Fitness trainer's weight gain – 40 pounds in 12 weeks

tinygi

• Moderators

In her latest video, she talks about the people who are asking to extend her weight gain journey, or telling her to keep on the weight:

She makes a very good point: the whole point of this experiment was to lose the weight, she had to gain some in order to start it. It doesn't matter that she only gained 30 pounds in 3 months (which is still quite a bit for someone outside of this community, by the by). She put her health at risk (cholesterol, blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc) so that she can be more than an already fit trainer telling someone how easy it is to lose weight. She understands she is not starting from the same place as an obese person who never works out and has bad eating habits. It's not all or nothing here, she's just trying to reach out to those who need the motivation to start exercising and eating right by watching somebody else do it. I am honestly going to pay more attention to her weight loss because she will most likely have some great advice that I can use in my own workout routine and diet.

This is literally a site dedicated to posting pictures of hot women. Is that not objectification? I would argue that it doesn't become a problem until people start spamming the women in question; it's no more harmful than jacking off to a magazine that you can tab out of.

People shouldn't harass her, but it's not like anonymous strangers getting turned on by her weight gain is harming her in any way.

I agree, but people are harassing her. Worse yet, people from Curvage are harassing her.

Here's a comment from a prevalent Curvage user in the YouTube comments:

This is the epitome of narcissism. You've gained a negligible amount of weight just so you can turn around and show the world how easy it is to lose weight? What a bunch of bullshit, from an egotistical, ugly, gym rat.

I will agree with Serendipity that there is a fine line between being able to have criticism while embracing other standards of beauty, but that is just flat out bullying. It's no better than calling her a fat pig for putting on the weight, and shaming her into bad body image because she currently isn't Hollywood thin. While some people will just be nasty in life, no matter what they find attractive (see above), I fear others think that being in the fringes of human sexuality gives them some right to cross the line of acceptable behavior when it comes to defending their sexuality.

There's so much white knighting in the online media, I need shades to view wikipedia.

But seriously, not bad.  Gotta appreciate the act of the gain however small it occurs, most of the time regardless of circumstances; much like in everyday life, no? 

Guest MUSEic

You mistake the actions of one who pokes the hornets' nest for the cautious interventions of an inquisitive entomologist. One has a natural interest in bugs. The other just likes to watch insects react in needless fury.

Pedant

Guest William Tweed

Damn you guys are still discussing this? Jeez christ who cares. I get on here to have a wank and then I get off. If I don't like something I close it. Calm down.

Guest omphpumph

Damn, her body looks REALLY nice in that last video.  Some people just don't know what sexy is.  Maybe she'll have a change of heart and decide to keep it.

Ha she already lost 8 lbs in the first week. The weight is just gonna fall right off because she was never out of shape in the first place and no one who's actually trying to lose weight will get results like that.

Ha she already lost 8 lbs in the first week. The weight is just gonna fall right off because she was never out of shape in the first place and no one who's actually trying to lose weight will get results like that.

Actually, a lot of people just starting out lose a ton of weight immediately. It's mostly water weight.

Actually, a lot of people just starting out lose a ton of weight immediately. It's mostly water weight.

I'm sure some of it is, but I'm saying she never slowed down her metabolism, she just ate a shit ton and cut back a little on exercise. Now that she's back to eating less and doing cardio again, she'll lose the weight in no time. Not very helpful to viewers starting from scratch and trying to lose weight.

I'm sure some of it is, but I'm saying she never slowed down her metabolism, she just ate a shit ton and cut back a little on exercise. Now that she's back to eating less and doing cardio again, she'll lose the weight in no time. Not very helpful to viewers starting from scratch and trying to lose weight.

Tell me: how does one slow down one's metabolism? Did you want her to lose muscle? Even if she stopped exercising, she would not lose very much muscle, especially given she is on a large calorie surplus.

In any case, it is very easy to lose weight: eat fewer calories than you use.

Guest Atlya

Tell me: how does one slow down one's metabolism? Did you want her to lose muscle? Even if she stopped exercising, she would not lose very much muscle, especially given she is on a large calorie surplus.

Yeah it's easy, that's why there are so few fat people.

Yeah it's easy, that's why there are so few fat people.

I meant there is nothing complicated in losing weight. Obviously some people have trouble putting the simple truth into practice. If people really wanted to lose weight, they could. They do not because they prefer to be fat and eat what they want. They do not have willpower or the patience. If they even make an attempt to lose weight they usually crash diet (because they are impatient) and end up giving up, or lose weight and then go back to their old habits.

I meant there is nothing complicated in losing weight. Obviously some people have trouble putting the simple truth into practice. If people really wanted to lose weight, they could. They do not because they prefer to be fat and eat what they want. They do not have willpower or the patience. If they even make an attempt to lose weight they usually crash diet (because they are impatient) and end up giving up, or lose weight and then go back to their old habits.

I don't think it's because they prefer to be fat, but rather that they fail to make the necessary changes to their lifestyle.

That's exactly the problem. She can't just flip a switch to slow her metabolism so losing weight for her is going to be a breeze. I'm saying I never quite got the whole point of this experiment. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she did it, but I just don't get why. What did she learn from this? She's going to be back to normal in a month.

I don't think it's because they prefer to be fat, but rather that they fail to make the necessary changes to their lifestyle.

Why don't they make the necessary changes?

I was being loose when I said they prefer to be fat. I meant that the benefit to them of not losing weight is less than the cost (the cost is making the necessary changes to their lifestyle).

It might be true that some truly prefer to be fat: if given the choice between being fat and thin (all other things equal), a small percentage might choose to be fat.

That's exactly the problem. She can't just flip a switch to slow her metabolism so losing weight for her is going to be a breeze. I'm saying I never quite got the whole point of this experiment. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she did it, but I just don't get why. What did she learn from this? She's going to be back to normal in a month.

It's a promotion for her personal training business.

Hey look I lost 30lbs and x% body fat in 1 month. Let me train you so you can do the same. And by filming the weight gain bit in such detail it makes the story seem more authentic even though it's not.

She has the advantages of:

1. Metabolism

2. The underlying muscles that are trained in working hard (and she only stopped training for a couple of weeks so they wouldn't have decreased at all really)

3. The self belief that she'll get the weight off

For the every day person they have to probably train for at least a month just to get the muscles and joints to a stage where they are strong enough to train at anywhere near the intensity will train at. At the same time they'll lose weight if they diet efficiently but not too much as they'll have to get used to the new intake and not slow their metabolism by fasting. Plus at some stage during that month they'll likely lose motivation by not seeing progress. They also have a much higher chance of injury.

She's not trying to be manipulative or deceitful. She's pretty open about the whole thing. But it's just nowhere near as fascinating a story as people might think.

The cool thing was seeing how much hotter she looked with the weight going on.

Why don't they make the necessary changes?

I was being loose when I said they prefer to be fat. I meant that the benefit to them of not losing weight is less than the cost (the cost is making the necessary changes to their lifestyle).

It might be true that some truly prefer to be fat: if given the choice between being fat and thin (all other things equal), a small percentage might choose to be fat.

looks like we've got ourselves an econ major.