Fitness trainer's weight gain – 40 pounds in 12 weeks

tinygi

• Moderators

Yes. But common sense would prevent you from saying so to their face.

I don't get this argument. Just like "with all due respect" doesn't actually give you the ability to follow it with whatever offensive thing you want, implying written conversation allows things that direct communication does not is bunk. Are you telling me it's okay to threaten someone via text, but the phone call suddenly makes unacceptable? I'm sure you don't agree with bullies beating kids up at school, but what about cyber bullying? It's different, right? Case in point, if you don't have the courage to say something to someone's face, there's a good chance that you shouldn't be typing it either.

Anyways, here are some recent comments I've seen that coincide with my rant here:

Great job!....now keep up eating, you must keep that belly that full!...gluttony does a body good!!!!

Wow you're really turning into a sexy blimp, the pounds have really piled on your fat belly. Please post some before pictures so we can see what a glorious fatty you've become.

soo big and round mhmmmm....  *gently hugging you from behind*

Who exactly is the target audience for these kinds of comments? Are they actually trying to compliment the person, or are they trying to get an extra few strokes out of their jerk-off session? Even on a site like Curvage, those comments start creeping me out after a while. I feel the line between appreciation and idolization/worship is often crossed these days (the new Imogeneize chit chat thread comes to mind...). Now, combine those kinds of comments with a workout project video that is non-sexual to the population at large, it sounds downright psychopathic.

Well, we are a fap site, so who cares?

To me, calling Curvage a "fap site" is spitting in the face of a community that has a decade's worth of self-awareness discussion. I don't know about the most of you, but I honestly don't come to Curvage to jack off. While I do browse the picture/video boards beyond my moderation duties, I am far more interested in seeing the societal changes that are occurring. Just ten years ago, we were just a fap site. But that was a time when fat was totally shunned from society. If you had extra weight, you didn't have/want your picture taken, you weren't supposed to wear revealing clothing, and you especially weren't supposed to say "it's okay that I am fat." Hell, that last point is still heavily scrutinized, just see conversations such as this. Over the past ten years, much has changed in society at large, an in our own community. Society is slowly, but surely, losing its harsh stance on being Hollywood thin. Fashion design is making strides to embrace a fuller figure, rather than hide it. In our own community, we have had much meta conversation about the community, with topics like "why do we like what we do?", "should I accept my FA desires, knowing the potential health impacts it has?", and "is this a fetish, preference, or something else?".

So, I don't know about you personally, but I have used Curvage to better understand who I am as a person. It has gone way beyond being just a jack-off place, and I hope that Curvage still has that kind of impact on newcomers.

Another nice post, gta. I generally agree with your statement but have some conflict between this being a "community" and also not becoming an insular place where criticism/objectification is not tolerated.

If this conversation progresses, we should probably split out to another topic elsewhere.

Guest MUSEic

I go back and forth between this issue objectifying models and establishing stiffer boundaries (pun intended)... but I only do so on the internet and in this community. Off the internet, only the skeeviest, most misogynistic of pervs would disagree we should mind our boundairies. The internet, however, seems to zap people of their empathy, and it becomes so much more exaggerated when guys scour the internet for their next fap like heroin junkies stealing from the family purse. Empathy seems to disappear altogether, and people begin crossing that line outside of the community. It's disgusting. There may be some give and take within the FA community, but outside, there should be none, and more and more people seem to crossing that line as time goes on.

Even the voyeuristic nature of watching these weight loss/facebook/trainer videos and pictures is questionable, though I don't see a problem with it, but the minute you broach that fourth wall, you're fucking wrong. The more I see people do it, the more I become protective of what I find, and the more I think we shouldn't even allow material not specifically intended for FA audiences. Not because viewing the material sexually is wrong, but because someone somewhere is on a mission to contact the girl, send her a picture of his dick, or tell her how beautiful she would be if she was fat.

Just like dick pics, unsolicited FA comments, ARE NOT OKAY.

The negative attention over her simply wanting to be fit, though, is another symptom of the same problem. I've already made it clear where I stand on that, but it is as if the decreasing exlusivity of this community has blinded people to the fact there are proper ways to live life outside being fat or gaining weight. It is a lifestyle, and some people will never want that lifestyle or like that lifestyle, nor is it a better lifestyle simply because you find so many girls nowadays willing to be fat.

