Standards of what is and is not considered curvy

md2069

It's funny that as our society has gotten progressively larger the concept of what is curvy has changed drastically. I see that represented in the pictures and/or comments here on CURVAGE.  There are more random pictures of large shapeless women that appear here, and when a truly shapely smaller women appears that is somewhat of small stature there is often quite a number of negative comments from other members.  It is also worth noting that the idea of curvy and the widely used non-white coloquism 'thick' is more of a cultural phenomena than actual preference.  In other words curvy and/or thick often draws along racial lines.  There is a site called assmatrix.com that has some entertaining reading and addresses the subject of curvy and thick in a humorous way.  I use the word humorous loosely however, because there are bound to be a number of women who go to this site and will be offended, and it is their right to feel as such.  Regardless of possible negative opinions, I do think the site does shed an interesting light on the cultural shift of what is now considered shapely, thick, curvy etc.  One article that most of you on CURVAGE will be interested in involves Mal Malloy.

http://www.assmatrixreloaded.com/?p=1394

I think this is the link but feel free to go to the site and read the article if this link doesn't work.

• Moderators

It's funny that as our society has gotten progressively larger the concept of what is curvy has changed drastically. I see that represented in the pictures and/or comments here on CURVAGE.  There are more random pictures of large shapeless women that appear here, and when a truly shapely smaller women appears that is somewhat of small stature there is often quite a number of negative comments from other members.  It is also worth noting that the idea of curvy and the widely used non-white coloquism 'thick' is more of a cultural phenomena than actual preference.  In other words curvy and/or thick often draws along racial lines.  There is a site called assmatrix.com that has some entertaining reading and addresses the subject of curvy and thick in a humorous way.  I use the word humorous loosely however, because there are bound to be a number of women who go to this site and will be offended, and it is their right to feel as such.  Regardless of possible negative opinions, I do think the site does shed an interesting light on the cultural shift of what is now considered shapely, thick, curvy etc.  One article that most of you on CURVAGE will be interested in involves Mal Malloy.

http://www.assmatrixreloaded.com/?p=1394

I think this is the link but feel free to go to the site and read the article if this link doesn't work.

Sorry, I couldn't get past the article's racist rants in bold text...

Remember, back in the day this site used to be known as 'Fat Celebs'. When it was clear that the focus should be on user content rather than just pics of celebrities, the name was changed to Curvage as a euphemism indicating an expansion from a focus on just fat women to also encompass 'thick' women as well. Serindipitous and Atlyaesque both.

There are plenty of threads dedicated to 'thick' women, and they get plenty of positive responses. If the existence of threads showcasing SSBBWs bothers you, keep it to yourself or go away. This is a place for acceptance, and for celebrating beauty among women that society would otherwise shun, regardless of whether they are just thick or 400+.

So he isn't Vennie? I've no idea why,  but I had that association..

No, Vennie himself claims to be from the Prehistoric ages of Curvage... You could liken him to a Stegosaurus, maybe a Tricerotops if you really wanted to. He's just been around that long. I'm surprised they haven't put him in a museum yet.

No, Vennie himself claims to be from the Prehistoric ages of Curvage... You could liken him to a Stegosaurus, maybe a Tricerotops if you really wanted to. He's just been around that long. I'm surprised they haven't put him in a museum yet.

Excuse me?

I'm a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Remember that before I bite your head off as if I'm eating chicken nuggets! ;)