Has anyone spoken to a sex therapist or professional about their feedism fetish?

PreyToGod

On 10/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, vpprof said:

The feedism topic is still virtually unexplored but from what I managed to learn and deduce, it is a form of sado-masochism. It is rooted in a perception of powerlessness. It often coincides with fetishes such as female strength, domination and also - on the other side of the coin - insecurities and misogyny.

For some people, perhaps. But feedism itself is not monolithic. There are certainly feeder sadists who get off on making women helpless. But there are also feeder subs who’s thing is to be told by a dom feedee to give her the princess treatment and cater to her voracious demands. For others, like many kinks and fetishes, it might just be a case of “you like what you like”.

For me personally, I don’t identify with S or M. For me, the fetish is more about the physicality of it. The fat form is beautiful. When someone gets fatter due to their self indulgences, it is hot. If someone indulgently embraces getting fatter on purpose, that is the best of all possibilities and I will gladly help them in their way. And on the flip side, I can find thin but beautiful women aesthetically pleasing, but they don’t do anything for me sexually.  

Regarding addiction, having a kink or a fetish may (or may not!) indicate some other psychological issue, but I don’t think that it in of itself is necessarily sign of an addiction. Indulging in kinks and fetishes can be a normal part of a healthy sex life.

On the other hand, a kink or fetish certainly can make it easier to develop a sex addiction, as it provides something specific to focus on. Sex, whether it involves a fetish or not, is addictive in the way that anything pleasurable such as shopping or gambling frequently are. I can see how fixating on a fetish could amplify the addictive potential for people predisposed to have an addictive personality. 

14 hours ago, vpprof said:

When I said "perception of powerlessness", I was referring to male fat admirers, not the feedees. 

Curious, why do you think it is hot when someone is indulging themselves? What is it about getting fatter on purpose that is appealing?

I suppose I did misunderstand which side of the ** relationship you were referring to, but the point still stands. there is a perception that feedism is primarily about control, and thus can be classified as a subtype of S&M, whichever side the feeder and feedee take respectively.

But even though I consider myself a feeder and not just an FA, it is because the act of gaining weight gets me going in addition to a woman just being fat. There isn't really any hint of S&M in it at all. Instead, I think there might be a hedonistic aspect to it. Sex is pleasurable. Food is pleasurable. Fat is pleasurable. So more of all of the above is even better. I think it relates to why the Raiza Costa (never trust a skinny chef) thread in the celeb section is so popular. It is obvious that she is a bit of a hedonist when it comes to the pastries she makes, and that hedonism has resulted in her expanding figure. It is also fun to imagine (and some poor lonely deluded souls actually believe) that since she clearly enjoys her desserts, and since we enjoy the results of her decadence on her figure, that she enjoys the results as well.