When they get TOO big?

Guest Mr Froggy

I don't really know what my upper limit is. In high school, beginning to come to terms with and understand this preference, I lusted after BBW girls but not SSBBWs (although these were quite rare). The ceiling sort of slowly expanded from there...except that I'm not into "600 lb life" and I'm not attracted to immobility or significant disability. I do, however, find it kinda hot when she's fat enough that it causes some inconveniences (not fitting into restaurant booths, struggling with clothes, that sort of thing). Also, and I've never really known how to express this, there is a different kind of fascination for me between a hot overweight gal and a really huge gal. The former is a pure, clear desire, the latter a murkier sort of sexual awe. So it's a vague boundary.

6 hours ago, BindsThatTie said:

The only time I had negative thoughts in this vein was last summer when a group of my college buddies organized a hiking trip at this state park about 4hrs away. My wife was convinced she wanted to go. I tried talking her out of it, but she really wanted to see these old acquaintances and she used to love hiking.

Right off the bat, she had to continually stop at gas stations the entire way that made us late and was starting to irritate my friends in the car. Wanting to hit the trail, my friends then conceded to her to eat an early lunch before starting. She gorged on this ridiculous fried chicken meal w/multiple appetizers. Once we got to the gorge, the trail was quite challenging and my wife was struggling within 25min: sweating profusely, can't catch her breath, knees aching, needing to take stops that had us way behind my friends. After about an hour and half my friends noticed how bad she was struggling and called an end to what was supposed to be a nice communal day long hike. Once back at the car, she of course awkwardly brought up eating again.

Every time my wife brought up "are you guys hungry" they responded "not really".The whole day was quite a sh*t show. And two of my buddies hadn't seen her since she gained 100lbs. I think they were just stunned at what a completely different person she was. It left me questioning "gosh, how is she going to be if she gains another 100?"

Some good posts on this thread about the more challenging aspects which can accompany being with a SSBBW. There's no question - if you are into very large partners AND enjoy an active lifestyle AND expect your partner to participate in that lifestyle, you're probably headed for a collision. And there is also no question that, if the relationship is long term, you are at higher risk of having a partner with significant health issues, unfortunately.

For me, some of the problem dissolves simply because I never expected my partner and I to do everything together, necessarily. I'm perfectly happy to do activity X with my friends, or solo, if she's not into it. That removes many potential areas of conflict or frustration. On the other hand, there are still worries. We never traveled much but we've talked about visiting Europe within the next few years, assuming COVID permits. But she's 320 lbs right now, moves slowly, and gets physically tired quite easily. Given her tendency to steadily gain 7-8 lbs per year, she could well be closer to 335-340 by the time we're getting serious about it. Imagine paying thousands on a vacation and then not being able to see the sights, spending most of your time in cafes or sitting on benches, because your partner is too fat to walk a lot?

This sort of thing is totally different from the question of finding a person "too big" to be physically attractive. It can definitely put limits on your lifestyle as a couple though. A mature FA should think about these possibilities and not be blindsided by them, IMHO.