Horror Movies

Guest Namaste-hippie

Guest loradayton

Oh, dang! I dunno if I have a most favorite but I really really love the Insidious series. I love horror in general. Hush was really good. 

On 1/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Bmo94494 said:

Get out and rosemary's baby are always great for suspense and psychological horror. 

The creepiest part of Rosemary's Baby for me was, Hope Sommers, better known as Clara, Aunt B's best friend from The Andy Griffith Show, playing a devil worshiper. 

"He has his father's eyes. Hail Satan."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of people quite often say that Sinister was one heck of a scary flick, which is why I felt incredibly bad when I went to see it with a bunch of friends and just ended up being part of the obnoxious laughter all the way through at anything slightly cliche or corny in the film 😅

I'm a big fan of the Conjuring series though as there's a bit of truth to the story and narrative, look it up if you're quite fascinated by the idea of paranormal investigators being an all too real occupation and study, much to the delight of Ed & Lorraine Warren.

Special mention goes out to the Friday The 13th series, I love the goofy and corny roots of the horror genre with all the fitting stereotypes for its time. There's nothing like Jason Vorhees coming back twelve times, each with over the top encounters that give special effects artists a heck of a lot of work to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Curvage Model

Ok I have found the thread let’s open this bad boy back up! 
my favorite horror movie always changes depending on the time of year! 

Right now I’m leaning into an Argento kick, 

trauma, suspiria, stedynhal syndrome, deep red. The man is a total genius! 
I recently watched an Argento flick I had never heard of and honestly I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen it before. 
Jennifer Connelly was able to talk to insects and use them to do her bidding and catch a murderer. Sounds cheesy but it was so beautifully done, 10/10 recommend! It’s called “phenomena” or “creepers” depending on what country you’re in! 

Guest Spoonman

Aterrados (Terrified), it's kinda low-budget but storywise is very original, it has this very Lovecraftian atmosphere and they filmed it in my neighbourhood 

Guest Bellygazerpics
On 1/15/2021 at 5:29 PM, Guest Namaste-hippie said:

So, what is your favourite horror movie?

I've got many, but for a classic; Halloween '78. Absolutely love and can binge watch that single movie itself, over and over. Recently, I'd say Terrifier. Again, I've got a ton of favorites.

Guest Spoonman
28 minutes ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

I really wanna check this out!

I think it's on netflix, also they are making an US remake with the same director and Guillermo del Toro backing it

• Curvage Model
On 8/5/2021 at 6:10 PM, ShoeshineBoy said:

The Thing from 1982.  There isn't much Kurt Russell is in that I don't like.

That movie holds up so well even by today's standards. Love the fact they used such amazing practical effects and it still creeps me out to this day. The ending was also one of the best ways I have seen to end a horror movie. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...