skinny-fat out-of-shape wife getting embarrassed

Shhxni

It remainds me my absolutely skinny-fat roommate. She tried to flex her biceps as a joke and it made no differende at all. Also we tried to squeeze it and couldn't feel any tightness. It ended her jiggling her underarm flab. Also she tried to squeeze her abs, and there also was no differende, just flab to squeeze and jiggle.

• 1 month later...

Strangely, but beeing skinny-fat or chubby not always mean being completely out of shape.

I have 3 girl rommates. We talk openly about our body and fitness related issues, and we also do some exercising together.

First one, Katrin, is 5'7" and 170 lbs. She has a classic apple type body with thick spare time aroung her waist but realtively small ass. Despite being overweight and having really thick waist she has abs of steel. You can't see it because of thick layer of fat, but they are there. When we competed, she did 200 sit-ups, and wasn't even so tired. She also does burpees, jumps-squats and other hard exercises following youtube videos. Maybe her weakest point is cardio. When she goes for a run, she does like extra slow jog combined with slow walks. Her usual distance is 2 miles and it requires half an hour for her.

The second one, Erin, is 5'3" and 133 lbs. She looks petite-soft. She doesn't exercise on regular basis, except walking a lot and sometimes riding bike. Because of that her legs and butt has nice, firm shape, while her belly and upper arms are soft. But when we competed, she managed to do 100 sit-ups. It was hard of her, she was panting a lot, but still. Her untrined abs could manage it. Also her's weak point is cardio. She never runs, except one time when we all went for a 2 mile run at the park (Katrin's usual distance). She got out of breath very quickly and basically just walked. But when walking/hiking or riding bike she can go for hours with ease.

The third one, Kate, is classic skinny-fat. 5'7" and 133 lbs. Having the best proportions according to BMI, she has the weakest muscles, never ever trained. But even she, when we competed, managed to do 70 sit-ups. Though, burpees are to much for her. after 2-3 burpees she was out (Erin, even it was obviously hard for her, could do two sets of 10). One the other hand, Kate was the only one who could run all 2 miles without brakes, even her time was super slow (but still faster than Katrin's, who took walking breaks, and Erin's, who waked almost all the distance).

So itseems that it possible to combine skinny-fat or chubby with satisfactory level of fitness.

17 hours ago, Shhxni said:

Did she use to be skinny? Is she accepting her spare tire? 

Not skinny, but she used to be around 150-155 lbs when she moved in. Evan then she had a noticeable softness around her abdomen. She says that she has accepted that this is the way how her body stores fat. But she is not happy with her gain.

Wow she’s even slower than 15 min mile Katrin? That’s quite the pathetic pace… we’re lots of people running past you? How did she react to being so out of running shape?

Yes, she was the slowest. After a minute or two she actually had to stop with her hands on knees and gasp for breath. She didn't attepmted to run again. Of coures, a lot of runners of all aes ran past us. While we didn't ran past anyone.

She says she hates running because she has always been so bad at it. When she had to run a mile back in high-school she couln't do it and almost fainted.But she thinks that it's ok being able to walk in average speed and ride bike (also not fast).

Every type of cardio is exhorsting her. when we do any exercises she's the one who starts panting first and pants the most.

how did your girls react to the events they were bad at? 

Katrin is willing to train for 5k run in a month. She thinks that running will also help her to lose some of the extra weight.

how did your girls react to the events they were bad at? 

Erin thinks the abs are the weakest muslces of her. Even she can't run, her main concern are abs. She basically couldn't breath because of sorenes the next day abter sit-ups.

Kate doesn't care about fitness much. She has also signed-in to run that 5k but she isn't training.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, Shhxni said:

Please keep us updated about the race and the training. must be really hot watching them out of breath in tight running clothes...

So the race took place last weekend. Katrin was training a bit, but Kate didn't train at all.

It was a hot day so they both wore really skimpy outfits. Running shorts and sports bras. A lot of other female participants wore the same, but most of them had firm bellies. Kate and Katrin really stood out with their chubby / flabby abdomens.

They decided to run togeter to cheer up each other. They started slow no to tire out too fast. After the first lap (2,5 km, 20 minutes) of non-stop jogging was clear that Katrin have to take a break but Kate got competative and decided to try her best. So she ran off while Katrin looked really miserable and despaired.

20 mintues later I saw Kate approaching the finish line, face red, tongue literally out, trying to run obviously with last forces. After finishing she not just gasped for breath but literally wheezed and had to sit down. She sat that 5 mintues without moving just wheezing and gradually calming down her breathing.

Katrin came 15 minutes later also looked totally tired out.

Both girls agreed that they are too out of shape for running 5 km.

6 hours ago, Stella96 said:

It is true that times may seem horrible but consider that 5k is a lot. If one is not trained, it is difficult to run for so long

Kate has taken even bigger challenge. Next weekend 7 km trail run s taking place. She signed up for this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a brand new gym just next to my house. They offered a free introduction class. Me and my three girl roommates decided to take a group exercise class together.

It was a bodyweight cardio workout class with exercises for all muscle groups – arms, legs, abs. It showed out very clear how out of shape my roommates were. They failed to keep up and skipped a bunch of exercises.

They were already noticeably out of breath after a warm-up phase with jumping-jacks, high-knees and exercises like that. But burpees and other strength exercises really kicked their asses. They couldn’t do even a half of exercises in most of the sets and often skipped whole sets of exercises or even several sets in a row. A few burpees and they stopped. We had to do three sets of 10 burpees but just one of my roommates did all 10 burpees in a first set and than 6-7burpees in the following sets. The other two managed just 4 and 6 burpees in the first set and then skipped the next sets. They were pathetic at push-ups, not being able properly do even girl push-ups and mostly just lying on the floor when we should do any exercises requiring upper body strength. Also they were the first ones who failed doing all kind of ab exercises and were just lying there while the rest of the class continued doing sit-ups, russian twists, leg rises, planking or whatsoever. They couldn’t keep up even with leg exercises and skipped a lot of squats, lunges and so on.

I really hope for another sessions!

• 2 months later...

I'm a big fan of indoor orienteering. Last weekend I got my three out of shape female roommates to run with me. The race included a lot of stairs, and one stage was continuously running up  6 floors . None of my girls could stand that! Huffing, puffing, leaning on their knees, gasping for breath. Seriously had to take a minute or too just standing/leaning with arms on knees to regain a little breath before they could continue moving. And their "running"during the race was generally pathetically slow and with walking breaks overall. All stairs and half of the other race was just walking or super slow jogging, not real running. And afterwards they were very kandid talking about being out of shape and needing to do some exercising. I really to get them to thenext indoor orienteering event!