Is it just me or does the average model in this community seem to be getting larger?

PreyToGod

On 5/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, PreyToGod said:

I realise this is a gold rush for the many people into BBW and beyond but as a guy mainly into smaller women with bellies it’s a bit of a shame.

It seems that 95% of models here today are BBW or SSBBW or if they’re not than they’re pregnant or shooting to be as big as possible.

Not just here but on other sites as well 

I seem to remember things being real different 5+ years back when I joined, it seemed that there were a lot of models on the thinner / regular side who just wanted to stuff and bloat their bellies and gain a bit without wanting to gain to BBW status.

Or am I misremembering? 

What do you think caused this shift? 

Okay not to sound insulting but this is an awful observation, if anything I'd say the modeling scene has never been this open to women of all shapes and sizes so I have no idea where you're coming from. It used to be that ssbbws dominated the scene to such a degree that a model below 250 lbs didn't stand a chance at making any money let alone be popular enough to warrant becoming a model in the first place, but that's not the case anymore due to a combination of tastes changing and "certain models" withdrawing themselves from the forums because they drank too much third wave feminist kool-aid and started believing their own fans were "toxic", some models would even label Curvage as "Ainty-SSBBW" even though that has always been a crock of shit but like I've said times have changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

I’ve been watching this thread for a few weeks and thinking a lot about it. 

It’s funny how different the experiences are here for members and models. Depending on when you log in, how often I think you’d be able to see a wide range of bodies. I can only speak from my experience but I do wanna weigh in on this. 

Initially when I was introduced to curvage it was billed as a BBW modelling site to me. Now that could be my own interpretation of it, based on what I saw. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention to the smaller bodied models at the time. 

But since joining and especially in the last year or so I’ve seen SO MANY smaller bodied models here. As stated in the comment above I didn’t see a lot of SSBBW doing especially well here, Maybe a select few. That confused me! 

But what I’m seeing more and more of is smaller bodied models coming in, and initially it baffled me. I couldn’t figure out why a community for big body love was losing their collective minds over small models. It was confusing and led to a lot of questioning wether maybe there was some misunderstanding or misrepresentation. 

My experience here has been that I’ll never be big enough, a lot of members wanting me to push past my personal goals. While simultaneously seeing members praise smaller bodied models for just existing. And it led me to a weird place in my mind that even in a space for bigger bodies we will always get dropped for the next conventionally attractive babe. 

Now I know that’s not 100% true, I’ve learned that there’s a wide range of members into heaps of different bodies, and there’s a big selection of babes for every taste. I know my niche and I found my following. 

I think what’s important is when stating your preference, not to drag people who don’t fit into that preference. Being a model is not easy, and I’ve found I can’t make everyone happy. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. But allowing space for all aspects of this particular kink/fetish spectrum is what makes it all work. 

Moral of the story is- don’t yuck someone else’s yum. We’re all real people with real feelings navigating a highly fat phobic society. 

27 minutes ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

I’ve been watching this thread for a few weeks and thinking a lot about it. 

It’s funny how different the experiences are here for members and models. Depending on when you log in, how often I think you’d be able to see a wide range of bodies. I can only speak from my experience but I do wanna weigh in on this. 

Initially when I was introduced to curvage it was billed as a BBW modelling site to me. Now that could be my own interpretation of it, based on what I saw. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention to the smaller bodied models at the time. 

But since joining and especially in the last year or so I’ve seen SO MANY smaller bodied models here. As stated in the comment above I didn’t see a lot of SSBBW doing especially well here, Maybe a select few. That confused me! 

But what I’m seeing more and more of is smaller bodied models coming in, and initially it baffled me. I couldn’t figure out why a community for big body love was losing their collective minds over small models. It was confusing and led to a lot of questioning wether maybe there was some misunderstanding or misrepresentation. 

