, was fascinated by it, but ultimately she was just looking in--though not in an exploitatively investigative way.

Oh well. We enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

32 minutes ago, Phrozen said:

It's too bad she's gone. Do accounts "expire" or do you have to actually delete it? If she was legit she was a real diamond in the rough. It certainly was "weird" for around here, but that's why we were so engaged--it was fresh and new and unique for us.

If it was someone else posing as her, then even so,

1) We got some gorgeous photos shared with us to admire

2) Our community was engaged for a week about more than just fapping it and flinging shit at each other

That was a looooottt of effort to actually put thought into responses for a week and to share photos (that seemingly no one else round these parts had seen before), so I'm leaning more towards legit than not. I do think she was someone who just happened upon our little world, was fascinated by it, but ultimately she was just looking in--though not in an exploitatively investigative way.

Oh well. We enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

No, accounts don't "expire".  And if they did, less than a month of free membership would be a pretty short trial!

And don't misconstrue my post a complaint.  Just wanted to hear the views(not unlike what she did ironically) of those who had witnessed or participated in what ensued.  Yeah, it's not like she got any "dirt" on us, so even if she had been mining for juicy tidbits...it's no skin off our backs.  And again, remember what they say about publicity?

3 hours ago, JigglyArms said:

Well it wouldnt be the first time a woman in the community disappeared into the mist, and it won't be the last. Sure perhaps we were just guinea pigs, but perhaps she just had to leave for personal reasons. Benefit of the doubt and all

Yes, but the circumstance this time were...rather unique.  I know it doesn't make much of a difference either way; just kinda wondering aloud.

Yeah, I definitely started having suspicions that she was so interested in this because possibly she was trying to write a paper or article of some sort about it?  Maybe even collecting information to quote in some sort of television production?

I definitely remember times in the past where I was on forums like this one and people solicited discussion for the purpose of some sort of TV program they were making about "loving fat people" or what have you.

I guess I feel like I don't much care, either way? It did create a good, thoughtful discussion here -- and if she had ulterior motive of using our comments as part of some project -- at least it's honest and truthful information. I certainly said nothing that I regret saying ...

For me its about the corruption of shape and mind and striving to get back what you had.
One of my exes had a knack for degredation, and lets just say, i thin and fat shamed her into all the shapes you can be.
BMI range for me is typically between the 19 & 27. (yes, i enjoy a lot of the stuff here okay >:C)

Guest lurkymclurker

She is a pretty good actor; she was pretending to be interested in the cringy shit that you guys were writing. No woman will ever do that without an ulterior motive, period. Even the people who make money off of us won't do that, lol. I hope that the article is fair, lmao.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:28 AM, Jabba Desilijic Tiure said:

She seemed oddly keen on taking an invested interest in the proclivities of random strangers...almost to the point where it could be seen as potentially artificial(i.e. ulterior motive at hand).

Just hope she wasn't a journalist.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:42 AM, lurkymclurker said:

She is a pretty good actor; she was pretending to be interested in the cringy shit that you guys were writing. No woman will ever do that without an ulterior motive, period. Even the people who make money off of us won't do that, lol. I hope that the article is fair, lmao.

Bullshit.  I met one in a bar once.  She actually approached ME and told me she could listen to my musing for hours on end.  And then she did.  We went back to my place and "sealed the deal".  When I woke up, she was gone...but that's understandable.  Poor baby must've gotten spooked by the burglars that night who cleaned out my place and stole my kidney.  I'm a pretty light sleeper, but she must've stayed awake all night for such a quiet break-in to have alerted her.  Those guys must've been elite professionals.  What's tragic is that these savages might've even followed my date home and "eliminated" her, since I'm still unable to track her down to see if she could help create a composite sketch.  But my point is that some women really are the real deal.