Best Weight Gain Powder Brand?

Lake Terror

Honestly, I’m not much of an expert on protein powder (I think that’s what you are looking for). But in my opinion you are way better off looking up any weight gain shake recipe online. I’ve done a little reading in this community and came to the conclusion that those powders are (1. Way too expensive, (2. Not made to gain fat, but powder. Do they help gain fat? Probably, but not efficiently. 
I think the most fattening combination you can have is heavy cream and a few good spoonfuls of peanut butter. Just add what ever flavoring you’d like and your feedee is set to gain fast. 

Oh and then a favorite I just discovered. Take a blender, fill half of it wit heavy cream, fill the other with some ice cream (I like to use triple chocolate or any with a strong taste to counter the heavy cream if your feedee doesn’t like the taste). Cheap, delicious but only if health isn’t a problem.  

1 hour ago, LetsLoveBellies said:

Oh and then a favorite I just discovered. Take a blender, fill half of it wit heavy cream, fill the other with some ice cream (I like to use triple chocolate or any with a strong taste to counter the heavy cream if your feedee doesn’t like the taste). Cheap, delicious but only if health isn’t a problem.  

Thank you for the advice! We are trying to add in these powders as a way of increasing gain potential while working.

May just have to do these shakes you suggest. I really appreciate the help

I think the community as a whole is a bit confused by the existence of weight gain powders.

There are two types of weight gain. Muscle gain, and fat gain. All of the rest of the bits that make up the body are largely the same weight from person to person of a given height.

Muscle gain requires eating a large amount of protein. Fat gain requires eating a large amount of carbs and fats.

Weight gain powders primarily contain protein, as they are marketed towards body builders, who somewhat confusingly to feeders/feedees refer to their muscle gain simply as weight gain.

That being said, if your feedee is planning on gaining a very large amount of fat, it wouldn't hurt to also plan on gaining some muscle mass as well to maintain mobility and general health. Unfortunately, just adding protein to the diet won't result in added muscle gain like adding carbs and fats will result in added fat gain. You also have to work out in addition to eating more protein to build muscle. And adding protein really won't result in fat gain at all.

You can get fat from eating large amounts of some powders like Serious Mass gainer, but that is because it is a blend of protein and carbs and the carbs will go towards fat gain. But if it is fat you are after, there are cheaper and easier ways of getting those carbs like the ice cream + heavy cream shake suggested above.

6 hours ago, bluetech said:

I think the community as a whole is a bit confused by the existence of weight gain powders.

There are two types of weight gain. Muscle gain, and fat gain. All of the rest of the bits that make up the body are largely the same weight from person to person of a given height.

Muscle gain requires eating a large amount of protein. Fat gain requires eating a large amount of carbs and fats.

Weight gain powders primarily contain protein, as they are marketed towards body builders, who somewhat confusingly to feeders/feedees refer to their muscle gain simply as weight gain.

That being said, if your feedee is planning on gaining a very large amount of fat, it wouldn't hurt to also plan on gaining some muscle mass as well to maintain mobility and general health. Unfortunately, just adding protein to the diet won't result in added muscle gain like adding carbs and fats will result in added fat gain. You also have to work out in addition to eating more protein to build muscle. And adding protein really won't result in fat gain at all.

You can get fat from eating large amounts of some powders like Serious Mass gainer, but that is because it is a blend of protein and carbs and the carbs will go towards fat gain. But if it is fat you are after, there are cheaper and easier ways of getting those carbs like the ice cream + heavy cream shake suggested above.

We went with Serious Mass gainer but yes going to combine this with certain shakes.

I'll definitely discuss these options and thank you. Just trying to maximise potential when not being lazy.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, bluetech said:

If you ate a protein powder that had 120 calories per scoop for somewhere between 20-25g of protein, it's still extra calories.

Calories become fat if they're not used up. Your body can make protein into fat. This post sounds a lot like people who get surprised that they're working out and still getting fatter even though they've been drinking protein shakes with their workouts.

You will gain fat if you drink protein shakes when your body didn't need it. Fat gain does not require large amounts of carbs and fats, it's just that carbs and fats require less chemical modification (energy expenditure) to become fatty acids. 

Sure, I oversimplified a little bit. Yes, protein technically contains calories, and the body is capable of transforming protein into the energy metabolic pathways via catabolism and deamination. But that is still less efficient than metabolism of carbs and fats. The point still stands that protein powders are intended for body builders who need the extra protein for gaining muscle mass (whether most people who buy such powders use them correctly is besides the point), and if your goal is gaining fat there are much more efficient ways than protein powder, both nutritionally and financially. I still think that a lot of feeders get confused when they see protein powders marketed for 'weight gain', and assume that the protein makes them more effective for fat gain than a plain milkshake.