My experience here has been that I’ll never be big enough, a lot of members wanting me to push past my personal goals. While simultaneously seeing members praise smaller bodied models for just existing. And it led me to a weird place in my mind that even in a space for bigger bodies we will always get dropped for the next conventionally attractive babe. 

Now I know that’s not 100% true, I’ve learned that there’s a wide range of members into heaps of different bodies, and there’s a big selection of babes for every taste. I know my niche and I found my following. 

I think what’s important is when stating your preference, not to drag people who don’t fit into that preference. Being a model is not easy, and I’ve found I can’t make everyone happy. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea. But allowing space for all aspects of this particular kink/fetish spectrum is what makes it all work. 

Moral of the story is- don’t yuck someone else’s yum. We’re all real people with real feelings navigating a highly fat phobic society. 

You’re an absolute Fucking yum for me 😍🥵🥺

• 1 month later...
  • Curvage Model

Just jumping into this discussion as a new member so, apologise for not knowing the full history but, happy to share my experience so far.

I'm for sure a BBW and weight wise I don't fully fit a ssbbw BUT, my shape does. I heard of this site when looking for sites that had people who celebrated bigger bodies. I've done content online for a few years but found it hard to get very far even with a lot of work as I was always "too big" or "didn't have the right shape".

I've had a lot of hope that here my body might be appreciated more and I for sure have found some amazing people who do enjoy it! I will say tho, it is interesting to see my growth compared to others and the difference in size. For sure smaller girls I have seen were growing much faster and mostly thats for gaining and the excitement I guess for the growth.

For me, I have no plans to grow and don't really want to do any or much feedee content for MH reasons. I for sure feel at a disadvantage but, thats where you think around it tbh. I think expectations are high and many here want to see girls get bigger and bigger and become "immobile". I fully support anyone who wants to be apart of that and the models that cater to that but, that ideal is pushed onto everyone in general.

i at first didn't know the site was mostly Feedee content. I thought it was just a bigger body appreciation site. I fully think ANYONE should be allowed to be here as long as they obviously aren't super tiny as it kind of defeats the object.

It's the usual issue of You're too thin, You're too fat, You have too many rolls, You don't have enough rolls, You're body isn't the right shape, You're not ah hourglass, You're too curvy. I don't think theres any winning and at the end of the day, everyone has their preferences and that's totally okay.

So, back onto the topic of WHY there are so many bigger women? I would take an educated guess from my personal experience that it's because we are welcome almost NO where else. Being a BBW in real life is not so enjoyable as it seems here. You get bullied in school and into adulthood, rejected by people, ridiculed by people, used for sex as pranks and "bets", I know at all my various weights I've had abuse just walking down the road. It is refreshing to see a community where we are embraced. I can't lie, some of the verbiage used here is triggering but, what can you do? I guess it comes with the territory.

I think truly any curvy, bbw and ssbbw people should be welcomed here but, I do get the tensions that can rise. Women are often pitted against each other in life and, the true can be said online. It's hard not to compare yourself and, seeing people who are more conventionally attractive do better can be defeating. I just hope that everyone and anyone feels welcome here and that we can just all support eachother and that every member finds someone they like and content they enjoy!  

Guest WideningWife

I have actually been surprised to notice SSBBW’s, and more specifically double chins/fat faces may not be as popular here as I thought they may be. Not showing my fat face though I guess that doesn’t impact me much… So many have been so nice to me though so far. Mostly women though 😂 … All men are different, and have different taste of course. Lol I know my husbands top models on here so I certainly know what he’s into. Plenty out there love the absolutely huge women. Think they may just be the more shy types even on here. 

Guest WideningWife
On 5/16/2023 at 3:25 AM, PreyToGod said:

I think this site might be the hole considering how many peoples egos seem too fragile to even hold a discussion. 

If this were a bodybuilding site and someone posted questioning why there don’t seem to be as many smaller physiques these days like the classic era I wouldn’t expect them to get attacked from all angles for insulting bigger bodybuilders and I certainly wouldn’t jump down their throat for starting that discussion.  I would expect a proper discussion on easier access to anabolic steroids and judges preferences etc. 

