Pokimane found her thread and spoke about it. Discussion here

Ed732

See, I get where she's coming from, and I am sorry that we all negatively contributed to an already complicated issue for her. Inserting yet another degree of visceral disgust to what would've already been infused with self-loathing, contempt for her own wellbeing/image, and generally just having her reminded of how her image online will constantly be degraded, and fetishized simply for the sake of making use of that sparsely, to a highly moderated and curated degree in her career.

Nevertheless, this is the internet, and this is what we do. No getting around it, as much as she'd like to shame the world as it relates to her own internal conflicts (check up on any overview of her controversies, and you see she's a deeply flawed individual, with hypocrisy and self-indulgence running untempered). Especially so, when your career's been filled with specific controversy over contrasting and/or contradictory portrayals of yourself.

Shit gets out of hand constantly, and she'll just have to live with the constant backlash, and unwanted judgement/perspectives of her audience - whether that's in legitimate criticism, or somewhat derogatory fetishism, or somewhat derogatory criticism. And yet that doesn't mean, as people who get off on said portrayal of the person, that we shouldn't consider that the individual would be rightfully disgusted at how far we'd go to dissect said portrayal.

You have written a lot

of course, I don't know, but if pokimane reads that forum, then I want to turn to her. 

Pokimane, you feel much better when you have a little bit of meat. You're becoming more feminine, like any other woman. 

don't pay attention to those people who say that you are overweight and so on. be yourself, be the second weight in which you feel comfortable! 

but I want to say, when you get curves, it's very, very beautiful! 

if the photos that are just above my post are new, then this is your optimal weight! You look sexier in it for us fetishists and for ordinary people! 

7 hours ago, Pen said:

You have written a lot

of course, I don't know, but if pokimane reads that forum, then I want to turn to her. 

Pokimane, you feel much better when you have a little bit of meat. You're becoming more feminine, like any other woman. 

don't pay attention to those people who say that you are overweight and so on. be yourself, be the second weight in which you feel comfortable! 

but I want to say, when you get curves, it's very, very beautiful! 

if the photos that are just above my post are new, then this is your optimal weight! You look sexier in it for us fetishists and for ordinary people! 

I'm sure your intentions are good, and you're saying some nice things, but the last part of your text is exactly what she dislikes, lol.

She doesn't want to be sexualized or fetishized, regardless of her appearance, but she's aware that preventing it entirely might be challenging.

Certainly, this forum will always have some creepy aspects, given its dedication and obsession with her weight and body.

I'm pretty sure most people would find it unsettling to discover an entire forum dedicated to discussing their weight, lol.

There's not much we can do to eliminate that creepy feeling, so we might as well strive to be more respectful in how we discuss her and her body.

I'm not calling anyone out or suggesting everyone has engaged in that kind of talk, but I believe it's something we should all focus on nonetheless.

Ironic a site dedicated to wanting to see women put on weight pressured one into doing the opposite. Think as suggested, dunno if it can be unlisted on Google. But at the least, make it hard to get into the thread. Maybe need to be a member a week or smth. Really make it so people have to go out of there way to look. Cause it must suck to stumble across if you have any kinda body insecurity, and realistically that's most people. Fact she likes how she looked makes it even worse really. Kinda sucks having this kink in that regard, sucks to celebrate a thing people might hate about themselves. 

20 hours ago, loljuicepwn said:

Ironic a site dedicated to wanting to see women put on weight pressured one into doing the opposite. Think as suggested, dunno if it can be unlisted on Google. But at the least, make it hard to get into the thread. Maybe need to be a member a week or smth. Really make it so people have to go out of there way to look. Cause it must suck to stumble across if you have any kinda body insecurity, and realistically that's most people. Fact she likes how she looked makes it even worse really. Kinda sucks having this kink in that regard, sucks to celebrate a thing people might hate about themselves. 

people might hate this take but i also think there needs to be more moderation. like the site hides behind this guise of “curves are beautiful” as if its a place to go for body positivity, when thats just categorically not what these threads end up being 70% of the time. people who are disrespectful should have their comment deleted and they should at least get a temp ban from replying

Here's my issue with her whole statement. Part of me does genuinely feel like she made an excuse, despite the very reasonable disgust a woman who found hundreds, if not thousands of men online, were fetishizing a very sore and constantly degraded phase of her body-image. It's objectification at it's utmost obliviousness, with degradement being somewhat fundamental to the sexual fetish.

