Guest fantluszczu

Who will win the fight? SSBBW woman vs slim man
Do you think a very obese woman (5'4 "-5'10" and 350 pounds) would be able to beat a tall skinny man (eg 6'3 "and 170 pounds) in a fight?

SSBBW would have a huge mass advantage, but would it translate into strength? In my opinion, yes
In wrestling, grappling, a guy wouldn't pick her up or take her down, and she could take him down easily.
In boxing / K-1 the chances would be more even, but if a woman punch him in the face he would have to be knocked out. After all, weight translates into the strength of the punch.

What's your opinion? Who would win?

Guest JDArg93

Well depends on if the skinny man had MMA training, then he could have an advantage - factoring in speed, strength, dodging, etc. What is important is not giving the opponent a chance to grapple by moving constantly

For example: If say I got into a fight with someone who was heavier than me, I'd use that against him and strike while keeping my distance and avoid blocking (any type of blow is dangerous regardless).
Of course, most people so far haven't got into any fights with me since they know it's not worth it but it is an interesting topic nonetheless

Guest fantluszczu

Suppose both of them have no training experience.
I think the mass of the SSBBW would be decisive and someone inexperienced would not be able to defend themselves and would be easily grounded.
On the ground floor, punches or smother choke (Paczków vs McSweeney) and game over.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, JDArg93 said:

Well depends on if the skinny man had MMA training, then he could have an advantage - factoring in speed, strength, dodging, etc. What is important is not giving the opponent a chance to grapple by moving constantly

For example: If say I got into a fight with someone who was heavier than me, I'd use that against him and strike while keeping my distance and avoid blocking (any type of blow is dangerous regardless).
Of course, most people so far haven't got into any fights with me since they know it's not worth it but it is an interesting topic nonetheless

Guest JDArg93

Well that's going to make it interesting if neither had training. In that case, if the guy is keeping his distance and moving, it would tire out his opponent

Guest fantluszczu

An amateur would rather not be able to keep his charging rival at distance for long time. If SSBBW had stamina for a minute, it would be enough to get caught in a clinch. And wrestling with an opponent weighing over 350lbs would have ended badly.

Guest JDArg93

Can't argue with that logic. You make an interesting point. Of course I'd ask myself - "How did I get into this situation?"

Guest fantluszczu

Of course, if he had the fatigue skills of his opponent, he would have a chance. All you need is a technique to take down someone so heavy, even if they are tired. If only a woman was fully fit, in my opinion she has to win.
When I imagine myself in such a fight, I have no idea.
Even though I am tall and athletic (I play volleyball), I don't see a chance for myself. Especially if the ring was small. I know the basics of K1, but I don't think I would have knocked out before she caught me. And on the ground floor I would be crushed (As in the fight Paczkow vs McSweeney). 

Can you imagine any other way to win than tired of your opponent? (Assuming that the fight takes place in a small area with no room to escape)

It is also interesting if both of them had skills.
Then the guy's chances are significantly increased. But he still would have to be careful not to end up on his back

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 8:25 AM, rychurikard said:

Who will win the fight? SSBBW woman vs slim man
Do you think a very obese woman (5'4 "-5'10" and 350 pounds) would be able to beat a tall skinny man (eg 6'3 "and 170 pounds) in a fight?

SSBBW would have a huge mass advantage, but would it translate into strength? In my opinion, yes
In wrestling, grappling, a guy wouldn't pick her up or take her down, and she could take him down easily.
In boxing / K-1 the chances would be more even, but if a woman punch him in the face he would have to be knocked out. After all, weight translates into the strength of the punch.

What's your opinion? Who would win?

I’m the same height as you and about 50lbs heavier, not ultra athletic these days but still fit. I’ve never boxed with a bbw and don’t intend to, but I have wrestled several (pin matches) including my current gf. It’s a fool’s errand. They generally have an incredibly low center of gravity due to their hips/legs and some can be surprisingly strong. Unless you’re close to their weight, which most athletic guys like us are not, you’ll be pinned, often flattened, most every time. It’s a hell of an experience though. 

Guest JDArg18

Hmm. An interesting way of how you see it. I did try a while back BJJ but ended up injuring myself from it. But it made me realise - Muay Thai/Boxing is better for me and easier to learn.
In regards to a BBW having a low centre of gravity, that was something I didn't consider and puts a new spin on it. Looks are deceiving and sounds like it is a heck of an experience

Yep, my gf has wide hips and subsequently has the center of gravity of a boulder. We only do it for fun, but when she actually "tries" I literally can't move her in any direction. Her outweighing me by almost 100lbs is also a contributing factor. It's less about athleticism or skill as it is about weight and where that weight's stored.

Guest JDArg18

Heh. Makes sense. At least that is important to hear you both do this for fun. And after I've discussed about this, it's been quite informative knowing what is involved. Thanks for that