The Future of Obesity

Belly worshipper

3 hours ago, MaisieMuffin said:

I mean, think of what might have been achieved if all the time, money and resources that have been dedicated to eradicating fatness had instead been put toward treating health conditions regardless of weight. The huge portion of society that has been committed to making people thin has pretty much failed across the board. They like to pretend that fat people are a historical anomaly- that they didn't really exist in the past and shouldn't exist in the future. And while there are correlations between higher weights and health complications, this isn't really the root of their concern: their fatphobia is rooted more deeply in aesthetic, moral and status concerns.

As far as medical interventions for weight-loss, bariatric surgery is usually pretty effective, but also requires lifelong side effects/consequences. Pills, etc. that induce weight-loss, well... you'd pretty much have to stay on them indefinitely or regain the weight. Who knows what sort of side effects they'll come with, as artificially manipulating metabolism has traditionally not gone so well. But again, why not take the resources put toward weight-loss drugs and try to design medicines that, I don't know, provide some of the same positive health benefits of exercise, for example? It's pretty obvious that, as a whole, if there's less need for movement, we're going to move less. I don't quite see the point in trying to fight super common, innate tendencies of humanity.

I think this is an extreme take on the Healthcare field. People on here have to remember that being fat is a major part of our identities here, but it's mostly exclusive to this community. Most people in society don't really think much or have strong feeling about fat people from my experience. I also highly doubt there's many people going into the medical field because they're "fatphobic." I mean, it takes longer to get a career in this field than any other I can think of. You have to be truly dedicated to make it in this career, and I think the vast majority of people going into this field just care about the health of people. There are no I'll intentions. I also feel like the health risks associated with obesity are being undermined here. Osteoarthritis, strokes, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, gallbladder diseases, and plenty more. These are life-changing health risks. This is all a fetish and part of my identity, but that's it. Our desire to be overweight and obese is an instinctual sexual desire, and it's perfectly fine to work towards our goals of becoming such or appreciating such. The thing is it comes at a cost, and that's okay. Most people here are willing to take the risks of their health to fulfill their desires. That doesn't make it right for us to villainize people who are dedicating their lives to better the health of others. Keep in mind, obesity is just one of many aspects of the health field. It's probably nowhere close to as big of a deal to anyone else because it isn't so closely tied to their identity like us.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is let others live their life and don't assume the worst of them. Let's just live our lives, and keep it at that. It doesn't need to be a big deal. Relax, everyone.

42 minutes ago, MaisieMuffin said:

Yes, I consider myself a feedist, but most of the information and beliefs I'm bringing here come from beyond this community. How aware and versed are in fat liberation, fat activism, etc.? Outside of your kink, do you have a clear fat-politic? Outside of faps and f**ks, what kind of ally are you?

Truly one of the most frustrating aspects of the feedism community is how ironically rife fatphobia still is here, at times more so than in many other non-feedist spaces and communities.

"Basically, what I'm trying to say is let others live their life and don't assume the worst of them."  - The exact advice that should be adopted by more people regarding their opinions and treatment of fat people.

In what way was anything I said "fat-phobic?" I don't need to be well-versed in fat liberation or whatever. I don't need to make this whole fat thing a huge part of myself. It's just a kink, and that's that. I said things that you didn't like to hear, and now you're trying to play this victim card. Fat people, such as myself, go through problems just like everyone else in every society. You're only a victim if you choose to be. Sure, I'm treated differently for my size every once in a while, but I just shrug it off and enjoy life. The unbelievably vast majority of people do not care at all that I'm big. No matter who you are, there's going to be people that will find something to criticize you over. That's just a part of life, and it isn't a big deal if you don't let it be. Just get some thick skin, man. I see this whole fat acceptance movement everywhere by the way. At every mall and most clothing stores, there's pictures of BBWs on the walls and bigger mannequins. You hear about it on the news every once in a while. You see it on places like Instagram, and there's a huge amount of support for it. That's fine. That's great. Good for the movement. I don't really care about it. I'm living fine as a fat guy. It seems like you need to relax, man. Not everyone needs to be as obsessed about this stuff as you. It's probably for the best. I'm not known as the fat guy. I'm known as the comic and musician to my friends and family because I worked on skills to improve myself.