Do Pretty Woman Feel Less Pressure to be or Stay Thin?

FitGuy123

Guest Greedy pigs grow bellies

Quite the opposite, I think. I had a friend with benefits who was cute but average, and I remember her telling me (I quote roughly) "I don't envy hot girls. Everybody is waiting for them to put on weight or show the littlest imperfection to gang on them". I thought that was hot so I agreed with her so she would keep on talking. She admitted she's one of the people who love perfect girls become imperfect. That's just an example "straight out of the horse's mouth", but you only need to look at the tradition of gossip magazines showing celebrities at their worst to know there's a big schadenfreude element.

Guest Klaro26

I think the fact that I have a pretty face sometimes distracts attention from my belly. I've had some partners in the past who said that my belly is a bit bigger than their typical ideal body in a woman but that I'm pretty overall so it doesn't bother them.

Guest Martin7
30 minutes ago, Klaro26 said:

I think the fact that I have a pretty face sometimes distracts attention from my belly. I've had some partners in the past who said that my belly is a bit bigger than their typical ideal body in a woman but that I'm pretty overall so it doesn't bother them.

Here it will be the opposite, your belly will rather be appreciated and distracting 😉

Guest Klaro26
3 minutes ago, Martin7 said:

Here it will be the opposite, your belly will rather be appreciated and distracting 😉

Yes, I can see that! My belly loves it!

I think the answer is both yes and no. I think that women who feel pretty may be more comfortable gaining weight. Women who value being pretty are more likely to hate the idea of gaining weight.

I think the more straightforward question to answer is "Do confident women feel less pressure to stay thin?" And to that, I would answer yes. 

we always try to make them feel sexy for sure... as for pressure, not so much about being pretty but, probably , certain body types have an advantage disguising the gains and in a way that makes it easier to escape judgement. pears i would say and of course taller ladies win at that game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model
On 6/13/2023 at 12:12 PM, ES-Draws said:

I think the answer is both yes and no. I think that women who feel pretty may be more comfortable gaining weight. Women who value being pretty are more likely to hate the idea of gaining weight.

I think the more straightforward question to answer is "Do confident women feel less pressure to stay thin?" And to that, I would answer yes. 

I would absolutely agree with you! I was told for years that I couldn't gain weight if I wanted to stay pretty and that if my face got round it would be less attractive. This all led to me really struggling with my weight and going to extremes to stay thin. Now that I'm a big girl I feel so much better and confident because I know I am still pretty even though (and partially because!) I got heavy. 

Confidence and not caring what others think is exactly how to be happy with your body and avoid the pressures of fat-shamers. 

• 7 months later...
Guest IAmGivingGoodAdvice

I'll give this nugget ive heard in the past that I whole heartedly agree with

Nobody hates women more than other women.

Women will tear each other down for the slightest flaw.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be less worried about men and more worried about other women

I think there is a connection to beauty and weight, but also a connection to beauty, care and money, my friends and I were poor girls, we didn't have clothes, make-up or the ability to go to the hairdresser, I remember that we were always very stressed about our weight, because a thin body was all we could offer, compared to Other girls who were also chubby but just with the right clothes and the right hairstyle

Guest They keep getting fatter
On 2/28/2024 at 5:35 PM, Drum2 said:

I never thought about it really. I dntknow  if itimpacts her.I know  when someone saysyou wold be so much prettier ifyou lost weight she gets very  annyed.

My girlfriend was told by her best friend in front of me "A girl like you `[i.e. hot] can't walk around wiht that 'tumor"' [meaning her belly]"

On 3/4/2024 at 3:37 AM, They keep getting fatter said:

My girlfriend was told by her best friend in front of me "A girl like you `[i.e. hot] can't walk around wiht that 'tumor"' [meaning her belly]"

yeah that doesnt  help.  how did she take it?

6 hours ago, Drum2 said:

yeah that doesnt  help.  how did she take it?

We were drinking and they were both a bit tipsy. She just acted offended and laughed it off.

On 2/28/2024 at 9:27 PM, loladeluna said:

I think there is a connection to beauty and weight, but also a connection to beauty, care and money, my friends and I were poor girls, we didn't have clothes, make-up or the ability to go to the hairdresser, I remember that we were always very stressed about our weight, because a thin body was all we could offer, compared to Other girls who were also chubby but just with the right clothes and the right hairstyle

Actually money also has an influence on weight. Obesity rates are substantially higher in low-income women.

3 hours ago, They keep getting fatter said:

למעשה לכסף יש השפעה גם על המשקל. שיעורי ההשמנה גבוהים משמעותית אצל נשים בעלות הכנסה נמוכה.

So true when I was a girl we were really poor and there was almost nothing but potatoes rice and bread, I would fast to not gain weight, I really didn't want to give people another reason to laugh at me

• Curvage Model

I think that beyond the beauty of the face, we should also think about the shape of the body. I do think that there is "less" pressure if you are pretty (I put it in inverted commas because I don't want to imply that you won't suffer from fatphobia), but I also think that a struggle that body positive people still have to face is the fact that a "hegemonic" way of being fat has also been constructed. I have been with many men who say they don't like fat girls, but they accept to be with you because you have an "hourglass shape", and maybe they consider you pretty in the face. I don't mean this to sound vain, on the contrary, it's something that bothers me a lot. Because we are not including more if we create norms within fatness, but excluding 🫤

12 hours ago, martinamendes said:

I think that beyond the beauty of the face, we should also think about the shape of the body. I do think that there is "less" pressure if you are pretty (I put it in inverted commas because I don't want to imply that you won't suffer from fatphobia), but I also think that a struggle that body positive people still have to face is the fact that a "hegemonic" way of being fat has also been constructed. I have been with many men who say they don't like fat girls, but they accept to be with you because you have an "hourglass shape", and maybe they consider you pretty in the face. I don't mean this to sound vain, on the contrary, it's something that bothers me a lot. Because we are not including more if we create norms within fatness, but excluding 🫤

Oh yeah, probably Ashley Graham is more attractive than a relatively thin women with a double chin, belly and proportionally small breasts.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:21 PM, FitGuy123 said:

Oh yeah, probably Ashley Graham is more attractive than a relatively thin women with a double chin, belly and proportionally small breasts.

Absolutely! I guess you can do something about the belly and breasts with the right clothes and a push-up bra, but there's nothing you can do about a double chin.