Because to act as if this side of her fanbase never existed to begin with, as if she FUNDAMENTALLY, DOES NOT INDULGE THEM, is absolutely HILLARIOUS. The top percentile of those who directly contribute to her career, are those that form some sort of unhealthy infatuation with her overall persona. Even if that infatuation isn't sexual in nature, it is INHERRENTLY possessive, being a parasocial bond that she directly encourages for the sake of direct funding.

This has always been something of a contradiction with pokimane: albeit a contradiciton that's very rationally based in the disparity between what she'd percieve her image to be (somewhat untainted, still with that obsessive quality that her direct earners have to project onto), and what she already has to know is CLEARLY THERE (the rampant sexualization, to the point of objectification for that sole quality). It's unfortunate, as I'm sure that anyone would want to have their appraisal and online passive-evaluation be something of a more casually platonic, genuine appreciation. Especially, first and foremost as a desire for women as a whole, and it IS UNDERSTANDABLE.

But then there's the question for us: is what we doing unethical? By definition, no. We're sharing our thoughts on a platform that does not belong to her, that she has not participated in any tangible manner, and we have kept our judgements, reflections, and expressions of fetishization SEPARATE from her PERSONAL platform altogether - this is in direct contrast with the fetishization that very clearly DOES happen within her twitch chats, her direct interactions with her streaming audience. The main difference here being the consistent and unabashed sexualization that is not kept in check. Again, it feels mildly hypocritical, in the sense that she loves to disavow the aspects of her audience, that make her such a mainstay. As if her community isn't already idealizing and fetishizing her to a degree that's arguably more intrinsic to degradement as a whole. Valuing her as a surrogate figure for a comforter, through a parasocial relationship.

Is what we're doing IMMORAL, though. I'd say yes. After all, we're alright with her finding out, through the internet, where she likely spends a good portion of her time, that we'd love nothing more than to see her fail at her goals, we'd love to tear into said failures for the sake of our own possessive, self-centered and very deliberate pleasure. It's somewhat insidious, and generally just a gross thing to deal with. And it's contributing to a very real mental health situation, that is a natural response to both her own internal body image, as well as the burden of being an online persona, with such a wide outreach.

I feel for her, and what we're doing isn't right. But it isn't at all illegal, and it is for our own personal enjoyments separate from her domain. As it isn't at all meant to be an attack on her, to directly reach her. It's collateral, essentially. And it has always existed, in many different shapes and forms.

Pokimane, in a sense, is the internet's QUINTESSENTIAL e-thot. She makes valid points and statements on what women have to undergo during their experiences on the internet. She has lived through most of these experiences, and made clear her stance on what is appreciated, and what is not for those women. And yet she constantly indulges those responses, not even indirectly. Fueling the cover-image, of what could be viewed as a loving audience for their creator. Yet not acknowledging that if 5-6 million people are willing to consume YOUR content, simply for showing up on a stream to show face, and not acknowledging that underlying implication, of what aspects of your online appearance are TRULY valued.

It's unfortunate that she can never be viewed, and/understood for the sake of her personality alone, and trying to walk that line between the creator you want to be, making use of the tools directly provided by the internet, with the audience willing to observe en-masse, is always going to be an immense burden: one that we all ended up making worse. But at the end of the day, we are not demanding anything of her. We are not asking anything of her, and while we may express our fetishes, as a desire that we wish to see actualized, we are a separate body of thought to her own personal perspective - one that she has already acknowledged is somewhat conflicted, and already self-indulgent in that the self-destructive traits are something she is comfortable with to a degree. So yeah, it's complicated.

17 hours ago, dragonageguy said:

Yeah. We need to make a Pokimane debate page so these terminally online people can hurl these 50k magnum opus level screeds at one another.

“chronically online is when you reflect upon the negative impacts of your actions.” its def not chronically online to act as if everything you post exists in a vacuum and has no effect on real life people. also “magnum opus level”? do you know what magnum opus means lmao

1 hour ago, aviatork said:

“chronically online is when you reflect upon the negative impacts of your actions.” its def not chronically online to act as if everything you post exists in a vacuum and has no effect on real life people. also “magnum opus level”? do you know what magnum opus means lmao

Thinking you have an effect on pokimane's life is chronically online, yes. Its no different from the mods in her chat thinking their "good morning! ^-^" chats will get them laid.

If you think posting fully clothed screenshots of women who broadcast themselves to a public audience is immoral then don't post in this thread and let it die.

Poki easily has the most popular thread in this section of the site, if she really wanted to she can do what smaller creators than her have done in the past and successfully request the removal of her thread. Pokimane has threatened ligitation after someone on twitter said she aged poorly, i doubt she'd let this thread slide if she had a problem with it.

