BBW Fine art request

bluetech

I am wondering what sort of paintings or portraits of BBWs or SSBBWs there are out there in the fine art world. I can best explain what I am looking for by examples of what I am not:

There are of course the paintings of Peter Paul Rubens, but despite his work being held out as depicting the larger form, the figures depicted in his artwork are more chubby than fat and it would be a stretch to call them BBWs.

r1yiuI3.jpg

The works of Fernando Botero are fairly well known, and do portray actual fat women (and men, and animals oddly enough). However, his style is very cartooned as opposed to the realistic style of Rubens.

6k8K6YG.jpg

Then there is this painting by Lucien Freud. On one hand, it is a (mostly) realistic portrait of a genuine big woman. However, I hesitate to say that it is a painting of a BBW, as the second B stands for Beautiful. The painting is horribly unflattering and it seems almost as though the artist intentionally sought out to depict her as an ugly abomination.

ot6UWLX.jpg

So, I would like to know if there are any paintings or portraits out there of BBWs or SSBBWs done in a realistic style which actually flatter the subjects and portray them as something of beauty. Any art geeks out there who know of anything like that?

Rubens may not have painted SSBBW's, but they were certainly well fed ladies, like his wife, appearing in the fur coat below. The other women have certainly got enough extra to be categorized as BBW's, don't they...

I suppose that's fair enough. I guess as I have gotten older, my taste has trended upwards, and now someone who I would have thought was huge when I was in college I now barely notice. I guess my perception of ladies in art must have trended up as well. So you are absolutely right. The ladies painted by Rubens definitely count as BBWs, and even though they are on the thin end for my taste they may be the ideal for other FAs. Therefore, I retract what I said in the OP, and Rubens ladies definitely have a place in this thread.

I'd still like to see paintings of pretty SSBBWs as well, though. Absolute perfection would be Juicy Jacqueline time traveling and posing for Rembrandt.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...