Gamers

GoofyBeast

5 minutes ago, DanteSparda45 said:

I like a lot of different types of games, so its kind a hard to choose a favorite. But my favorite game of all time would have to be the Kingdom Hearts series. Love the story, the combat mechanics, and all the different Disney characters you encounter

They really are a great series of games from what I've seen. I've only played Kingdom Hearts 3 and it was awesome. I should go back and play the others. You really do get sucked into the game everything just flows so smoothly.

Just now, GoofyBeast said:

They really are a great series of games from what I've seen. I've only played Kingdom Hearts 3 and it was awesome. I should go back and play the others. You really do get sucked into the game everything just flows so smoothly.

Yeah. Granted, you have to play ALL of the games to understand the storyline, but still, great franchise all-around. Another game i like is Hades. Greek mythology is one of my special interests, and this one is a rougelike, so each time i die and return to the start, each path i take changes. Look it up and give it a try.

10 minutes ago, DanteSparda45 said:

Yeah. Granted, you have to play ALL of the games to understand the storyline, but still, great franchise all-around. Another game i like is Hades. Greek mythology is one of my special interests, and this one is a rougelike, so each time i die and return to the start, each path i take changes. Look it up and give it a try.

I will!

Guest noreaster

huge gamer over here! i am going to be snacking and playing xbox all weekend here. same plans for some of you!?

Couldn't narrow it down to a  favourite game of all time but Resident Evil , Halo and the Dark souls/Bloodborne game's are some of my favourites . Hotline Miami , God of war and Furi also come to mind.

I love game's that have a focus on epic boss fights in particular . 

2 hours ago, jumprope said:

Couldn't narrow it down to a  favourite game of all time but Resident Evil , Halo and the Dark souls/Bloodborne game's are some of my favourites . Hotline Miami , God of war and Furi also come to mind.

I love game's that have a focus on epic boss fights in particular . 

I've played God of War, one of my favorite series, but I have never played any of the others. (Yes I know who hasn't played Resident Evil right?  Lol. But I haven't)

I'm not really much of a gamer but I do love...

DWARF FORTRESS

Big fan of Slay the Spire and Zelda Games from N64 and earlier (never played one after that). In moments of extreme weakness I'll get sucked back into Football Manager as well.

Favourite game of all time is probably Majora's Mask becasue I played it as a kid but Dwarf Fortress is basically my ideal game.

5 hours ago, GoofyBeast said:

I've played God of War, one of my favorite series, but I have never played any of the others. (Yes I know who hasn't played Resident Evil right?  Lol. But I haven't)

Absolutely love God of war . I've got a long wait till Ragnarok comes out on pc though :(

The Resident Evil remakes are definitely worth a go if you ever run out of games to play and the other games I mentioned are worth a look . 

Older gamer here (nearly 50😄) and been playing since the early 80s. Currently have a PS4.

Probably don't play as much as I used to- some games seem to take forever to get going which puts me off sometimes (looking at you Red Dead 2).

Recent favourites have been Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mafia 3 and Mad Max. I like exploring type games then 😄

I've recently started the Mass Effect trilogy and it seems good so far. 

I must have about 40-50 games on disc or in my library I either haven't played or have played very briefly- must try to find some time! 

• Curvage Model

The last game I finished is Fallout 3. It was so much fun! Looking forward to playing Fallout New Vegas. I loved Skyrim. I also like a lot of Nintendo games from NES to the Switch. I love Animal Crossing. It's hard to pick a favorite game but I will always go back to Minecraft. 

• Curvage Model
On 4/11/2023 at 7:37 PM, Devi Thikk said:

The last game I finished is Fallout 3. It was so much fun! Looking forward to playing Fallout New Vegas. I loved Skyrim. I also like a lot of Nintendo games from NES to the Switch. I love Animal Crossing. It's hard to pick a favorite game but I will always go back to Minecraft. 

You had me drooling until Animal Crossing, lol 😆

(But I get it)

I don't think I've replied with my favorite of all time on this thread yet: Metal Gear Solid

metal gear solid art GIF

Edited by Miss September

49 minutes ago, Miss September said:

You had me drooling until Animal Crossing, lol 😆

(But I get it)

I don't think I've replied with my favorite of all time on this thread yet: Metal Gear Solid

metal gear solid art GIF

I'd forgotten about Metal Gear Solid🥰 On the PS1 this was one of my favourite games- absolutely brilliant! 

My partner used to enjoy gaming and she was always so much better at the MGS games- I think women have a lot more patience and she'd watch to see the pattern of the guards and sneak past whereas I'd shoot people in the face and get caught 🤣

Full of little details as well that made the games sooo much fun! 

Watching your gif - I can still imagine the noise when the guard gets the question mark above his head! 

• Curvage Model
19 minutes ago, sconesy73 said:

I'd forgotten about Metal Gear Solid🥰 On the PS1 this was one of my favourite games- absolutely brilliant! 

My partner used to enjoy gaming and she was always so much better at the MGS games- I think women have a lot more patience and she'd watch to see the pattern of the guards and sneak past whereas I'd shoot people in the face and get caught 🤣

Full of little details as well that made the games sooo much fun! 

Yes!  The details (and dirty easter eggs 😋), the story/drama, the cinematics, the comm!, the strategy, the self-paced play.  Like an anime you can participate in. 🥰

*wipes tear* ah, my gamer coming-of age title.  I'd sneak down in the middle of the night to play on my bro's old Playstation.  Good times.

video game loop GIF by Douglas Schatz

19 minutes ago, sconesy73 said:

Watching your gif - I can still imagine the noise when the guard gets the question mark above his head! 

metal gear solid GIF

Permanently branded on my brain. 😆

Cities Skylines....don't ask me why, but its a combination of Sim City nostalgia with a level of OCD about traffic management that works well for someone in their 30s.  I also like putting Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard in all my cities.