Wonder Woman: Willpowerless

maxymumspyder

Trying something new I've had on my mind for awhile - a superheroine weight gain story. We'll see how this goes.

Part 1

Wonder Woman awoke to a giant crash. Her vision, still blurry, was even more obstructed by the cloud of smoke that filled the room. Her instincts were to fight, but she felt her wrists bound at the gauntlets by an unbreakable rope, fastened around her waist and an anchor on the cold steel wall.

In the ensuing melee, Wonder Woman could make out the voices of Giganta, Cheetah, and even Circe. She could make out what could only be described as a warm, blue and white blur, moving at unimaginable speeds. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice.

“Diana, it’s Bruce,” whispered the familiar voice, “we’re here to get you the hell out of here.”

Diana woke up again, in what felt like weeks later. However, only a few hours had passed by. She was back safely in Justice League Headquarters. Bruce Wayne sat by foot of her bed, watching The Man of Steel give a press conference on the television.

“Wonder Woman fought valiantly today. The lives that she saved from the attack on Metropolis were innumerable. We all owe her an incredible debt of gratitude,” said Superman.

“Superman! Superman! Lois Lane of the Daily Planet!!! I have to ask, where were you and the rest of the League in all of this?”

“I received a distress call from a space probe that I needed to attend to. I rushed back as soon as I received word from Batman. I am very grateful I was able to get back in time in order to assist Batman in his rescue efforts.”

“What about the state of the city? The damage done during this battle was incalculable. This is the fourth battle in the last 18 months of its size. Would your presence have ended the conflict quicker? And what of Batman? His greatness is far more rooted in his skills as detective than that of a physical specim…”

Superman cut her off, “We never know when these catastrophic events can occur. I’m just thankful Wonder Woman was available and on the scene. Without her, there’s no telling how many lives would have been lost. As for Batman, he may be our most important asset!”

“What of Wonder Woman and her condition, Superman?”

“She’s fine. No further questions!”

Bruce shut the television off.

“I think you’re quite the physical specimen, Bruce,” said Diana.

Bruce ignored her musings. “How are you feeling, Diana?”

“I’m a little tired, but I feel fine. Looks like Cheetah left quite a gash on my left arm… I think.”

“Do you remember anything?”

“No, and that’s what’s most frightening.”

“No matter, you fought valiantly. Do you remember how you ended up bounded in that bunker?”

Diana grimaced, whether it was from pain or embarrassment was undeterminable. She looked at the dressing on her arm.

“… All I know is that it’s embarrassing that I was bound up in my own lasso. No word of this to the others, okay?”

Bruce smiled. “They’re off on another world mission anyway. And not a word… Princess.”

Diana felt a strange feeling. Exhaustion. She looked at Bruce sternly.

“I’m serious.”

“And I’m serious, it’s time for you to get some rest. I must return to Gotham now. I’ll check in on you in a few days.”

Bruce sat in the Batcave, reviewing the footage available from the battle a few days prior.

“Master Bruce, your lunch, as requested. And this morning’s edition of the Daily Planet.”

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DEFENDERS OR DESTROYERS? THE CITY REBUILDS

“Thank you, Alfred.”

“No a great headline, is it, Master Bruce?”

“I think not, Alfred. But without us, what are they?”

Alfred did not reply. He watched the video of the battle as Bruce played it back.

“She fights with such passion and intensity, doesn’t she, Master Bruce?”

“She does Alfred. And selflessly, without any regard for herself.”

“And according to this headline, city property.”

Bruce smiled, “you can’t rebuild lives, Alfred.”

“But property, sir?”

“Property, Alfred.”

“Shall I have another check drafted and sent in for the rebuild, sir?”

“Anonymously.”

“Of course, sir. We wouldn’t, after-all, want a tax reimbursement now would we?” Alfred reply, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

“That will be all, Alfred.”

“Diana, Bruce and I talked about it. We think some time off is what’s needed right now. It’s only been a couple of days. We need to lay low for a little bit while some of the press blows over. Besides, those three aren’t going to see the light of day for a long time,” said Superman.

“I don’t understand why we’re so afraid of the press,” said Diana, angrily.

“We’re an official organization and believe it or not, we need to be mindful of our PR. It all comes with the territory.”

Diana shook her head, “fine, I’ll head back to the island then and be with my people.”

“No need. Bruce has something setup for you in Gotham. It’s low profile, but it’ll enable us to keep an eye on you while you recover.”

“No thank you, I’m fine,” said Diana, as she struggled to sit up in bed. She still hadn’t fully recovered from the battle a few days earlier. She felt strangely fatigued.

“Look, we have no idea what those three did to you while you were held captive. Consider it precautionary. I’ll stand watch in the meantime. Besides, a little relaxation might do you well.”

Diana scowled. He was right.

“Alright, we’ll arrange transportation immediately.”

Diana gave in, which is something she never did. For once, she put her indomitable will aside and acquiesced. Vacation sounded good.

Part 2

“It sucks, Bruce. I’m so bored. How long is this going to last,” said Diana, speaking with Bruce over the videoconference on her laptop.

“Until we’re confident whatever Cheetah did to you will heal and that you’re 100%. The story is already starting to die down.”

Diana looked over at the television, she had left the channel tuned into an episode of the O’Reilly Factor. Currently, she was being taken task on national television for being too reckless in battle.

“On tonight’s Factor, Is Wonder Woman a hero or one woman demolition team as Metropolis rebuilds?”

Diana shut the television off, “I don’t know about that one, Bruce.”

“How are you feeling, Diana?”

Diana lied. “I feel 1000%, Bruce. I’m ready for whatever comes through that door.”

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

“Well, tonight it’s deliver coming through that door. I took the liberty and had Alfred order you something. You’re on vacation after all. No need to tip him either.”

“I can take care of myself, Bruce. And take out? UGH.”

“You’re on vacation, so let someone else take care of you.”

Diana shook her head and shut the laptop closed. She stood up and answered the door in her robe. Bruce sent her two pepperoni pizzas.

“I guess an Amazonian needs to eat.”

Diana settled in on the couch and flipped channels. She had to admit, Bruce set her up with a nice place in the outskirts of Gotham. She would’ve been a bit happier to been closer to the city, but she understood the reasons why. In a way, it felt strangely good to let someone else call the shots for once.

She dug into the pizza. It felt strangely relaxing to be eating some takeout and flip channels aimlessly. She did her best to stay away from the news. The Justice League was a leading narrative on almost every channel of consequence. It didn’t take long before she drifted softly to sleep.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Diana sprung to quickly. It was only 11:15pm, she must have been asleep for the last two or three hours. She crept to the door, not knowing what might be lurking behind it.

“It’s me, Diana.”

Diana looked through the peephole. It was Batman.

“Batman… knocks?”

“Why kick in a door that I’ll have to replace? I already cut a check to help out in the rebuild of Metropolis. I don’t need to fork over more money to Home Depot too.”

“Funny…”

“Besides, I’ve been knocking for the last ten minutes. Since when are you such a heavy sleeper anyway, smile Batman, under his cowl.”