Nevermind chivalry. Empathy is dead too.

Nevermind chivalry. Empathy is dead too.

I too have occasionally avoided posting material I discover for the reasons you stated. In fact, I agree with everything you just said except for that last line. Forgive my cliche, and as some would surely call it (as evidenced by posts on this very page), naïveté, but neither will be dead so long as there are those who defend them. You contradicted yourself in your own comment. Sure, objectification and selfish sexual indulgence are problems on this site, as in many parts of society, but that has always been the case. And maybe it's the natural order of things, but that doesn't mean it's right, and it doesn't mean it will always be that way. I'd argue that to say empathy is dead is a slight on many members of society fighting for that very thing. Maybe there will always be assholes, who knows. I see myself growing more and more cynical as time goes by, but to just give up and say the assholes will win every time is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Edit: Evidently my comment started a new page. The page before this, then.

trying to get an extra few strokes out of their jerk-off session

It creeps me off a bit when I can tell someone is working out their fantasy right in front of everyone. It's like, if you can imagine, a strip club or adult movie theater; you all know you're there to watch some XXX entertainment, but you're supposed to wait til you get home to masturbate.

Guest Skellington
I am far more interested in seeing the societal changes that are occurring. Just ten years ago, we were just a fap site. But that was a time when fat was totally shunned from society. If you had extra weight, you didn't have/want your picture taken, you weren't supposed to wear revealing clothing, and you especially weren't supposed to say "it's okay that I am fat."

I wonder sometimes if this is because we're growing as a people (through our average weight) or growing as a people (through enlightenment, awareness and maturity). Perhaps a combination of both... Regardless, I agree with everything you've said GTA in my brief overview of the conversation spin-off.

And I also agree with what MUSEic said as well. Curvage is a strange thing, there's nothing quite like it... and it's become a treasure to me. I not only feel safe here, surrounded by like-minded people even if it's a sexual thing overall, it's like, a community at heart significantly more than a fap-site. And obviously there is plenty of the latter, but the former has become the main reason for my participation and return here. I feel like, the people here embrace human "normalness" that the rest of society has warped minds regarding, and it promotes us being ourselves. And that kind of thing is not just something that goes with Curvage or curvy women, but it's a way of life that applies to everything. I mean, I guess my beliefs still exist within moral reason (such as, I'm against pedophilia etc.), but I just mean, overall, Curvage is such a wonderful place that women are not only allowed, but encouraged to be themselves and who they are and love their bodies for how they are - not how we want them to be. There are obviously a lot of people here who encourage our point of view on women posters (you quite often see people asking - "what is your goal weight? you would look great with more!") and in that way, we're almost no different from people who look poorly on curvy women and positively on stick women. But the truth is, Curvage has all sorts of women who are posting just to be themselves and find support for being who they are (and they do!) - we have women of all weights and sizes, literally, from incredibly skinny girls to SSBBWS, and have even had some transexuals. Even though I have my own taste and opinions of beauty and tend to lean towards a target "weight," and I imagine most people have opinions and personal tastes, Curvage is an open and wonderful community that despite the lurking fappers, overall encourages and promotes and supports women who know they are beautiful looking for support because they know the image promoted in Hollywood and the media is wrong and inhuman. And that is why I love it here.

It is so unfortunate that it has to be ruined by creeps. It is inevitable, I guess, knowing the nature of the internet, anonymity, and the subject matter - when 95% of Curvagers may have the right heart, there will always be those who will try to contact the girl and tell them derogatory and demeaning sexual objectifying things. It is the main reason most of our most beloved people (Imogeneize, for example) have left us. It really is a shame.

But at the end of the day, as much as I wish there was something I can do and feel hopeless, I have to admit the truth is that there is something we can do - continue to support the women and help them to see and know the beauty in themselves, and continue to spread enlightenment and fight objectification.

I'll be interested to see how her body looks when she starts to drop the weight.  Even if she goes back to the exact weight she was before her body structure probably won't be the same.  Also she may go the route of her bodybuilding friend from one of her videos and opt for the buffed look.  Either way I think it will still be interesting to watch.......Now let the whineing about losing weight isn't what CURVAGE is about begin in 5...4....3.....2......1

I think she's a stupid liberal idiot

When it comes to looking at bodies, I couldn't care less.