Pokimane's entire brand is "safe horny" content. This thread does nothing but perpetuate the exact kind of attention she makes a living off of.

58 minutes ago, Garford said:

Thinking you have an effect on pokimane's life is chronically online, yes. Its no different from the mods in her chat thinking their "good morning! ^-^" chats will get them laid.

If you think posting fully clothed screenshots of women who broadcast themselves to a public audience is immoral then don't post in this thread and let it die.

Poki easily has the most popular thread in this section of the site, if she really wanted to she can do what smaller creators than her have done in the past and successfully request the removal of her thread. Pokimane has threatened ligitation after someone on twitter said she aged poorly, i doubt she'd let this thread slide if she had a problem with it.

Pokimane's entire brand is "safe horny" content. This thread does nothing but perpetuate the exact kind of attention she makes a living off of.

Seeing at this is irritating people I'll just make one comment more and leave it. I can only speak for my comment, but I don't think I personally have or want to have any influence over her life. Only that, taking her at her word - this thread directly led to her choosing to lose weight - when she already liked how she looked. So collectively, we did. I think it's probably more chronically online to track her religiously and screenshot etc though.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:07 PM, loljuicepwn said:

Seeing at this is irritating people I'll just make one comment more and leave it. I can only speak for my comment, but I don't think I personally have or want to have any influence over her life. Only that, taking her at her word - this thread directly led to her choosing to lose weight - when she already liked how she looked. So collectively, we did. I think it's probably more chronically online to track her religiously and screenshot etc though.

She's just mad she's not making money from this thread. Screenshots on curvage don't generate ad revenue or quota for sponsors. You think people looking at her is what annoys her? That's her entire job, she is broadcasting herself on several platforms, appealing to neets and taking their money. It's her business model, down to the "vitamin D" cookies. We're a bunch of men "sexualizing" an e-girl without paying a fee and she doesn't like it, that's all.

One day it's "do men even like women?" and now it's "we can't let men have free spank material, fuck those guys".

At least with the tiny bit of extra weight she was visually likable. Now she's unlikable in every aspect. I remain thankful for all the other women who aren't con artists. Nothing of value was lost. The Pokimane thread is innocent and Epstein didn't kill himself. 

1 hour ago, BingoStyler said:

She's just mad she's not making money from this thread. Screenshots on curvage don't generate ad revenue or quota for sponsors. You think people looking at her is what annoys her? That's her entire job, she is broadcasting herself on several platforms, appealing to neets and taking their money. It's her business model, down to the "vitamin D" cookies. We're a bunch of men "sexualizing" an e-girl without paying a fee and she doesn't like it, that's all.

One day it's "do men even like women?" and now it's "we can't let men have free spank material, fuck those guys".

At least with the tiny bit of extra weight she was visually likable. Now she's unlikable in every aspect. I remain thankful for all the other women who aren't con artists. Nothing of value was lost. The Pokimane thread is innocent and Epstein didn't kill himself. 

Please stop.

This isn't what this thread is for. 

16 hours ago, BingoStyler said:

Man, that's interesting. Why don't you go investigate Epstein? 

Quietly.

Somewhere else.

I havent been paying much attention to this, but to be fair A it was inevitable she was gonna find the thread. Or one of you morons was gonna white knight and show her. Also B she was probably looking for a reason too loose weight anyway and just used us as an excuse. Remember she appeals to normie simps, the type that think gaining 5 or 10lbs is considered obesity. So who knows how many people were breathing down her neck to "keep her brand going" or something like that. Shes apart of that Hollywood drive, so even if she doesnt mind gaining weight so many other people would scream and say she was fat even if she gained a pound. I could be right or wrong who knows, but most models find their threads on her eventually. 

I'm not sure what planet some people here live on, but do they seriously think that most women will be flattered or unphased about finding themselves appear on a fat fetish site? They may think of it as being respectful by celebrating their body, but as we've seen here, even with someone who is quite comfortable with themselves and doesn't mind if they gain a few pounds, it's overwhelming and unsettling. Even in the age of body acceptance, the thought of people admiring weight gain and especially belly fat is enough to break a lot of people's brains and it's one of the reasons this kink can be such a curse, not even considering the whole stuffing and overeating side. 

Also why I cringe when I see the 'unaware' partner gaining weight with discreet photos taken but thats another thing 

Guest They keep getting fatter

"I want you to sexualize me, but not in that way. As a narcissist is key for me to be in control."