Diana shook her head, “I thought we were keeping a low profile.”

“I’ve adopted the shadows, Diana. It’s a lot easier to blend into the dark when you’re all dressed in black, and not red, blue, and yellow,” retorted Bruce, as he took off his cowl and shut the door tightly behind him.

Diana cleared an empty pizza box off of the couch so that Bruce had a place to sit down.

“Ha! Well, I’m sure you don’t mind seeing that look alongside of you when I’m bailing you out of a butt kicking,” said Diana.

Bruce looked at Diana sternly, “You’re the one that’s laid up in a safe house, Diana.”

Diana searched for a retort, but strangely did not have one. She nodded and searched for another slice of pizza.

“Say, can we get this place stocked with some more food?”

“That won’t be a problem. We’ll have a grocery delivery tomorrow. Any other questions?”

“Nope.”

“How’s that injury healing?”

“Just fine, Bruce. Stop worrying about me.”

“Then let me see it,” said Bruce, reaching to pull her robe off her shoulder.

Diana grabbed his hand and stopped it cold. Bruce felt her Amazonian strength ringing through her grip. She was still a near demi-God, after all. He writhed his wrist away, barely breaking her grip.

He was thankful she let go.

“While you may see a lot of me in uniform, you will not be seeing me out of my robe. I’m only wearing my underwear after all,” said Diana.

Bruce didn’t press the issue. He simply took her word for it. The Dark Knight put his cowl back on.

“Alfred will be by early in the morning.”

“Could we get some workout equipment in here too, Bruce? I’m bored.”

“I don’t think we could get enough weights in here to get you to break a sweat without collapsing the floor, Diana.”

Before Diana could answer, the door shut. She shook her head. How long will this last?

And more importantly, how the hell did he break her grip?

“Great Hera!” shouted Diana, who shot up quickly as the door opened.

The morning light poured into the living room of the safe house. She was greeted by a smiling Alfred, carrying in two arm loads of groceries.

“Some help, Ms. Prince.”

Diana felt groggy. It was 10:30am. She couldn’t remember the last time she slept in that late. She wiped her eyes. Her anxiety calmed as she recognized Alfred.

“Mr. Pennyworth! Sorry to startle you!”

“I should be the one apologizing, it appears I have awoken you.”

“Oh no, I’ve been awake for awhile now. I just finished some morning calisthenics,” said Diana, lying through her teeth.

“Oh dear, then I am so sorry for knocking the past five minutes! I should have just waited.”

Diana turned a shade of crimson reminiscent of her Wonder Woman uniform. What a terrible lie. She was still wearing her robe from the night before, which she now realized was open, providing Alfred with a glimpse of matching turquoise bra and panties that she had underneath.

Not that Alfred minded the view. After all, he might be old, but long from dead.

“Let me put… uhhh… something on,” said Diana, quickly tying up the robe and lumbering toward the bedroom. A moment later, she came out in some sweats and a tank top.

“I’ll go out to the car Ms. Prince, I have a few more items to bring in.”

Diana noticed the angry red scar across her upper arm. It still hadn’t fully healed. This concerned her, as she reached to put on a sweatshirt draped across the chair. She didn’t want Alfred asking any questions.

Alfred returned and Diana helped him put away the groceries. It was a nondescript order, not unlike what you would see the average family purchase on a trip to the market. She did note there seemed to be a number of items that could only be classified as junk food.

“Do you need me to prepare some meals, Ms. Prince?”

“No Alfred, I’m a woman, I know how to cook!”

Diana couldn’t believed what she just said. Traditional gender roles, rooted in misogyny were not something a high born Amazonian Princess would support, never mind joke about.

“Hmm. Well, I’ll leave you to it then, Ms. Prince! Please, contact me directly for anything you might need.”

“What of the media narrative, Alfred? Are we still getting taken to task?”

“Just ignore it, Ms. Prince.”

Alfred smiled and left. Diana heeded Alfred’s advice, but only for a short while. She made some Pop-Tarts and plopped down on the couch.

It felt good to be sitting.

“Today on The View, we have Veronica Cale, founder of Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals. We have her on the show today to discuss the impact of Wonder Woman’s actions on not only Metropolis, but the world at large, and how it pertains to the Superhero’s place in the world.”

“No Whoopi, more like her place in it.”

“Well, lets get right to it then! You’ve been outspoken recently when it comes to Wonder Woman. Why is that?”

“Her message of peace is too simplistic, it’s a fools errand. She exists in a world where she is a super strong, super fast, nearly invisible God. Her idea of peace is one that’s not tenable, nor is it grounded in reality. Not too mention, her definition of peace is one in which there is no peace. Just look at the destruction of Metropolis.”

“Veronica, that’s an awfully strong statement. What about the countless lives that have been saved by her efforts, and that of the Justice League?”

“Oh sure, we cannot discount the efforts of Superman, Batman, and the rest of the League. However, at what cost has this come at, both in blood and treasure? What about the lives that have been lost? Are we really better off with a super powered Amazonian, running rough shot over everyone? Perhaps maybe the threats we’re facing are a direct response to overpowered superheroines like Wonder Woman?”

“Those are all good points. However, who is to say those threats wouldn’t be just as strong without the presence of the Justice League?” replied the host.

“Or more importantly, Wonder Woman, Ms. Goldberg. I still think that human beings, such as you and I, are capable of extraordinary things, especially when it comes to protecting ourselves. What of the rule of law? Does Wonder Woman respect that? To whom does she answer to? A bunch of silly Gods? Superman? What of Batman, the only non-powered Justice League member that we know of currently? Perhaps he should be the ambassador of the people.”

“I think Batman would argue that they’re doing what needs to be done and supports Wonder Woman at every step.”

“Of course he does, that’s his teammate. And he clearly has no jurisdiction over her behavior. Look, we can fight crime and chaos the way we always have. With intelligent, sound strategy, and science. It’s how we won two World Wars. It’s how we’ve always kept ourselves safe.”

“You accuse Wonder Woman of being idealistic, but isn’t that statement equally as naive?

“No, it’s not. We can always level the playing field. It’s all about science.”

“Speaking of science, what types of projects is your company, Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals involved in anyway? There has been some criticism levied your way in terms of your research and development pertaining to industry of mass agriculture and food production,” asked Rosie Perez, reminding everyone that she was also a co-host on the show.

“We are working on sustainable food supplies through science, Ms. Perez. The science of which, by the way, might go over your head.”

Diana shook her head. Veronica Cale has always had a problem with her and made no bones about making that clear in public. In lieu of the recent events, she had a more prominent soap box than ever before.

The Amazonian Princess shut off the television. She felt sleepy and hungry.

“Cale doesn’t need this bully pulpit, not right now at least. We have enough bad press,” sighed Bruce, as he shut off the monitor.

“She came off as extremist, Master Bruce. Why would you want to invest in that company anyway?”

“Because Alfred, I want to get closer to what she has planned. Becoming a majority shareholder will only help me put light on that… What of Diana by the way? Was she tired? Did you see her arm?” asked Bruce.

