Gaining with small appetite tips

prendiumable

Hi all,

My SO is interested in putting on some pounds (yay!), but she's always had a relatively small appetite. She does like to snack, but this often eats into (pun intended) her bigger meals, which doesn't add too much to her daily intake. She also doesn't like/want to drink soda and prefers gaining weight in a healthy manner. I've suggested 🌿 to induce munchies, but this also doesn't align with her health goals.

If you have any tips on how to help us out, we'd very much appreciate it!

• Curvage Model

I've been dealing with health issues since mid September that have caused me to lose weight, not be able to eat, and makes food not taste good. 

It sucks because before that I wasn't necessarily actively gaining, but I love food and love to eat. I'm definitely a foodie!!

So what I've been doing to stop from losing and trying to regain what I lost or at least maintain is I've been adding protein drinks into my daily routine. I also eat gummies if I know I'm going to want to eat a lot. 

Last night for instance I went to a Chinese buffet. Normally I can eat one good sized plate almost full with a small second plate of dessert. Last night I ate a 10 mg gummy before leaving for the restaurant. My first plate was so full stuff was falling off, my second plate was also fairly full with food and dessert, my third plate was pudding and a few cookies. I ate that and after a few minutes I went up and got a bowl half full of pudding! I haven't ate that much in years.  

Gummies definitely work for me! 

If I start working out I'll be adding some weight gainer shakes in, just so I'm still consuming enough to gain and not lose.  

So I'll be researching that more soon.

3 hours ago, Chunky Vixen 73 said:

I've been dealing with health issues since mid September that have caused me to lose weight, not be able to eat, and makes food not taste good. 

It sucks because before that I wasn't necessarily actively gaining, but I love food and love to eat. I'm definitely a foodie!!

So what I've been doing to stop from losing and trying to regain what I lost or at least maintain is I've been adding protein drinks into my daily routine. I also eat gummies if I know I'm going to want to eat a lot. 

Last night for instance I went to a Chinese buffet. Normally I can eat one good sized plate almost full with a small second plate of dessert. Last night I ate a 10 mg gummy before leaving for the restaurant. My first plate was so full stuff was falling off, my second plate was also fairly full with food and dessert, my third plate was pudding and a few cookies. I ate that and after a few minutes I went up and got a bowl half full of pudding! I haven't ate that much in years.  

Gummies definitely work for me! 

If I start working out I'll be adding some weight gainer shakes in, just so I'm still consuming enough to gain and not lose.  

So I'll be researching that more soon.

Thanks for the tip! I guess with gummies you mean thc ones? Because my SO is really not into that unfortunately, and I'm not gonna force her into something like that of course. I also make healthy high calorie shakes for her whenever she feels like it. 

Just a quick question, do you get high from those gummies? Or do you take just enough to get munchies but not enough to get high? 

1 hour ago, extra_m13 said:

snacking is probably the way with small apetites, little by little, one pizza here, heavier things. and hopefully get some nicegaining vibes rolling 

I always try to keep everything she's weak for within reach. I'll be rummaging the storage for many snacks and dropping them near her and she always laughs hahah. 

• Curvage Model
17 minutes ago, prendiumable said:

Thanks for the tip! I guess with gummies you mean thc ones? Because my SO is really not into that unfortunately, and I'm not gonna force her into something like that of course. I also make healthy high calorie shakes for her whenever she feels like it. 

Just a quick question, do you get high from those gummies? Or do you take just enough to get munchies but not enough to get high? 

Yes the one's with THC in them are the ones I take. I originally started taking them for pain. I don't typically take them to get high. But I do on occasion. I did for my chugging video. LOL

And I most of the time miro dose. Only half so 5 mg. at a time.  I've worked up to being able to take a 10 mg and still not get high. And different ones will give me more munchies than others. There are also more benefits I won't discuss now. 😉

• Curvage Model

It sounds like you're actually doing a great job so far! It takes time to build up to eating large portions of food, so if she's got a small appetite and isn't really looking to change that in a drastic way, the small steps are best. Maybe instead of focusing on the bigger meals, since she snacks throughout the day, making sure those snacks are calorically dense, but "empty"- that might help when the meals do come around, since those could be nutritionally dense instead. The protein shakes are definitely something to look at, too. 

