How do you stay “healthy” while Gaining or being Plus-Size in General?

Chromiu

I grew up around a lot of overweight people, while not overweight myself, I remember the constant discussions of Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, and various other health concerns that come with being fat.

But, obviously I’m here, and I’m an FA, but remembering the health concerns and issues that my relatives had in regards to their weight has made it difficult for me to come out about my preferences with partners and too engage with the community because I have those fears. Are there ways to engage with the lifestyle while still being somewhat healthy about it? And possibly tips to put these fears to rest?

• Curvage Model

I'm really sorry to tell you there is no way to stay healthy being morbidly obese as I am, but it's part of this lifestyle, sugar, cholesterol and other related stuff can be less if you eat more natural home made food than processed foods. But as I said it's part of gain weight on purpose to eat unhealthy more than once in a while.

3 hours ago, Ruby Addams BBW said:

I'm really sorry to tell you there is no way to stay healthy being morbidly obese as I am, but it's part of this lifestyle, sugar, cholesterol and other related stuff can be less if you eat more natural home made food than processed foods. But as I said it's part of gain weight on purpose to eat unhealthy more than once in a while.

Fair Enough, I sort off figured.

Everyone's body is different, but there will come a time in your gaining journey when you have to decide how much health you want to give up to continue gaining. There's a difference between "I live my life and my body does what it does", and being happy with the size that your body is comfortable with, whatever that weight may be, and going beyond that.

For me, I was able to gain 20kg, from 75kg to 95kg, before things plateaued and my body started to really tell me, "this is the upper limit". While a return to strength training has helped me continue to gain weight and maintain a certain level of fitness, I can definitely tell that I'm not as healthy as I "should" be, as I gain beyond that point. I keep very regular tabs on my blood pressure, cholesterol, as blood sugar/insulin. If these two things get too far out of whack, it'll be what gets me to stop gaining. 

the body will usually tell you yes, and also yes there will always be a point in which the trade off will be clearer in a way. even if you feel healthy and are ok with it there will be drawbacks in terms of mobiblity and such it all depends how far you really want to go. but no, there is no way to be super obese and perfectly healthy i would say

Guest GetFatter
On 9/21/2023 at 2:31 PM, Ruby Addams BBW said:

I feel like am obese person could cut back on alot of the junk, and still eat healthier foods and still gain weight, like if you ordered the healthiest thing at subway but ate 10 of them at a time the calories are still gonna go to your big belly.... your just cutting out the sugar and junk