“She was asleep when I knocked. And the scar is healing nicely.”

“She shouldn’t still have a scar,” pondered Bruce.

Diana stood in front of the mirror, clad only in another set of matching red bra and panties. Her 34-DD chest stood out perfectly and proudly. Her muscles were tight, yet feminine, functioning almost as a cloaking device for the ferocity and unimaginable power they could produce in an instant. Her body was impeccable. Hell, everything about Wonder Woman was impeccable. She was the human embodiment of perfection. With her gorgeous, dark hair still up in a towel, she wondered what she should wear.

She had an overwhelming desire to get out of the house, but knew she couldn’t. It was on the orders of Batman and Superman that she was to stay put.

Since when does Wonder Woman listen to orders?

The thought quickly left her head. She was Diana, for now. Plus, it was almost dinner time. Macaroni & Cheese was in order for the evening?

The gorgeous brunette proudly left her bedroom. It wasn’t as if she had to dress for anyone.

Part 3

Wonder Woman was tied up and groggy. Cheetah had done her damage. Her strikes must have poisoned her, or at the very least weakened her. Circe was coming closer to her. With her lasso wrapped firmly around her body, there was nothing she could do but hope help would come. Giganta, now at a normal size to fit in the prison, stood behind her, ready to act if Wonder Woman summoned any sort of counter-offensive.

“You will listen to everything I say and then I will let you go.”

“Yes, Circe,” was all Wonder Woman could mutter.

“You will give in to me and do everything that is asked of you,” said Circe, drawing closer.

“Yes, Circe.”

Wonder Woman began to lose consciousness. She could not make out what Circe was saying. She kept repeating everything the evil sorceress said.

Diana woke up abruptly. She checked to see if she was still bound. She was not. It was only a dream, or rather, a reoccurring nightmare she had been having the last three weeks. Diana could not shake the memory of what happened to her in Metropolis a month earlier.

She also couldn’t completely reconstruct the memory either. The brunette bombshell had been keeping a dream log, hoping it would help her put together just what happened while she was under the control of her lasso.

Diana looked at the log, sitting next to her nightstand. Only, it wasn’t there. In fact, she wasn’t in her bedroom, but had passed out on the couch again mid-afternoon.

“Great Hera, not again!”

This had been a reoccurring issue since moving in. The Amazonian Demi-Goddess had been napping often during this forced vacation. She contemplated getting up and logging her nightmare before it was forgotten, but instead laid back down and turned on the television. Today, a Lifetime Movie of the week was in order.

The log book had not been filled out in the last ten days. Unconsciously, Diana was losing the motivation to put the pieces of the mystery together.

She was not, however, losing her appetite. Diana reached over the coffee table and to acquire a Tostitos scoop. She dipped in a cold dish of cheese sauce. The chip broke.

“Damnit.”

Diana considered reheating cheese sauce, but thought better of it. The microwave was so far away.

Just then a call came in on her laptop. It was Bruce.

“Diana, it’s the middle of the afternoon. Did you just wake up?”

“Uhhh, yes. I’m on a vacation, remember?”

“Fair point. Listen, I’ve got two things for you to do. You should get out of the office finally. I’ve scheduled a dinner here at the manor. Alfred will pick you up. I’m assuming you’re feeling strong enough to leave the house.”

Diana perked up, “absolutely, in fact, I feel great!”

The Amazonian Princess caught herself in a lie. She felt drained, tired, and constantly fatigued. She chalked it up to not being out of the house.

“Maybe we can talk about getting back to work?”

“Not yet, Diana.”

“Fine,” said Diana, almost pouting, giving in to Bruce’s protestations.

“Good, Alfred left some clothes for you to wear. He dropped them off while you were asleep.”

How could Alfred have slipped past her? That didn’t seem right. What if it was an enemy that snuck in? Even though she’s on a forced vacation, Wonder Woman needs to be on the ready at all times!

Or does she? The thought slowly slipped from Diana’s mind.

Diana emerged from the shower. She put on a pair of plain cotton white panties and mismatched grey brassiere. She looked in the mirror and smiled, everything was wear it should be, she thought.

Diana took a bite of an eclair sitting on top her bureau. The sugary treat felt incredible as it went down her gullet. While she didn’t want to admit it, this was the fourth one she had today. Conveniently, Diana put that thought out of her head.

“I wonder what Bruce has in mind for dinner,” she thought out loud.

Diana looked at the outfit Alfred had left her. It was a tight black pencil skirt and white, button down blouse. She stepped into the skirt and pulled it up.

Something felt amiss. Did Alfred bring the wrong size? Diana felt a strange friction between her outer thighs and the fabric of the skirt. She turned around and looked into the mirror.

Quite simply put, it didn’t fit. The zipper looked as if it wouldn’t budge. Not thinking, Diana tried zipping it. It wouldn’t budge.

“Great Hera, Alfred. Purchasing this child’s size.”

Diana tried fighting with the zipper. The awkward angle, combined with how taut the material was around her rear, proved to be a real struggle. It was a tiresome exercise.

Struggle? Tiresome? Exercise? All to fit into a skirt. Again, Diana willfully ignored the thought.

“Forget this, I’ll wear some jeans.”

Diana discarded the skirt carelessly on the ground. It matched the mess that had her bedroom had become. In fact, the whole house was a mess.

Had she bothered to look, she would have noticed that it was a size 4.

The Princess reached down to the bottom drawer of the bureau. She hadn’t bothered going down there, as her jeans were located in that compartment. Why bother wearing jeans? It wasn’t like she had any reason to leave the house.

Had she been paying more attention, she would have noticed the sensation of her stomach pooching ever so softly as she bent over. Instead, she was more intently focused on how her back ached ever so slightly. Most likely the result of too much time spent sleeping awkwardly on the couch.

Diana pulled out a pair of jeans. She stepped into them and found her newest foe. No, it wasn’t some superpower punk on the block, looking to make a name for themselves?

It was a pair of jeans she was fighting to get into.

“Great freaking… Hera….”

Diana laid on the bed, trying to wriggle her way into the jeans. Managing some how to get them up over her ass, she prepared for the final battle. Getting them zipped.

After several seconds of battling the flaps, Diana was exhausted. This should have been more frightening for her, however, she was solely focused on the dissertation she was about to give Alfred on how to not shrink clothes when washing them. Her fatigue wasn’t even an afterthought.

Since when was she an expert on laundry anyway?

With one last heave, Diana ripped the flaps apart, ruining the jeans.

She left them laying on the floor, next to the skirt. Had she looked, she would have noticed the label read “Size 6.”

“Going incognito tonight, Ms. Prince? I left you an outfit I felt you might find as worthy.”

“If I’m on vacation, then sweats will have to cut it, Alfred.”

The car pulled away towards stately Wayne Manor.

“You would think Alfred wasn’t feeding you, Diana!” joked Bruce.

Diana finished her third helping of spaghetti and meatballs.

“I was expecting a fancier meal, Bruce.”

“I save the steak and caviar dinners for the tabloid ops, Diana,” retorted Bruce.