You might also want to consider her metabolism. Some people just don't gain weight as quickly/easily as others. Where me and my partner might spend a week eating the same foods and amounts, I'll definitely gain pounds, and he won't budge at all on the scale. Her activity level will also play a huge part, too. Muscle is gonna weigh more than the fat, but it's not going to look the same, if she's going for additional flabby goodness. 

Maybe having a sit-down about what exactly she's looking for (is it a number on the scale or an aesthetic component?) and then looking at her physiology to see the best course of action. If she's wanting to do it in a healthier manner, it's probably going to come down to a long-haul numbers game rather than trying to gorge herself until she pops. Unless she finds out that she's actually into that, in which case- full steam ahead!

5 hours ago, prendiumable said:

I always try to keep everything she's weak for within reach. I'll be rummaging the storage for many snacks and dropping them near her and she always laughs hahah. 

Yeah I do the same with my partner. Her weakness is chocolate so I'll always make sure we've got plenty in. I'll ask her in the evening if she fancies some and then break up a 250g bar into small pieces. She'll be adamant it's too much but it's never in the bowl long...

Buying cream cakes 2 at a time is also working well 🙂

I have no expreince with small appitites really. What I do know is over time if you feed an appitite it will grow. As weight goes up,so does  her need to eat more. Slowly increase portions. An exra spoonful will add up to alot over time.  Its a long slow journey. I find a food log helps, you can see growth over time.

As for weight gain we found  my wifes ticket to pounds was grazing. the big meals help ofcourse. But when she was grazing well she always packed onthe pounds.  Grazing as I  talk about it isntju eating lots of junk only. There was plenty of that of course.  What I would do, when I put lefovers (another topic but important on) away, I put them in meal size and snack size portions. 

All the chug a shake stufff is fun. But I just dont see hat as a long term plan. 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:40 PM, Doe_Nylie said:

You might also want to consider her metabolism. Some people just don't gain weight as quickly/easily as others. 

Maybe having a sit-down about what exactly she's looking for (is it a number on the scale or an aesthetic component?) and then looking at her physiology to see the best course of action.

Yeah, she has quite a fast metabolism. I know for a fact that if I ate like her, I'd balloon in no time. She just very slowly puts on some pounds, if any. Not that I don't love her and her body all the same. 🥰

For now, she's just happy to let go for me. She's comfortable in her skin and says a bit of extra weight won't impact that. She isn't into the fetish though and doesn't want to force anything. That's why we're trying to find out how to make it work so that we both win. 😁

10 hours ago, Drum2 said:

What I would do, when I put lefovers (another topic but important on) away, I put them in meal size and snack size portions. 

All the chug a shake stufff is fun. But I just dont see hat as a long term plan. 

Grazing will indeed be the best thing to try to have her eat more, as she's already a snacker. 

I also always make sure that when we have dinner and we'll have leftovers, to eat a little bit less myself so that she'll have more when she eats it for breakfast or lunch the next day. 😈

Yeah, she's also a bit reluctant sometimes, which takes the fun out of it for both of us... 

Just now, prendiumable said:

Making a snack bowl that let's her graze it all is a great idea! 

Glad to help ☺️  The breaking up into small pieces is the important bit and to be honest it seems to work for everything...

I ordered a large cake today (about 12" square, about 2.5" deep with butter cream and jam in the middle and topped with pink icing and sugar sprinkles) for valentines day. If I'd cut her a massive slice, she'd probably have eaten it but said she was too full for any more. By cutting her smaller pieces, she doesn't get too full and she'll have more pieces. Almost half the cake is gone and I've only had a piece...