Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

AdamansTemplum

• Curvage Model

Oh man! I should have checked out this thread sooner, y'all are my people 😍

I try to listen to most things at least once, but there's days where you get stuck in that rabbit hole of exploring new facets and subgenres because there's so much. I tend to be drawn to more Power, Melodic, Atmospheric stuff, but I can also jive with heavier sounds and more experimental pieces, too.  I probably wont bring anything incredibly new to the table, but some of my faves lately include:

Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder Album  - This is one of my go-to albums for just easy listening
Evoken - Hypnagogia Album   - Really broke the ice for me as far as Funeral Doom and more atmospheric sounds
Fractal Gates - The Light That Shines Album  - I also really love Beyond the Self, and Altered State of Consciousness, all really great albums. Bonus: They are French! 
Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine Album -  Also just a really great easy listening album
Deafheaven - Sunbather Album  - This album changed me on a fundamental level. It was recommended by someone, and when I first looked up what the hell "Blackgaze" was, I was pretty skeptical but good lord, if I didn't have a transcendental experience listening to this album the first time. It probably isn't a sound for everyone, but they do it so goddamned well. I could probably write a dissertation on my feelings about it, but I'll spare y'all that 😂

• Curvage Model
On 11/3/2022 at 8:44 AM, gricha said:

Doe_nylie, there are definitely some things I will try in your suggestions. Even if my basic sound may have evolved to be darker over time, the mention of Deafheaven unites us 😄 and I didn't know Fractal Gates, maybe you know more about our metal scene than I do 😅😂

I just have lots of time on my hands and follow rabbit trails is all, haha. I like clicking through and going  "Ooo, what's this? What sound is that? Is it like this other thing I enjoy?" and that's how I end up with tons of albums downloaded and saved from all sorts of places 😂 That and listening to other people's playlists.