“Dessert, Ms. Prince?” asked Alfred, clearing out the plates.

Without hesitation, Diana greedily nodded yes.

“I’ll help you, Alfred.”

Bruce excused himself while Diana poured herself another glass of wine. Her fourth of the meal. Bruce and Alfred entered the kitchen together.

“What did she say about the clothes, Alfred?”

“That I didn’t know her size and that I shrunk them.”

Bruce shook his head. “And is that true?”

“Everything was custom made based on the specifications you gave me, Master Wayne.”

“Did she mention anything about… I dunno…”

“Her weight?”

“Uh, yeah… Or am I making that part up, Alfred?”

“No sir, the biometric scan you asked me to run this morning while she was asleep has indicated she is up 12 pounds total, all of it in body fat.”

“Interesting. Any change in muscle mass?”

“Funny you should ask, as she is down 5 pounds of muscle mass, 5 of which has been replaced by body fat.”

“Plus the additional 12?”

“Precisely, Master Wayne. Do you think it has anything to do with…”

Bruce didn’t answer.

“I’ll get the cake,” said Alfred.

Diana felt groggy and fatigued. The dinner, wine, and dessert was simply too delicious.

“Say Bruce, where is my uniform anyway?”

“I kept it, just because I knew you would be tempted to suit up before the time was right.”

“Bruce, isn’t it time I get back to work,” said Diana, letting out a light belch.

“Are you sure you’re ready?”

“Only if you think I am, Bruce.”

Had Diana been a bit more cognizant, she would have recognized that she was deferring to a man, yet again.

“Well, you look ready, Diana. How about some sparring?”

“After all that food and spirit, Bruce?” 

“You’re Wonder Woman.”

Diana smiled. She hadn’t heard that name in far too long.

“Alright, I’ll go suit up.”

“No, I think you should just stick to your sweats for now. That’ll take too much time.”

“You’re right.”

“Looks like…I got you now… Batman! Or should I say… Bruce!” said Diana, with sweat pouring from her brow.

“Uncle! Uncle!” said Bruce, who surprisingly, was not sweating.

“Not so…tough…without… that… suit, huh?” heaved Diana.

“I gave in Diana! You win! OUCH!”

Diana rolled over, her sweatshirt moved up, showing Bruce a toneless, almost soft stomach underneath. Bruce took note of this, but did not say anything. Diana struggled to catch her breath, but had easily overpowered Bruce. At least in her mind.

“Alright… Wonder Woman… here’s the deal. I’m sending you home with your uniform tonight. However, don’t jump into action unless it’s an absolute emergency. Veronica Cale and her contingency are growing in strength. We’re still losing the PR battle. So we need to wait for the right scenario in order to bring you back. We’ll make the people appreciate you again.”

Diana frowned, “okay then.”

Diana slept soundly on the ride home. Her encounter with Bruce was positively tiring. It made sense though, as he was Batman after all. He’s the epitome of peak physical conditioning, discipline, and training.

In a mortal human.

“You will do everything I say, Wonder Woman, you will eat with reckless abandon. You will eat yourself out of your costume,” said Circe.

“I will eat with reckless abandon. I will eat myself out of my costume,” replied Wonder Woman.

Diana woke up again suddenly, covered in sweat. What the hell had Circe done to her? She reached for her dream log to record her latest, groundbreaking discovery.

She stopped short, she felt an intense pain in her core, lower back, and legs. In fact, her entire body ached. Diana thought back to the previous night’s encounter. Perhaps she really was that rusty?

Diana laid her head back down on the pillow, forgetting her nightmare, and dozing gently back to sleep.

Part 4

Diana looked up at her uniform, hanging proudly in the closet. There hadn’t been much need for it recently. The blowback from her battle in Metropolis had largely subsided. Unfortunately for her, there hadn’t been much of a need for her to fight crime. All was quiet on the western front.

Diana looked around her bedroom. It was late afternoon. Alfred had been by in the morning to clean and take away her laundry. Of course, she was taking a mid-morning nap when he had stopped in for a visit.

Why did he take the mirror?

It wasn’t as if she had needed it. Outside of her visit to Wayne Manor two weeks ago, she hadn’t left the house much. Deep down, she didn’t mind that. This was the most relaxed she had been for as long as she remembered.

She reminded herself that she needed to be on the ready. After all, at some point, the Wonder Woman would again be released back into the wild.

But for now? A Sierra Neveda Torpedo IPA sounded great as she grabbed her beer, which she had placed on the night stand, and took a swig. After all, she’s a super powered princess. It’s not like it had much effect on her anyway.

And it was almost dinner time. Tonight’s menu? Leftover Chinese that she had delivered. At this point, she felt comfortable relieving Alfred of the duty of ordering take out. Then another video conference call with Bruce later this evening.

Diana sat on the couch, washing down leftover Chinese, plus some left over Chicken Alfredo Alfred had brought over a few nights earlier, with another cold IPA. The brunette settled on a rerun episode of Teen Mom on MTV.

“Great Hera, how could these women make such horrid decisions?”

Diana slumped down on the couch, her soft tummy pouching out lightly over her sweats.

“Diana, are you drunk? Is that even possible?”

“No, I’m not!”

Bruce was shocked at what he saw looking back at him over the video conference. Diana looked groggy. Her typical perfect skin was even sporting some blemishes, making him wonder if Wonder Woman was really just a product of Maybelline. Her face looked positively bloated.

“Can you have Alfred bring over more of that Chicken Alfredo?”

“Sure. You Amazonian’s burn quite a few calories, don’t you?”

Diana smiled. “I guess I’m every girl’s dream, eat what I want and not put on a pound, right?”

Bruce didn’t answer that. Could she really be that oblivious?

“Anyway, Diana, you know you can go out of the house, right? I think it would be good for you to get some fresh air and sunshine,” said Bruce, with an authoritative tone in his voice.

“You’re right, Bruce. I think I will go out tomorrow for a run.”

“No showing off, Diana. Protect your identity at all costs.”

Diana knew that better than anyone. Why the hell would she need a reminder of that?

“Yes, Bruce.”

“Hey, since I know you asked for it awhile back, I’ve arranged for a gym to be delivered this week. It’s not much for you, but it’ll give you something to do,” said Bruce, almost in a judgemental tone.

“Oh, that sounds good,” said Diana. Her tone was less excited than one might anticipate.

“Anything else, or are you good?”

“Just don’t forget that chicken.”

“I took the mirror as you asked, Master Bruce.”

“Good Alfred.”

“Might I ask why I needed to do so?”

Bruce looked down at his loafers.

“Because we don’t know what’s happening to her yet and I don’t think she notices anything. Just make sure you keep replacing her clothes as scheduled. When she snaps out of it, it might be shocking. I don’t want the reflection starring back her to suddenly trigger that. We need to be ever vigilante and ready to step in when necessary.”

“Will the continuation of bringing her calorie bombs for meals help mitigate that whatsoever?”

“No. However, have you ever been around a woman that’s been gaining weight, Alfred? The last thing you want to do is imply she might need a salad. That’s why I’m sending over the gym.”