Violet says my preferences aren’t important yet they seem to have riled up half the community heaven forbid someone on a feedism / gaining site prefers chubby women over BBW 

So what of all the folks who prefer pregnant women, thin women stuffing and bloating without gaining, roleplay and fantasy gaining without really gaining, slightly curvy women who are happy at their current size etc do they deserve to be demonised as well? 
come on guys 

This post is ancient, but I’ll reply anyways! I think the bodybuilding comparison is actually spot on as somebody that follows both feederism, and bodybuilding. Whether it be muscle, or fat whatever we love we’re often going to love more of it. Of course you’ll still have your classic physique fans, but many love seeing the “mass monsters” on stage with often even the judges choosing muscle mass over symmetry on the Mr. Olympia stage. The human body is beautiful in so many forms! What’s most popular though always seems to be fluctuating. 

Anecdotally, I agree with the question. The average model in this community does appear to be larger than before. And by 'before', I make the comparison with a decade ago or earlier. But I think there are more people, in general, within this community. 

Time was, there were models I was only discovering online who had already retired or simply left the community - all being to my eyes bewitchingly big. For reference, I refer to someone like Brooke or Destiny. While the nascent models among the membership on the forum were anything from **-bellied to chubby to plump to plainly obese: it was, as it still is, an interesting place to be. 

But in answer to the question, and possibly subverting some conventional thinking, I believe technological change has enabled larger-framed people to see themselves and, say, try out the scene. With the advent of the smartphone and higher quality software, the turnaround time for a suite of media has been reduced, while at the same time, this media has been broadcast via the interwebs much faster and further afield. And this has coincided with the rise of plus-size modelling (although much more work is needed by the mainstream labels, of course), the body positivity movement, and the tacit acceptance that there are fatter people around today. Even the occasional reference to this community by a tabloid media outlet is less controversial than it once was. Some will still laugh or be disgusted, yet it might encourage someone new to look into the scene. And these people, like anyone new, are to be encouraged. 

Apologies for if this is much too convoluted or steps on anyone's toes for something that has been said earlier. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the insightful replies 

I guess the vague identity of this site and other sites is at the crux of these issues; it’s almost a catchment basin for everything ranging from thin women stuffing to an infatuation with SSBBW to pregnancy to immobility and death feedism (which I’m still not completely comfortable with but whatever) to purely fantasy to people mistaking this for a mere body positive community (lots of people seem to forget that body positivity doesn’t only apply to unconventional body types or being as big as possible) 

This site is definitely better defined now than what it used to be but I can still see it leading to a lot of misunderstandings 

And imposing fetishes on models by expecting every model to gain endlessly to serve one’s fantasy is another issue that’s not helped by the anonymity but people like that just need to be told where to fuck

I’ve realised since posting this that theres really no shortage of smaller models here and they’re not alienated or anything although I don’t know what kinds of messages they receive 

But I still think the average model is larger than what they were years back for some of the reasons that have been mentioned. I think it’s an interesting discussion in any case..

On 10/7/2023 at 6:10 AM, PreyToGod said:

But I still think the average model is larger than what they were years back

Or could it simply be that there's now just more models joining here so the site itself is just representing society? 

10 years ago there were probably no fewer big women than there are today, but maybe it's because there's a more accessible way of becoming a model that your perception is that they're getting larger..

• 4 months later...

Some people noticed the opposite in the past:

On 4/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, John Smith said:

For a size-friendly forum, most SSBBW and USSBBW models here are so underrated. I don't understand why sageandsour/Dankii - a webmodel so famous that word on the internet keep saying that she get even massive views from the Chinese web-goers - get much less views here than all of those Kardashians/Jenners, Gomez, Becky Swift or Daisly Ridley. 🙄