Stargirl Cupcakes

lakers4life

Guest Extreme Softness

You guys going to be out on Sunday?

I'm in Ohio... lol so nope, but I'll surely be online!

> computer broken

> this isn't the 90s

Sorry.

I will never forget the date of December 31st, 1999, when Otto von Steamwhistle pioneered the world's first unbreakable computer, which went on to replace all other computers.

Guest Extreme Softness

Lol you guys are silly! I've lived around Ohio my entire life, mostly in Columbus but I did live in Mentor for a while. (I think that's near Cleveland?) I like it here though. :)

Guest Extreme Softness

Might as well explain the tragic loss of my computer. I've had it for a while, the battery was messed up (wouldn't charge past 65%). the webcam wouldn't connect, and some other minor things. I paid a crap load for a protection plan on it when I first got it, so after getting so fed up with it not working right I took it in to be fixed, and they fixed it perfectly! Yay! Then after I got it back and turned it on... nope! Nothing. It acts like it's loading the system then nothing. Sometimes just stays black screen, sometimes random code. My techy friend looked at it and can't figure it out. Tried to wipe the system and reinstall Windows, still won't work. I contacted Geek Squad who I had the plan through and get this crap... I only paid (HUNDREDS!) for the protection plan, I had to have paid even more for the system restore plan whatever it's called. But I didn't because I didn't realize there was a difference. So physically I have a perfectly awesome laptop that can do everything I need it to, except actually load itself. :( Hope that made sense! I'm really heart broken over it since I used it for modeling and gaming!

Lol you guys are silly! I've lived around Ohio my entire life, mostly in Columbus but I did live in Mentor for a while. (I think that's near Cleveland?) I like it here though. :)

Yeah, Mentor is *technically* a Cleveland suburb. lol

Might as well explain the tragic loss of my computer. I've had it for a while, the battery was messed up (wouldn't charge past 65%). the webcam wouldn't connect, and some other minor things. I paid a crap load for a protection plan on it when I first got it, so after getting so fed up with it not working right I took it in to be fixed, and they fixed it perfectly! Yay! Then after I got it back and turned it on... nope! Nothing. It acts like it's loading the system then nothing. Sometimes just stays black screen, sometimes random code. My techy friend looked at it and can't figure it out. Tried to wipe the system and reinstall Windows, still won't work. I contacted Geek Squad who I had the plan through and get this crap... I only paid (HUNDREDS!) for the protection plan, I had to have paid even more for the system restore plan whatever it's called. But I didn't because I didn't realize there was a difference. So physically I have a perfectly awesome laptop that can do everything I need it to, except actually load itself. :( Hope that made sense! I'm really heart broken over it since I used it for modeling and gaming!

As for this-- you might still be able to salvage the hard drive.  It sounds like a hardware problem.  If you had a desktop, normally I'd say go and fix that yourself.  But laptops are notoriously picky, the parts are a bitch to get to, and depending on the brand you have-- the components are pretty shit.  If you know anybody who's good with computers, and you're comfortable, and trust them enough to copy or merge all your stuff (without looking at or sneaking away the modeling files)- then do that.  Then see about getting a used compy off like eBay; or seeing if BestBuy or MicroCenter have refurbished models on the cheap.