“I was certainly smart enough not to say anything about it when I was, Master Bruce. There’s a reason I’ve lived this long.”

“I didn’t know you had been around so many women, Alfred!” joked Bruce.

“I wasn’t always your butler, sir.”

Bruce cracked another smile. “When she’s asleep tomorrow, go ahead with the surveillance system. I want to make sure I’m there if something happens. I want it up and running by the next evening.”

Alfred frowned. He and Bruce had argued about this many times before.

“And not a word about this to Superman,” said Bruce, “whenever the hell the Big Blue Boy Scout makes it back that is.”

“Speaking of him… we’re a bit undermanned without him, you know that right?”

Bruce held back some anger.

“We’ll be fine, Alfred.”

“We need her, Bruce.”

Bruce took a long sigh, then looked Alfred straight in the eye.

“Do you think she’s losing her powers, Alfred?”

Alfred did not answer Bruce’s question.

“The world has Batman. Like Veronica Cale said. We can win through science and intelligence, right?”

Diana slammed the snooze button on the alarm clock, knocking it to the floor.

“UGH”

The Princess begrudgingly got out of bed, knocking over a half eaten steak & cheese sub that she had ordered the night prior. She walked slowly to the kitchen, and began to scramble some eggs and make some bacon.

Diana turned on the television as she made her breakfast. It was on the news. Veronica Cale was on the Today Show.

“And just where is Wonder Woman!? When she going to answer for the path of destruction she’s laid down? She hasn’t been heard from in three months! Wonder Woman, if you’re out there, I challenge you to debate me in public! Next Tuesday! In front of the Gotham Public Library! The public wants an answer.”

Diana shut the television off in anger. Then she remembered her promise to Bruce. She was going to go out for a jog.

The brunette finished her breakfast. She plodded slowly towards her bedroom and dug out a pair of running shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt. They fit her perfectly. 

Diana pulled up gingerly at the entrance of the park, fighting to catch her breath. She felt something quite foreign to the typical Amazonian… Indigestion.

She walked slowly into the park area. Some teenage boys were playing frisbee nearby.

“LADY, HEADS UP!”

*KERPLUNK*

The frisbee unexpectedly struck Diana in the forehead. She should have had it, right? She saw it coming from a mile away? Or did she? If only she had her gauntlets on, she would have deflected it like an on coming bullet, right?

Right?

Did she really just take a toy disc off her noggin?

Diana bent over to pick it up, something felt strange around her middle, but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Or she could have put her finger on it, but decided not to.

“Are you okay, ma’am!?” shouted one of the boys.

Ma’am?

She picked up the frisbee and tossed it back. Diana threw it back to the kids on a tight line.

“Wait.. NO!” she shouted, realizing that she had thrown it way too hard.

The teenager snatched it out of the air, with one hand.

But with the amount of force she had behind the throw, that should have torn his hand off, right? Diana tried to reason what had happened, but the thoughts were fleeting. She then noticed a drug store off in the distance. Diana trudged along, focused only on acquiring some antacids for her sudden influx of heartburn.

Diana wanted to head home, feeling a bit tired, but she remembered Bruce’s directive. She was to stay outside and enjoy the day. She found a lovely outdoor cafe and took a seat, ordering a cheeseburger and french fries, to go along with her ice coffee.

A handsome stranger walked towards the cafe patio. He leaned over and extended his hand.

“I must say, from a distance, you’re quite fetching. What’s your name?”

“Diana, and I’m not interested,” said the Amazonian Princess, immediately asserting herself.

“Well, I’m Devon. I just wanted to say hello. Sorry to bother you.”

Feeling guilty, Diana stood up and shook his hand. Something felt strange.

She was looking up ever so slightly at this man. Normally, she looked down on most men she interacted with, Superman being one of the few exceptions.

Secondly, the man’s grip was strong, almost too strong.

The stranger departed, leaving Diana briefly concerned. She then went back to finish her meal, with all thoughts of the encounter suddenly slipping away.

Diana was positively sore from all the walking she had done. What had originally been intended as a day of fitness turned into a day of strolling about the quiet Gotham neighborhood. Still, she was hungry so she willed herself to make some dinner.

At 8pm, Bruce called in.

“Diana, I think it’s time you answered Veronica Cale. She’s turned herself into a stark raving lunatic. You will make them believe in you again.”

“Are you sure, Bruce?” replied Diana, timidly. Bruce noted how the tone of her voice had changed greatly over the last few months.

“Yes, I am. I’ve prepared some talking points. I’ll be near by, in case anything happens.”

“What about Superman?”

“He’s off on another interstellar journey, you know, Kryptonian stuff.”

“Alright then.”

“Diana?”

“Yes, Bruce?” 

“You get to wear the uniform again, so smile.”

The surveillance was up and running. Bruce wanted to be sure of anything nefarious the moment it happened.

“Fascinating.”

Diana was in the basement, the location of the new gym, struggling to put 225 pounds on the benchpress.

“Whew! What a workout!”

Diana was proud, yet sore, making it through what she believed to be an intense workout.

Part 5

“You will forget your talking points, you will lose your confidence, you will embarrass yourself,” said Circe.

“I will forget my talking points, I will lose my confidence, and I will embarrass myself,” replied Wonder Woman.

Diana awoke in a pile on the floor. Her lasso was tied around her waist. She was wearing the sweats that she had on the night before.

The door swung open and it was Bruce Wayne.

“Bruce, help! Is this a dream!? I saw Circe! What happened!?”

“Hold on, Diana. Lets get you free.”

Bruce looked at the helpless Diana on the floor. He hefted her up and untied her. Bruce then expected the house for signs of a break-in. At first glance, he couldn’t find any.

“Do you remember anything, Diana?”

“Just Circe’s voice, then I suddenly woke up! Thank God you’re here to save me, Bruce.” replied Diana. “Usually, it’s the other way around.”

Bruce ignored her comment.

“Diana, you need to get ready for tonight. I’ll see what I can do to find out just what happened.”

“Nothing on the surveillance that I can see, Alfred. Damnit,” shouted Bruce, pounding his desk, the echo resounding throughout the Batcave.

“How could someone scrub the video?”

“No idea, Alfred. Whoever it is either a hacking expert or super powered. It doesn’t matter, we’ll have to move her. Hopefully after today, back to the Justice League.”

Diana felt confident. She had reviewed the notes Bruce had left her and gone over the talking points out loud for the last several hours. She was ready for the next step.

Her uniform.

Bruce looked on from the Batcave.

“Did you make the necessary alterations, Alfred?”

“Tailored perfectly… I hope.”

“Pants? Bruce, this is more coverage than I remember,” said Diana to Bruce, over the video conference.

“Just for tonight, Diana. You won’t need your belt either. This is less militant look. Remember, it’s about winning the argument. It’s about the presentation.”

“What about my crown?”

“Leave that behind too.”

Wonder Woman walked slowly up the steps of the Gotham Public Library. Flashbulbs went off all around her.

“That’s her, she’s back!”

“WONDER WOMAN! WONDER WOMAN!”

