Suggestions for Curvage 2.0

Guest Gainertrainer

Guest Gainertrainer

It's great that Curvage is back and i thought i'd make this thread for any suggestions on how to make it even better than before.

I'd like to see it made so that people have to reply at least once per 10 views of threads or post at least 10 replies per month for their account to stay active. How many times on the old site were there threads with 10,000 views and 30 replies? It's much more interesting for everyone if we all take part.

Guest Model 1887

It's great that Curvage is back and i thought i'd make this thread for any suggestions on how to make it even better than before.

I'd like to see it made so that people have to reply at least once per 10 views of threads or post at least 10 replies per month for their account to stay active. How many times on the old site were there threads with 10,000 views and 30 replies? It's much more interesting for everyone if we all take part.

Forcing participation would be ridiculous, and would almost certainly be abused. You'd see replies like:

C.

... and...

Yup.

... over and over again.

Guest Atlya

As for the forum structure, I personally never was really content with the old one, what about something like:

Group 1: Website life

Forum 1.1: Introductions are in order

Introduce yourself

Forum 1.2: Helpdesk

Any issues with the site, questions? Post it here...

Forum 1.3: Feedback

Any idea to improve the site, remarks? Post it here...

Forum 1.4: From the management

Read before posting: Annoucements, rules,...

Group 2: Curvage - Women

The core content of the site: the abundant female form in all its glory.

Forum 2.1: Requests

To request specific kind of content

Forum 2.2: Celebrities

To post any content related to chubby/fat/gaining celebrities, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.3: Plus-size models

To post any content related to plus-size models, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.4: Gaining girls

To post any content related to girls who are gaining weight or have gained weight, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.5: Candids

To post any content related to candid (unaware subjects) photography or video.

Forum 2.6: Artwork

To post any content related to Curvage but in artwork form: drawings, comic book, stories,...

Forum 2.7: General content (pictures)

If you haven't found where else to post content, do it here (pictures only).

Forum 2.8: General content (pictures)

If you haven't found where else to post content, do it here (videos only).

Group 3: Your curvage

Forum 3.1: Your pictures (women)

Pictures where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.2: Your Videos (women)

Videos where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.3: Your content (men)

Pictures and videos where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.4: Your artwork

Drawings, comic books, stories,... art you have created yourself.

Group 4: Chit-Chat

To get a conversation going...

Forum 4.1: Lifestyle

About the lifestyle of fat or gaining people and those who like them

Forum 4.2: Serious Stuff

Politics, economy, society and all subjects that may be too loaded or touchy, start them here.

Forum 4.3: Anything goes

Anything else... goes here.

Group 5: Adverts

Forum 5.1: Paysite Section

You have a paysite? Post here to advert it

Forum 5.2: Personals and dating

Use this forum to hook up between each other.

Forum 5.3: Gatherings

Want to organize a gathering between members? Post it here.

Order of those could be tweaked but what would you say, add or remove?

As for the forum structure, I personally never was really content with the old one, what about something like:

<snip>

I'd say there are a few too many pictures forums, I'd shove candids, gaining and models in the general forum. I'd only have one off topic discussion forum too, as there was never really enough content lately to justify the two.

Could do with a links forum too.

Guest Atlya

<snip>

I'd say there are a few too many pictures forums, I'd shove candids, gaining and models in the general forum. I'd only have one off topic discussion forum too, as there was never really enough content lately to justify the two.

I put candids because some really had an aversion for this type of photography.

Gaining could be nice to specifically gathers most gains instead of having pictures scattered all the place.

Models, do you mean plus size models? They're quite different than "regular" celebrities, I'd bet a lot of members would like to have a separate forum like on the previous version.

And yes, Links, forgot this one but I wonder where we could put it. At the bottom of forum 2 maybe?

<snip>

I put candids because some really had an aversion for this type of photography.

Gaining could be nice to specifically gathers most gains instead of having pictures scattered all the place.

