Cyberpunk 2077; Playing as a fat girl in video games

Guest Verlorener

• Curvage Model

I can sympathize with and relate to all of this. After putting on some weight recently, especially after having been fairly slim all my life, I've become ever conscious of the size of other people around me, in real life and in media. Due to my insecurities, I've been feeling reassured and comforted by the presence of fatter people and more self-conscious and uncomfortable around thin people.

Besides all that, I've been on the lookout for some new games to play and.... yeah, finding myself a little put off by the endless supply of ultra-slim, super-fit physiques. Sadly, I think the video game industry is going to be the last place we're going to see much fat representation, and it's not going to happen until there are more women working within the industry.

I would be thrilled to get to play as a cute, fat girl. I'm sure the majority of developers and designers right now would find that laughable and "unrealistic," as video games tend to be mostly action and movement oriented and thus, in their minds, the realm of thin people. 

• Curvage Model
On 10/9/2020 at 1:10 AM, Verlorener said:

My profile pic is of Rose Quartz, a cute fat woman from Steven universe, and actually it was that show‘s positive portrayal of her that helped me start feeling better about myself and reject the pressure to be thinner. 

Steven Universe is one of my very favorite shows! And yeah, it does better than almost any other show at representing diverse body types.