Another true (and too personal) WG story

Lautaro_OHiggins

My two cents to the matter.

Dec. 2007 – 59 kg (130 lbs)

I met her (let’s call her Natalia) back in South America, in Maldonado – where I was from. An upper-class, fair-skinned, 1.60 m, 23-year old Paraguayan girl. She was cheerful and kind. Her laugh was contagious. She had (dark) brown hair, medium length. Her eyes were even greener than now. We soon became boyfriend and girlfriend, and then she returned to Asunción del Paraguay – where she lived with her mother and sister. The following months I’d spend a lot of money on international calls, and a lot of time writing e-mails to her and chatting with her.

April 2008 – 62 kg (137 lbs)

I flew to Asunción and went to visit her when Easter came around. I met her mother (also 1.60 m, perhaps 105 kg / 231 lbs?) and younger sister (quite slim and attractive), and we all had a very good time together. I noticed through some living-room pictures that her mother used to be quite athletic, and rather thin. Natalia would mention at some point that her mom gained a lot of weight over the years, especially after her father passed away.

Dec. 2008 – 63 kg (139 lbs)

I spent NYE and part of the summer in Asunción. We were lying on the ground for hours, sunbathing, and enjoying their swimming pool. Natalia would usually wear an orange bikini, size 3, and her mother (at approx. 105 kg) a bathing suit – floral design. We had a great time together!

March 2009 – 61 kg (134 lbs)

Natalia told me her aunt (in the States) invited her to spend 4 or 5 months with her, so as to babysit her son (the nephew of Natalia). We discussed it and thought it was a good idea; perhaps the savings she’d bring could help us finally live together?

Sept. 2009 – 69 kg (152 lbs)

I flew to Asunción, and went to the airport with her mother and relatives, to welcome her back. Yes, she brought some USDs from the Midwest, and also some extra £ pounds. She was quite chubbier, and so happy to see me!

Jan. 2010 – 65 kg (143 lbs)

We spent the summer in Asunción, with her mom and sister. The orange bikini (size 3) was still around, and her mom was still wearing her floral design swimsuits.

Aug. 2010 – 60 kg (132 lbs)

Natalia and I finally moved together, to a rather small town in the Uruguayan countryside. I was working as a mechanical engineer, for the largest milk producer of Uruguay. Natalia (soon after) joined a local secondary school as an art teacher. My parents (living in Maldonado, approx. 2 hours away) were really happy to have us in Uruguay, and came to visit us many times over the first few months.

Jan. 2011 – 64 kg (141 lbs)

That summer we went to Maldonado. My family was very welcoming with Natalia, and immediately fell in love her. Natalia would either wear the (old) orange bikini, or a similar (also kind of small) one in green – size 3 as well.

May 2011 – 68 kg (150 lbs)

I guess that if you go out for dinner very often, and spend a lot of time watching movies in your brand new sofa and eating M&Ms you will gain some weight. Natalia did, indeed. I did not. (Perhaps because, unlike my girlfriend, I’ve been always into sports, and running and cycling?)

Dec. 2011 – 65 kg (143 lbs)

We split the summer between Maldonado (Uruguay) and Asunción; between my rather sporty family (loads of activities, all the time!) and her indolent mother – that was back then weighing around 110 kg.

April 2012 – 69 kg (152 lbs)

Natalia turned 28, and started taking the pill. She also started having problems at school, with some parents. And her mom was missing her a lot, and wanted us to go and live in Paraguay.

Jan. 2013 – 78 kg (172 lbs)

Maldonado. No more orange bikini nor green bikini for Natalia. Now she’d wear a size 4, with more of a classic cut – light blue, with some yellow. She’d eventually complain about her weight, but not as much as you’d expect. My parents, on the other hand, made comments every now and then. As a New Year wish, Natalia decided to stop with the pills, and start exercising and dieting.

Sep. 2013 – 67 kg (148 lbs)

Natalia leaves the school she was working in, and starts giving private art lessons. I start to have some problems with my job.

Jan. 2014 – 66 kg (145 lbs)

We go back to Paraguay for the summer, and my girlfriend goes back to the green bikini (size 3). Her mom is now @ 115 kg, wearing a dark blue (rather boring) bathing suit. The sister of Natalia (younger than my girlfriend) announces she will get married by the end of the year.

Oct. 2014 – 73 kg (161 lbs)

Was the anxiety / discomfort of having her young sister getting married before than her causing Natalia to gain weight? On the other hand, my mother in law was becoming desperate to lose weight for the wedding – and apparently becoming quite succesful at it.

Dec. 2014 – 77 kg (170 lbs)

Natalia’s sister gets married. Natalia was almost at her all-time top weight, and her mom was now around 88 kg. The wedding (in Asunción) was a lot of fun! Once the newlyweds left to Thailand (honeymoon) my girlfriend and I stayed for a month in Asunción, with her mother. Swimming pool days, most of them. The light-blue (with some yellow) size 4 bikini was back. Her mother, on the other hand, was now wearing a nicer swimsuit (a bit smaller, more juvenile?) – and even confessed tone day that she bought herself a two-piece bathing suit (a large bikini, dark blue) that she did not dare to wear, after all. “Do you want to have it?” – she asked one day to Natalia, before quickly replying to herself that “no, no… it’s too big for you; what am I thinking?”

Jun. 2015 – 74 kg (163 lbs)

I am unemployed, and the Uruguayan unemployment insurance scheme is far from being good. For a few months we had difficult times. Then I found a job – in the States!

Jan. 2016 – 73 kg (161 lbs)

We spent the summer in Uruguay, altogether. Our last summer in South America for a few years. Natalia’s mother (now at 95 kg?) and her sister came from Paraguay, and my parents and other relatives spent a lot of time with us too. It was the last light-blue (with some yellow) size 4 bikini summer.

April 2018 – 88 kg (194 lbs)

What can I say? We all know how life in the States can go – especially when you just move there. And Natalia was turning 34, and apparently we were not able to have kids…

Dec. 2018 – 84 kg (185 lbs)

We finally managed to travel to South America, over the South American summer. First we spent some days in Asunción, then a few days in Uruguay. My mother in law was @ 105 kg, wearing one of her old bathing suits – floral design. Natalia was using the large, dark blue, size 5 bikini that her mom offered her years ago. We had a great time together. And of course, the “weight” issue pop up multiple times, particularly in Uruguay.

Jan. 2019 – 93 kg (205 lbs)

We did not manage to go to South America. My parents were noticing (over Skype and Facetime) my wife was quite overweight, but did not dare to say much, I believe. They probably understood Natalia was not having a good time with her sister having kids, and us not being able (we discovered that in 2018) to have kids. But hey, we had a dog now – and our finance was better than ever!

Dec. 2019 – 107 kg (236 lbs)

Another Christmas and NYE in the States, not being able to see our South American relatives. We did visit Natalia’s relatives in the Midwest though. And yes, they were quite surprised to see Natalia in her black leggings, and big sweater, eating Christmas sweets like if anything happened to her.

Jul. 2020 – 118 kg (260 lbs)

COVID-19… It does not help much, does it? We recently received a package from Paraguay. Natalia told her mom we had a swimming pool now, and we were spending a lot of time there. Her mom sent her a nice present: her dark blue (rather boring) bathing suit she wore in back in Jan. 2014, when she was @ 115 kg. “You can have it, Natty… I hardly ever use it, as I lost some weight now and I am back @ 85 kg! Love, mom”. My family, on the other hand, keep asking me to send them pictures of the two of us in the pool – and I still don’t know what to do...