“She looks different.”

“She looks a little shorter!”

“DID YOU GAIN WEIGHT?”

“ANSWER FOR WHAT YOU DID IN METROPOLIS!”

“THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR US, WONDER WOMAN, WE LOVE YOU!”

“MARRY ME!”

“I guess Amazonian’s gain weight too?”

“WONDER WOMAN! TAKE A SELFIE WITH ME”

Wonder Woman fought through the crowd, and looked her newly found media foe right in the eye, Veronica Cale. Something felt strange. Perhaps Cale was using one of her homemade pharmaceuticals to grow taller?

Wonder Woman heard a voice in her head:

“YOU WILL FAIL.”

It was Circe, in her head, but how? She shook it off.

“You’ve gained some weight,” said Veronica Cale, off microphone to her super heroine foe.

“Huh?”

Before the comment registered, Cale began speaking. It was time for Wonder Woman to focus.

“Ladies and gentlemen, citizens of Gotham, citizens of Metropolis, and more importantly, citizens of THE WORLD. I am here to make Wonder Woman, once revered as hero to all mankind, answer for the trail of destruction and violence she has left in her wake. I am here, as God as my witness, to prove to you all once and for all that she is a farce.”

Wonder Woman went to speak into her microphone, but was cut off by Cale. She continued:

“Wonder Woman, how can you preach a desire to live in a world in peace and tranquility when you’re only tools to achieve that are rooted in violence, destruction, and an unmitigated carelessness for the property around you?”

Wonder Woman knew her counter argument. She knew it inside and out. She wanted to talk about the countless lives she’s saved, the Justice League initiatives to help clean up disaster laden areas. She had countless examples where her good deeds saved lives, despite the cost associated with the partial demolition of city blocks, historical landmarks, and other brick and mortar examples that were far less important than human life.

The crowd booed Cale mercilessly. This was Wonder Woman’s opportunity to capitalize and turn favor in her direction.

But she couldn’t get the words out.

“Perhaps meeting fire with fire is not the way to go? Perhaps a more nuanced approach is needed? A more thought out, intelligent approach that isn’t rooted in straight ahead chaos? Maybe winning at all costs isn’t winning at all? For all the lives you’ve saved, how many more have you ruined? How many left homeless? Jobless? Powerless?”

“I don’t..kno…” Diana only managed to get a few words out.

“Oh, powerless? I know that’s a word you can’t wrap your head around, is it? You’re powerful! Arguably the most powerful! You’re a demi-goddess, Wonder Woman. How could you understand what any of us have ever gone through in our day to day struggles?

Veronica Cale, despite not having any describable super powers, was far from powerless. However, her words were beginning to win the crowd over. The boos slowly become more muted. Perhaps they were waiting for Wonder Woman’s response. Or, maybe Cale was making sense?

“For all you possess, for all your power, for all the things you have at your disposal, you lack one thing, Wonder Woman. Empathy. You lack the power of empathy. How could you begin to empathize with any of us, standing where you are today?

Wonder Woman stood speechless. She heard the crowd begin to cheer. The sounds of the cheering soon turned into that familiar voice in her head.

“You don’t know,” said the voice in her head.

“I.. I don’t know,” Wonder Woman whimpered over the microphone.

The crowd began to boo, vociferously.

“You don’t know!? After billions of dollars in destruction caused, countless lives altered, you don’t know!?!? You owe the entire world an explanation.

Batman was perched high atop a building, close enough to jump into action a moments notice. He sat there silently. Wonder Woman was on her own.

“I…”

“What, does the cat have your tongue? Or is your mouth filled still filled with bon-bons from your sabbatical?”

Was that a fat jibe? Wonder Woman couldn’t process what was happening. She was stunned at the reaction. She wasn’t fat. That thought quickly left her head.

The crowd snickered at the remark.

“Wonder Woman, I think I confidently speak on behalf of the masses gathered her, and the millions, perhaps billions tuned in around the world when I say that you, ma’am, are no longer needed!”

Wonder Woman stood in silence as the crowd cheered Cale. She then leaned into Wonder Woman’s ear and whispered to her.

“Seriously sweetheart, what the hell happened to you?”

“Well, at least the uniform held everything in, for the most part,” said Bruce to Alfred, watching a reply of the press conference in the comfort of the Batcave.

“Master Bruce, I dare say that’s the lone bright side, aside from the remark about Wonder Woman’s growing jowls.”

Bruce shook his head.

“Now what?”

“The world needs Wonder Woman, Bruce. You wait patiently. She’ll prove her worth. Diana is an incredible woman.”

“Indeed, Alfred. Did you make the necessary arrangements to move her to the new safe house? I can’t bring her back to the Justice League Headquarters yet. That’s mobbed with reporters.”

“The studio apartment in downtown Gotham? That’s quite a downgrade.”

“And perfectly low key, while still being close to the action. Maybe an opportunity where we need her will present itself sooner than we think?”

Bruce switched the monitor back to the surveillance of the safe house. Diana was resting on the couch, watching a movie Alfred had rented her earlier in the afternoon. A slight love handle could be seen, erupting lightly over the waist of her pajama pants.

“At least she’s taking it alright.”

Part 6

As her eyes opened, Diana found herself on the floor of her tiny studio apartment. That sounds of downtown Gotham were rattling away in the background. It was 3am, but in a city like Gotham, that made no difference. Cabs were still wailing away on their horns, despite a city ordinance forbidding such noise. This was a far cry from the comfortable digs she had on the outskirts of the city.

Her lasso was on the floor too.

And her head throbbed, badly. She saw a bottle of aspirin placed on top of the coffee table and a note. 

YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF NOW

Suddenly, Diana recalled another dream, or nightmare rather. She could read Circe’s voice in the note.

“I can see myself now,” uttered Diana, reading the note out loud.

She felt a sudden surge of belly fat rush over the top of her pink, satin bikini panties. It felt foreign. The useless mass pushed forward like an overflowing river on a flood prone plane. It jutted out softly, like a toxic ooze made of pure lard, fertilized in abject laziness.

“AHH… WHAT IN GREAT HERA…”

Diana cupped her appreciable paunch while sitting up indian style on the floor. She gave it a soft jiggle.

“…the fuck…”

Was she gaining weight before her very eyes?

Or was she witnessing a few months worth the gluttony and possible genetic alteration to her superpowered figure?

Diana looked at her muscular arms, as they flexed ever so gently while lightly gripping her newly discovered, wondrous gut.

The only problem was that there were no muscles to be found. Her arms were husky.

She closed her eyes for moment and tried to shake off the cobwebs. She took three aspirin and washed them down with a half finished two liter of Coca Cola on the coffee table. Reaching from this sitting position contorted her abdomen in ways she didn’t think was at all possible. At least not with how she last remembered herself.

Since when did she drink soda anyways? Diana would have spit it out, but it tasted… so good. She drank more.

She put her face in her hands one more time, hoping she was still in a bad dream. She pinched her side, just above the string waistband of her underwear.

The brunette could feel the soft, unyielding pudge in her left hand.

