Dating people who do not feel confortable with you at your size in public

AnnaOli

It's unfortunately an age old stigma born out of humanities constant chase for perfection. Often enough both men and women find it incredibly difficult to enter the big beautiful men or women's dating pool because they're so absolutely terrified of cutting out the people in their lives who wouldn't ever be happy for them. Like mentioned above contributing factors like mainstream media and societal expectations, they very much mould these people who are afraid to think for themselves into judgemental and unhappy members of society.

Personally being an introvert and most of my life very much entertaining myself through my own hobbies and goals, I've found it rather easy to empower myself so that I'm able to live my life without any pressure or fear of the mainstream insecurities. I have nobody else to impress other than myself and a significant other, as for the people in my small social circle, they are deliberately in that circle because they're very close to me and would be happy for me whenever I'd set my heart on anything in life.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that it can take a lot of work for some people who aren't as lucky as I am to land myself with a positive mindset and plenty of open-mindedness. There's a lot of people who don't like the idea of thinking for themselves, and there's a lot of people who are just simply too lazy or careless to work on themselves either, hence the typical rebound scenarios like @AnnaOli touched on.