Having said that, she's certainly not gaining in any attractive way. It doesn't really seem to be going to her thighs, ass or even breasts. Not to mention that she's pretty flawed to begin with -- she's got a long torso, stubby legs, and her typical expression is one of vacant confusion. I don't know why people are losing it over this topic, as this is not an attractive woman in the slightest.

Having said that, she's certainly not gaining in any attractive way. It doesn't really seem to be going to her thighs, ass or even breasts. Not to mention that she's pretty flawed to begin with -- she's got a long torso, stubby legs, and her typical expression is one of vacant confusion. I don't know why people are losing it over this topic, as this is not an attractive woman in the slightest.

Well there goes the idea that CURVAGE is some kind of safe non-judgmental place for curvy/larger women no matter how they look or how they arrived at there current body situation.  A lot of people try to pass off this site as being different from the mainstream society where 'skinny' is the in thing.  Guess what there are just as many judgmental thoughts and opinions expressed here as anywhere else. 

Well there goes the idea that CURVAGE is some kind of safe non-judgmental place for curvy/larger women no matter how they look or how they arrived at there current body situation.

You're full of shit. It was never that kind of place. We celebrate sexy, big women here -- not just 'big women.' We come here because of a shared passion for women of size, but that doesn't mean that we all possess identical tastes, nor are we expected (or, as you imply, mandated) to be universally supportive.

She's just not that hot. And that's really the crux of the matter, because fat alone doesn't make someone hot. But go ahead and go nuts about it. I couldn't fucking care less.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

This

At least one thing that hasn't changed are her arching eyebrows - I wonder how long it takes to do up "Deer in Headlights" in the bathroom mirror?

I assume that we'll still get to ride this out for a few weeks at least, as she'll be trying to shift from her current weight to get back down 40, unless she decides to crack up her workout and shift the bulk in a few hours, you can never tell with these lunkheads...

Guest MUSEic

To say she is not attractive in the slightest is a bit (a lot) of an overstatement. But do we expect anything less from Curvage's habitual debbie downer?

Guest MUSEic

I'm really disapointed this moved to lifestyle discussion, ie basically abyssed without the negative connotations. I know we have a policy of keep the discussion on the content over in the other forums, but please. The people who need to be seeing these gripes are the least likely to visit lifestyle discussion (unless it happens to be girls talking about their weight).

So basically, the objectification of women is ok, as long as your dick is happy?

And people wonder why youtubers get 'scared-off'.

This is literally a site dedicated to posting pictures of hot women. Is that not objectification? I would argue that it doesn't become a problem until people start spamming the women in question; it's no more harmful than jacking off to a magazine that you can tab out of.

People shouldn't harass her, but it's not like anonymous strangers getting turned on by her weight gain is harming her in any way.

Guest bobsithoto1

"Next week is the week you've all been waiting for: the week I start to lose weight."  LOL.  Exactly what we were waiting for  ::)

You're full of shit. It was never that kind of place. We celebrate sexy, big women here -- not just 'big women.' We come here because of a shared passion for women of size, but that doesn't mean that we all possess identical tastes, nor are we expected (or, as you imply, mandated) to be universally supportive.

She's just not that hot. And that's really the crux of the matter, because fat alone doesn't make someone hot. But go ahead and go nuts about it. I couldn't fucking care less.

I'm guessing that md2069 doesn't have a problem with your subjectivity so much as your penchant for being needlessly dickish.  I, on the other hand, find it fascinating how you manage to combine "not caring" with "posting a shit ton and constantly bickering with people". It's almost as though your actions belie your words.

I'm guessing that md2069 doesn't have a problem with your subjectivity so much as your penchant for being needlessly dickish.  I, on the other hand, find it fascinating how you manage to combine "not caring" with "posting a shit ton and constantly bickering with people". It's almost as though your actions belie your words.

You mistake the actions of one who pokes the hornets' nest for the cautious interventions of an inquisitive entomologist. One has a natural interest in bugs. The other just likes to watch insects react in needless fury.