Horror Movies

Guest Namaste-hippie

41 minutes ago, doomfeedee said:

the first one is very campy but its one of my all time favorites, i keep the vhs of it by my bedside hahaha

Hahaha, love it! It’s now on my list to check out. Now I’ve just got to find which streaming service has it. 

I can absolutely do campy on a chill night. I don’t know if you’ve seen the Bad Ben series of movies on Amazon Prime; but that stuff is so campy and horribly done, it’s actually fun to watch (if that makes any sense?)! 

• Curvage Model

I love movies with common mistakes like Dracula dead and happy, the little laughing girl from horror, and obviously the goblins but I like the ones that were made between the 70s and 90s, because I think that the quality of special effects is what It's been so good, those movies that you saw when you were 8 or 10 years old that scared you, today they make me laugh and make me remember that time, when surprising you was so easy

• 2 weeks later...

I think The Descent and The Skeleton Key are both relatively underrated, considering how good they are! 

The Descent: A group of people go caving and discover a humanoid species that lurks in the dark.

The Skeleton Key: A woman hired to be a new caretaker for a disabled man in rural Louisiana discovers there is more to his illness (and to the history of the house) than she was initially willing to believe... Until it turns out, magic is real. 

Those are probably terrible summaries, but I don't want to give too much away-- Both films are very much worth checking out! 

Edited by fattyfrancine
Fixed title of movie! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

been getting immersed in the 60's Italian gothics and it's been so gooood, particularly obsessed with the Barbara Steele flicks 

Mysterious Domain Movie Palace on youtube has a great inventory of the movies available to watch, the rest are easy to find on youtube as well. Watched "The Long Hair of Death" (1964) last night and fuck it was so good! Shakespearean revenge fantasy medieval horror orgy of atmosphere and dread

my personal favorite of the era is "An Angel For Satan" (1966) which is on youtube as well, very creepy masochistic film with - like all the gothics of this era - an empowering twist finish that defies the dread you feel throughout the film

Edited by doomfeedee
spell check haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Curvage Model

I am a movie freak.. and do love some good horror. Though it is hard to find good horror these days. I have seen so so many! I love thrillers, serial killer and big creature movies.

I like the OG Hallowen, Friday the 13th, Alien and Aliens, The Thing. Trick r Treat is definitely a fave and would love a Sam tattoo.  Ca! bin in the Woods is a deep love! Thirteen Ghosts is another.  Newer stuff I like one called Margaux(about a smart house gone bad)

Guest cinnachunk

I absolutely love horror. The most nostalgic to me is Creepshow, but what absolutely terrifies me is Dawn of the Dead (2004). Team fast zombies lol! Not always done right however that movie I think does. 

• Curvage Model
46 minutes ago, cinnachunk said:

I absolutely love horror. The most nostalgic to me is Creepshow, but what absolutely terrifies me is Dawn of the Dead (2004). Team fast zombies lol! Not always done right however that movie I think does

Creepshow is such a classic!  Great choice.  Dawn of the Dead too.. those zombies and the ones in World War Z...

2 hours ago, MinaSaske said:

Creepshow is such a classic!  Great choice.  Dawn of the Dead too.. those zombies and the ones in World War Z...

World War Z zombies were terrifying 😳 Not like the shuffling one's from Walking Dead where a gentle stroll would get rid of them 🤣 How anyone managed to get bitten in Walking Dead is beyond me 🤣🤣

• Curvage Model
1 hour ago, FeelFlows88 said:

Speaking of horrors. Who else is hyped for the new Insidious film?? Saw the trailer when I went to see Evil Dead Rise and it looks great! Great series to be fair

I need to rewatch them!  Been a bit and this new one does look good

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Curvage Model
12 hours ago, ScottishStevo said:

I remember seeing a movie that zombies vampires and wear wolves lived in a town to fight of a alien invasion and I can not for the life of me remember what it was called but it was weird😂

Was it Freaks of Nature??  I vaguely remember it being something along those lines.