“OUCH.”

She was awake. Painfully awake.

The caffeine from the soda helped abate her headache. She surveyed the apartment, being careful not to look at her body. Diana wasn’t ready for that reality yet. A rush of memories came flooding back to her. Diana remembered the forced sabbatical, the safe house, and the failed press conference.

Embarrassment washed over her.

“Oh God.”

And the eating, the inactivity, the slow erosion of her reflexes, highlighted by that day in the park. Diana even remembered struggling to bounce 225 pounds off of her prodigious chest. A weight that she could lift with one hand, under normal circumstances.

Diana stood up. She felt like so… average.

“Is this what it feels like to be human?” Diana muttered, struggling to get up, using the coffee table to assist in the effort.

She felt her midsection fold up.

Bruce looked on in silence from a remote link inside the confines of the Batmobile. He had rigged the studio apartment for surveillance as well. He didn’t want to take any chances.

“Alfred, are you getting this.”

“I see it too, Master Bruce.”

“What about the video of her being lassoed again?”

“Scrubbed.”

“I thought so.”

Diana averted her eyes from her figure as best she could. She walked quickly toward the bedroom.

Each step felt plodding. For the first time, Diana felt something strange. Jiggling. The culprit? She assumed it wasn’t just her middle that changed. She felt her panties wedgie between her cheeks.

Diana saw a note laying at the foot of the bed. She looked down, as her breasts were unable to obscure the view of her soft stomach.

CHECK THE MIRROR. CHECK THE SCALE WHEN YOU’RE FINISHED.

She looked over to see a full length mirror and sucked in immediately.

What she saw was shocking.

The figure Diana was used to seeing was tall, lean, and absolutely perfect. The Amazonian Princess was accustomed to seeing a strong core, long lean legs, strong upper arms, and a round, yet toned bottom. She was the highest standard of feminine beauty, all while being arguably the second or third strongest hero in the Justice League. Diana was super powered, after all.

That body was plastered onto posters, dawning the walls of teenagers globally.

This new body had been covered in a porky plaster, brought about by overeating, inactivity, and some additional genetic tomfoolery. Immediately, Diana thought of how long she had gone without wearing her belt of power, or any of the equipment that helped super charge her physique.

Diana’s super powered body had become super average.

“I’m… I’m chubby!” Diana shrieked.

Diana stood awkwardly and flat footed in her pink bra and panties. Men would have killed to get a look at her like this some months ago. Now? She looked like the average housewife.

The portly Princess stood in front of the mirror. She had to face her reality. Her thighs had thickened to the point where they touched, from crotch to knee. She flexed her quad, only nothing emerged. The look reminded her of a former soccer player, once strong and proud, that now sported tree trunks for legs. Her once proud, lean calf muscles, were now thick. She performed a calf raise, wincing at how painful the movement felt, with nary a muscle popping from her soft flesh.

Her thighs were round and soft. She sat down on the bed in disbelief. They spread out effortlessly, and gelatinously before her.

“I have thunder thighs.”

She looked down at her soft, pliable pot belly. It crept towards her thighs. She hadn’t suddenly gained all this weight. Diana realized she had been doing this to herself all along.

But who? Who could have done this? Her mind flashed to Circe. She thought of the cut Cheetah had made on her arm. Perhaps there were nanotechnologies working against her super-charged biology?

Who could help her? Superman, maybe? But he’s been gone. Bruce is the smartest man she knew. He could definitely help.

Why hadn’t he helped?

Before she could answer herself, the line of thinking escaped of her. Diana was too preoccupied with her fattened form. She stood up, turning to the side.

She sucked in. She breathed out. She sucked in. She breathed out.

Even sucking in didn’t obscure her belly. A food baby perhaps? A beer belly more aptly? Or perhaps both were the culprits.

Diana thought of the nights she spent guzzling heavy beers. She doesn’t drink? Or does she? She can’t get drunk, can she?

The Princess relaxed her abdomen to it’s normal state. Her bloated belly extended out just past her breasts. She looked like a prom queen turned overindulgent college freshman.

Her eyes averted to the profile of her ass. It looked like an exaggerated parenthesis. Did she really just compare her once perfect, heart shaped ass to a symbol on a keyboard?

She winced as she reached behind her, grabbing a big handful of it. Perhaps it was still tight and taught.

She hefted it up and left it go. I bounced up and down in a slinky like motion. One it was made of lard. She turned her rear towards the mirror. It looked like it was trying to eat her panties. She spanked it, which produced a mocking quiver.

Diana noticed a slight dimpling around her thighs. Cellulite. A princess doesn’t have cellulite.

This one, however, does.

Diana noticed soft creases of pork, forming on her back by her bra straps. Her muscular back was now a distant memory.

She turned around and creeped closer to the mirror.

My face.

Her jawline had been obliterated, along with her perfect skin. It was splotchy, and soft. Her cheeks gave the look of someone that was swollen from recent oral surgery. She had a soft, small second chin.

She looked down at her perfect breasts. They looked, saggier, and maybe even slightly smaller. Perhaps it was just the juxtaposition of her breasts with her out of shape figure that made them look different.

Or they had just flat out changed.

Diana sat back down on the bed. The feel of her belly pooling into two soft rolls was something she couldn’t get used to feeling, nor seeing. She read the note again.

CHECK THE SCALE WHEN YOUR FINISHED.

Diana walked toward the bathroom, each step falling heavily on the floor. In the bathroom, she found a scale.

At her physical peak, Wonder Woman was a super powered 135 pounds. Maybe even 140. She couldn’t necessarily remember, because she never had a reason to weigh herself.

She saw a note taped to the mirror.

“USED TO BE 132 LBS.”

She looked down at the scale and found another note.

“TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE.”

Wonder Woman stepped on the scale.

“I’ve gained… 36 pounds!? In like…”

Diana thought.

“Three months, maybe more?”

Diana Prince, Wonder Woman, the Amazonian Princess had put on close to 40 pounds of pure fat. And to be truthful, it been more fat than that. Who knows how much muscle erosion there’s been from all the inactivity. But how!?

The Princess rushed out of the room, not seeing the measuring tape setup on the wall.

She looked in her bureau. It was filled with sweat suits and underwear. Diana found a bra.

36-C

“I’m smaller?”

She found a pair of underwear.

L

She found a pair of jeans.

Size 12

She tried on the jeans. Immediately they felt tight. No wonder they buried at the bottom of the drawer.

Diana couldn’t get them on.

She struggled with all of her might, only to fail. She was bigger than a size 12. What should have frightened her was the fact that all of her supplied strength didn’t tear the jeans in two. Diana was too flustered.

Maybe she hadn’t given her full, superpowered effort after-all.

She looked back at the out-of-shape by 40 pounds figure in the mirror. Diana didn’t recognize herself.

“How?”

“What now, Master Bruce?”

“I don’t know Alfred,” said Bruce, looking at the live feed of the studio apartment back in the Batcave.

“Excuse me, sir?”

Bruce looked at Alfred quizzically.

“With due respect, sir, the last I checked you were Batman.”

