FA - fetish or preference? (from Katie Cummings [Hardcore])

Cottonsox

43 minutes ago, Cottonsox said:

Hahahaha I know this is rich coming from one of us but man there are some weird fetishes out there. Like properly hilarious ones

Perhaps I am venturing a bit off-topic here, but I do not understand why everyone refers to this as a "fetish."  Liking fat girls is not a fetish; it is just a preference, like blondes vs brunettes.  Now, stuffing is a fetish, funnel-feeding is a fetish, etc.  But simply liking fat girls is just a preference.

1 hour ago, Mike Rotch said:

Perhaps I am venturing a bit off-topic here, but I do not understand why everyone refers to this as a "fetish."  Liking fat girls is not a fetish; it is just a preference, like blondes vs brunettes.  Now, stuffing is a fetish, funnel-feeding is a fetish, etc.  But simply liking fat girls is just a preference.

A fetish is defined as sexual attraction to an inanimate object or non-genital body part.  Because genitalia don't really factor into our specific sexual attraction to fat women, you could make that case that it is a fetish.  If you find a particular hair color sexually attractive, then it is by definition a fetish.  Maybe you could consider a "preference" to be a weaker form of fetish.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:05 AM, akula1369 said:

A fetish is defined as sexual attraction to an inanimate object or non-genital body part.  Because genitalia don't really factor into our specific sexual attraction to fat women, you could make that case that it is a fetish.  If you find a particular hair color sexually attractive, then it is by definition a fetish.  Maybe you could consider a "preference" to be a weaker form of fetish.

Fetish - noun - a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc. This is what I found for the definition (in regards to a sexual fetish, at least). So, I don't agree with your definition. The attraction needs to be to an abnormal degree -  some, perhaps even most, people on Curvage probably could fall into this category, but certainly not everyone here would. Some people just like bigger girls. If we use your definition, virtually everyone has a fetish (there are very few people out there, I presume, who are *only* turned on by genitalia... most people like asses, hips, eyes, and so on). If we use your definition, the word 'fetish' becomes pretty much meaningless. The word fetish is around for the sole reason that it is a means of describing an attraction to something that is abnormal and more... intense, for lack of better words at the moment. Under your [seemingly inaccurate] definition, the word fetish loses the very information it is meant to convey.

3 hours ago, thisismee said:

Fetish - noun - a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.....

I think this is splitting hairs and who's to your definition is any better than mine?  Mine's direct from wikipedia.  

On 10/27/2016 at 5:44 AM, akula1369 said:

I think this is splitting hairs and who's to your definition is any better than mine?  Mine's direct from wikipedia.  

I don't want to derail this thread, but since there was a recent post and I'm not necroposting I don't feel bad replying (people can just ignore this post and enjoy the one above mine with content).

Mine is from a dictionary. You can adopt any connotation of the word you want, but we should all share a the same denotation of the word, or else things descend into semantics. Anyway, it's not 'my' definition, it's 'the' definition, from a dictionary. Like I said, if that wiki definition you posted became the dictionary definition of the word, the virtually everyone would have a fetish, which strips the word's ability to convey any new information. If you want to consider a fetish to be as you stated earlier, that's fine, but it doesn't make it the actual definition. I could say that, to me, the definition of 'cow' is a dirty toilet, but it doesn't mean it is the definition. 

Anyway, if you want to talk language semantics further, just send me a private message, and we could discuss it till the dirty toilets come home.

Now, to ensure that this post also contains some relevant info - lightgainlover, that clip you linked with Katie eating tacos is pretty old. It's been around for a couple years I believe. Still a good clip, but not indicative of her current form.

I used to define fetish as something that you absolutely need for sex, never heard of the object/body part thing. Like you can't get an erection without X. 

Or you can't really have a long and healthy relationship without your girlfriend having Z. For some folks here it might actually just be a preference and they have a good relationship with their skinny girlfriend or they could have one at some point in their life if they found someone theyre compatible with.

But I think for a lot of people here it goes beyond "preference". Anyone who says it's just their preference as if it's like saying they prefer blondes when I seriously doubt that's the case for members of www.curvage.org. I think if you post here frequently you are already way deep into this stuff. Perhaps it's not a fetish according to websters but it certainly goes beyond a simple preference.