Models, do you mean plus size models? They're quite different than "regular" celebrities, I'd bet a lot of members would like to have a separate forum like on the previous version.

And yes, Links, forgot this one but I wonder where we could put it. At the bottom of forum 2 maybe?

I'd imagine there would be a lot of overlap between gains and general pictures though, could be hard to define which one applies. I'd just put plus size models in the general forum, but I guess their own forum could work.

Links is a bit hard to define, probably wants to be near lifestyle? Or we could call it your links and put it in the your section?

Off Topic: What's with the avatars?  :P

Are they staying like that?

Yeah, bigger avatars plox. :P

Seriously? Well... then it's better without avatar I guess.  :'(

Guest Smithsonius

Group 1: Website life

Forum 1.1: Introductions are in order

Introduce yourself

Forum 1.2: Helpdesk

Any issues with the site, questions? Post it here...

Forum 1.3: Feedback

Any idea to improve the site, remarks? Post it here...

Forum 1.4: From the management

Read before posting: Annoucements, rules,...

Group 2: Curvage - Women

The core content of the site: the abundant female form in all its glory.

Forum 2.1: Requests

To request specific kind of content

Forum 2.2: Celebrities

To post any content related to chubby/fat/gaining celebrities, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.3: Plus-size models

To post any content related to plus-size models, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.4: Gaining girls

To post any content related to girls who are gaining weight or have gained weight, pictures and videos alike...

Forum 2.5: Candids

To post any content related to candid (unaware subjects) photography or video.

Forum 2.6: Artwork

To post any content related to Curvage but in artwork form: drawings, comic book, stories,...

Forum 2.7: General content (pictures)

If you haven't found where else to post content, do it here (pictures only).

Forum 2.8: General content (pictures)

If you haven't found where else to post content, do it here (videos only).

Group 3: Your curvage

Forum 3.1: Your pictures (women)

Pictures where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.2: Your Videos (women)

Videos where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.3: Your content (men)

Pictures and videos where you are the main subject.

Forum 3.4: Your artwork

Drawings, comic books, stories,... art you have created yourself.

Group 4: Chit-Chat

To get a conversation going...

Forum 4.1: Lifestyle

About the lifestyle of fat or gaining people and those who like them

Forum 4.2: Serious Stuff

Politics, economy, society and all subjects that may be too loaded or touchy, start them here.

Forum 4.3: Anything goes

Anything else... goes here.

Group 5: Adverts

Forum 5.1: Paysite Section

You have a paysite? Post here to advert it

Forum 5.2: Personals and dating

Use this forum to hook up between each other.

Forum 5.3: Gatherings

Want to organize a gathering between members? Post it here.

I personally quite like the look of this layout Atlya, I would say however that there are a few things I would change.

1. Rather than have Website Life, call it Site Governance or something similar and remove the introductions bit to Chit-Chat and Call that Community Life/Website Life etc. Site governance and community are separate things. People can then go to Community Life and intro themselves, talk about lifestyles or go to anything goes or serious discussion (anything goes/chit-chat should definitely be separate to Serious Discussion regardless of the amount of content, there's a definite difference between political debate and "where's the best place to buy a toothbrush" for example).

2. Maybe plus-size models should be a sub-forum of celebs again. That seemed to work fine before.

3. Have one General Pictures section, within which there are sub-forums for at least Candids and maybe Gaining Girls as well. The Gaining Girls section would be for gains of people found on places like facebook etc. whereas members would be in Your Pictures still. Candids is self-explanatory and pictures not in those sub-sections would be in the main General Pictures section.

4. I don't know about everyone else but in General Videos, maybe have a sub forum for youtube profiles, basically if we find a profile with a bunch of vids, like sweetsexychubby, promqueennomore etc. We put the thread in there with a link to a file dump with all the vids. Might be worth a trial at least in the future. It seems like it would be a good way of archiving all those youtuber's that come and go and might save on some of the reposts.

