Butterfly Lounge?

Guest unknowntime

Guest unknowntime

What am I even doing

Does anyone around here ever go? I figured I would, for once. I have a feeling that I will regret it immediately, as I don't do well with clubs or bars or anything like that.

Still, I have nothing else going on tonight. Experiences?

Guest unknowntime

Won't be going tonight, got too late. I was more nervous to go than I'd like to admit. Perhaps another time, but I'm not really a club person.

Won't be going tonight, got too late. I was more nervous to go than I'd like to admit. Perhaps another time, but I'm not really a club person.

Well, don't force yourself then. I'm not a club person either so I guess I shouldn't lay such bad basis to encounters... :P

I've been, and while it's not BAD exactly... Just, you have to lower your expectations. It's hosted at a dive bar, but sadly a dive only in the sense that the bar is scuzzy rather than being lived-in and packed with personality. Now, I'm also a younger guy (26 now, and 25 when I went) so the crowd was not of my age range. Most were 30+, and many were 30++. Not sure what you're looking for, but for me that was not it. To be fair, that could have just been the particular night I went, YMMV.

Club Bounce is a bit of a drive for me--especially now that it moved to Wilshire from Long Beach--but the few times I've been were MUCH better than at Butterfly. Much younger and more accepting* crowd, the venue is nicer, and it's just a lot more fun. Best of luck, however you choose to go.

*The first time I went to Bounce, back when it was still in LB, I remember there was this little Japanese businessman hanging out all alone on the dancefloor. He was super awkward and definitely seemed out of his element, so I felt bad he wasn't having a good time. When I looked over again an hour later, I saw a changed man: he was now dancing with 2 very large black women, and in that moment he was possibly the happiest man I have ever seen. Sometimes when I am sad I think of his face to cheer up.

Guest unknowntime

That's what I wanted to know. I was going to go with a friend and I really don't know what I wanted out of the experience other than getting out and doing something new. I'll look into Club Bounce if I ever decide try to go out again.

Guest muffinmaid

*The first time I went to Bounce, back when it was still in LB, I remember there was this little Japanese businessman hanging out all alone on the dancefloor. He was super awkward and definitely seemed out of his element, so I felt bad he wasn't having a good time. When I looked over again an hour later, I saw a changed man: he was now dancing with 2 very large black women, and in that moment he was possibly the happiest man I have ever seen. Sometimes when I am sad I think of his face to cheer up.

Aww so cute  :)

BFL is actually a lesbian bar during the week, and it's a JANKY one at that! With that being said, I have always found that place inviting and warm (I'm a dive bar type of guy though). With it being said, I have seen all sorts of ages in there. You never know who in the BBW world you would find there. Back in my single days, I would go there, but now if we go to Orange County/Newport we more likely go to Sutra. That being said, I would go to BFL sooner than I would go to Bounce..

So rad.

Did you have a poor experience at Bounce? If so, do tell.

It just not my scene. It's too hip-hop for my tastes, and I am talking all the annoying materialistic hip hop that drunk white girls twerk horribly to (Machiavelli will return in 2014!). The beer is cheaper at BFL anyway...

It is way more of a lounge than a club. I went a few years ago, It wasnt BAD but it wasn't anything to get nervous over.Its really laid back like a bar full of middle aged fat ladies. There was a free nacho bar when I went...and I think a pool table. Its not like any of the other clubs Ive been to, the majority of the people didn't dance....I just drank a bunch of fruity drinks and stared at the drunk ladies. Id go again probably....just to be somewhere fat friendly.

Definitely gggrrreat place to people watch that's for sure.  No need to feel shy either for the most part from what I remember is everyone was super nice.  ;) ;) ;)

Last time I was there, someone was supposed to meet me down there with her girls, but flaked, not diming anyone out here!

I remember going to Club Moxie (back when Shadoe the chick running it was still a BBW), before it turned into bounce, and it was like BFL, real calm, low key, and you didn't have to be shy!