5. One Artwork Section only, with sub-sections for Stories, Comics and Drawings/Morphs. I don't think we need a second one in Your Curvage since a lot of the previous work came from here anyway.

6. Rather than an Adverts section, just put Paysite Content back in Curvage - Women and Dating and Gatherings into the Community section.

I just think it might look a bit less cluttered and more ordered with those kinds of changes.

Guest Marmalade Man

I would like my own personal Abyss, and I would like this to be the first post that goes there.

Guest afterhours

If memory recalls, at one point in time there was a chat feature which had an abundance of potential. Bring that back and maybe having a few ads around the site to disperse and financial burden from the hosto f the site.

Also, Atlya and Smithsonius makes a great point about having clearer subdivisions on the site in order to maintain greater organization on the site. That would make navigation easier to the content to which we each individually want to see.

Lastly, what if eventually the site grew to have more features then just a forum. Something along the lines of LTC, or dare I say Fantasy Feeder. With all the usage of this site having more than a forum would be a good idea. If it's not possible now keep it in the back of the mind for later.

Despite that someone suggested that the candid pictures section should return, I disagree. I always considered that part of the forum to be beyond creepy.

Other than that, I have a few suggestions. Could there be a rule stating that whoever uploads Facebook pictures (from non-members) onto here, must remove the picture ID and save the file under a different name? There's been too many times that a girl has made her profile private because the guys from the old forum sent in friend requests and messages without realizing that the girl may not be into gaining and the like. Also, I agree with the bigger avatar size. :)

Guest Smithsonius

Despite that someone suggested that the candid pictures section should return, I disagree. I always considered that part of the forum to be beyond creepy.

Other than that, I have a few suggestions. Could there be a rule stating that whoever uploads Facebook pictures (from non-members) onto here, must remove the picture ID and save the file under a different name? There's been too many times that a girl has made her profile private because the guys from the old forum sent in friend requests and messages without realizing that the girl may not be into gaining and the like. Also, I agree with the bigger avatar size. :)

Personally I wasn't a fan of the candids section either, but I am aware others are which is why I don't think it should necessarily go but definitely still be sub-sectioned imo. I agree with anonymising pictures from Facebook though, I wasn't particularly one for those types of pics either, it still straddles the boundary that candids cross in my mind, but anonymising the pics is a common sense idea.

I don't see how candids is any creepier than posting some girl's pictures from Facebook. Either way, they weren't intended for us to see.

And if it's possible, maybe split the pictures of BBWs and the pictures of curvy girls that aren't as big. It seems like people were often complaining about this place being "Curvage" and not about being Fat. The only problem would be about the girls who gained, or maybe have a separate area for gains. But that might be getting too complicated.

I don't see how candids is any creepier than posting some girl's pictures from Facebook. Either way, they weren't intended for us to see.

I was thinking of that, too, as I was writing about that suggestion. The only difference I see is that the FB pictures are already posted online, but girls in candid pictures were photographed without their knowledge. Maybe there is no difference.  :-\

Guest Smithsonius

That's why I'm not a massive fan of the Facebook stuff either, because most weren't meant for our audience however they were intentionally taken and posted online. I'm not going to stop other people if they want to.

And if it's possible, maybe split the pictures of BBWs and the pictures of curvy girls that aren't as big. It seems like people were often complaining about this place being "Curvage" and not about being Fat. The only problem would be about the girls who gained, or maybe have a separate area for gains. But that might be getting too complicated.

I think that making a curvage and bbw sub-sections is going a little far, if we had 1 general pictures section with candids and gaining girls sub-sections that would work. People will always complain about size being too small or too big, it wasn't just General Pictures but celebs and the like too.

Dude, how come I had to reregister and where did all the threads go? Did I miss something?

Why do I have to click on each image to see it? This was something that changed a few years ago to the much better (and faster) load up of the whole thread. Can we get that back?

How about an archive of some of the ongoing threads? We had some great sticky ones going.

And don't forget the nudity warning thread in the title. Perhaps the nudity stuff should have it's own forum?