“And?”

“Since when does Batman not have a plan?”

Bruce turned and stared into the monitor silently. He watched as Diana attempted sit-ups, each motion upward matriculating into a soft layer of belly fat.

“This is like watching a weight loss infomercial that only highlights the before.”

“That doesn’t answer my question, Bruce,” replied Alfred, with a tone of seriousness only reserved for the most dire situations.

“I’ll get her back to the Justice League soon and run some tests.”

“Was it wise to have continued giving into her culinary demands, given what has been happening?”

“I’m not an expert on Amazonian biology, Alfred.” Bruce would not make eye contact with Alfred as he answered.

“She’s going to seek revenge on Cheetah, Circe, and Giganta, Master Bruce. You know this. And he’s not back yet.”

Bruce did not answer. He pondered his next communique with the Man of Steel.

“They’re locked away safely, Diana. Even if you wanted revenge, you won’t get it.”

“Bruce, I don’t care,” huffed Diana, while pedaling her newly acquired exercise bike.

“Diana, if you’re going to do that, might I suggest not fueling up on the Taco Bell two blocks away before doing so.”

Diana frowned. How the hell did he know that?

“How did you… I can’t help it.”

“I have eyes everywhere, Diana.”

“Even in here, Bruce?”

He didn’t answer her directly.

“Everything is to ensure your safety.”

Diana closed the laptop. She had made it 3 miles on the bike at the lowest setting. She waddled to the fridge, peeling off her sweat stained top in the process. Her thick back and soft stomach glistened with sweat.

She looked at a photo of her foes, all three behind bars.

“When you get out, I’m coming for you.”

The pangs of her reverberated in her stomach. She opened up the refrigerator, reaching past the water, she instinctively grabbed another 2 liter of soda.

“Ugh… alright, a little can’t hurt.”

Part 7

Three days after her physical reawakening, Diana blinked aimlessly at the television. She was so sore after her first few workouts that she needed to take a rest. The Amazonian figured it was a sound approach, as the road back to fitness takes some time. At least, that’s how it seems to work for mere mortals.

Was she a mere mortal right now?

Diana scratched her belly and finished her sixth chicken wing. Hey, at least it was protein, right?

It was dinner time for the bloated brunette. Her cravings were insatiable these days. She did her best to mitigate them and not give in. Diana was scheduled to leave the small studio apartment later that night and return to Justice League headquarters for some testing. She figured if anyone would have an answer, it would be Superman and Batman. The Man of Steel was due back in a few days as well.

Diana dozed off, however, her slumbered was soon rudely interrupted.

“WE INTERRUPT YOU TO BRING YOU THIS SPECIAL REPORT. CHEETAH HAS ESCAPED FROM ARKHAM ASYLUM AND IS ATTACKING CITIZENS AT RANDOM, INCLUDING VERONICA CALE, WHO IS NOW HER HOSTAGE.”

“The scene in downtown Gotham is one of utter chaos, as Batman is no where to be found this evening. Reports suggest he may have incapacitated in an earlier attack, however, that is mere speculation. Other Justice League members have been dispatched on alternative missions throughout the globe and galaxy, including Superman, who is not due back to Earth for another 3 days.”

Diana sat up abruptly, as a soft pool of fat lolled underneath her white, buffalo sauce stained tank top.

“No other Justice League members?”

Diana smiled, this was her chance for redemption. She waddled rapidly toward her bedroom.

The average amazonian looked at her closet, she noticed her original Wonder Woman outfit, glistening proudly from its hanger.

She pulled her sweat pants down over her wide hips. The change in Diana’s body had left her a pronounced pear shape. A close to 42 inches in diameter around, Diana had the hips of a soccer mom and not that of a superhero.

Diana caught a glimpse of her round posterior in the mirror. She couldn’t help but laugh at it, forgetting that she had on a pair of bright yellow and pink polka dot panties underneath. The bikini cut fit her poorly, as the material in the back covered little real estate in the back. Her love handles popped over the tiny string waistband of the hips. Again, it was as if her cheeks were constantly trying to eat whatever she put over them.

A bitter irony, considering she would eat whatever was put in front of her.

Why was her underwear drawer filled with that cut from Victoria’s Secret anyway?

She pulled off her tank top to reveal a plain white bra. Diana frowned as she looked at her slightly deflated, sagging chest.

“Well, I guess I don’t have to worry about being on posters anymore… for now.”

For a moment, Diana considered the classic outfit, but thought better of it. She opted for the full body suit Bruce had made for her.

Little did she know, Bruce had also altered it for her since the incident with Veronica Cale While it was still tight, it did fit. Wonder Woman felt comfortable, at least for a moment, and almost like herself.

Wonder Woman tried on her power belt, but it simply wouldn’t fit. Her waist was too far gone. Luckily, and with some effort, she was able to get her bulletproof bracelets over wrists. Her lasso then went on her soft hip and the crown on top of her head.

Wonder Woman almost forgot about her knee high boots. They completed the uniform. She tried shoving her sausage like lower legs into one of them, but to no avail.

“Even my calves are too fat.”

Thankfully, Wonder Woman remembered that this new outfit came with more forgiving boots. Those boots had been altered too. Now she was ready to go.

Only one problem: could she actually fly anymore?

Wonder Woman hadn’t tried to fly in several months. Was that even an option for her anymore, 36 pounds heavier?

Well, at last check, more like 39 pounds heavier, she had broken 170 pounds that morning.

There was only one way to find out.

Wonder Woman jumped up.

And she came crashing to the floor.

That settled it. She would have to walk out the front door. After today, no one would question her validity as a superhero, nor her importance to mankind. It was time to make Cheetah pay for her transgressions.

The sun was setting on another warm, Gotham afternoon. It was humid in the city that day and Wonder Woman was feeling the ill-effects of the thick city air. After a long combination of walking and jogging, she had arrived at her destination.

Positively exhausted.

Wonder Woman sauntered up past the police line. Gotham’s finest were attempting to barricade Cheetah into one area.

“Ma’am, you can’t go in there,” said an officer, one that was likely in charge.

“Officer, I’m Wonder Woman,” she said, looking up slightly at the officer.

The officer looked shocked. Was it really her? If so, what on Earth happened to her?

“You’re… Wonder Woman?’

Wonder Woman walked confidently past the police cars.

“CHEETAH!!!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” replied Cheetah. “You guys send an out of shape cosplayer to deal with me?”

Wonder Woman clasped her wrists together, creating a thunderous sound. It was her announcement to Cheetah that she was there to serve notice that Wonder Woman, was without question, back.

“Wonder Woman? What the hell happ..”

Before she could finish her sentence, Wonder Woman charged after Cheetah with all her might. Veronica Cale, Wonder Woman’s foe in the public eye, looked on concerned. Was this the best the Justice League could muster up? Her arch enemy.

Cheetah parried Wonder Woman’s attack with ease.

Wonder Woman popped up again quickly. She felt her old steely will return, despite her eroding abilities. She landed a heavy right hand off Cheetah’s face, then another left hook to the body.

It was like hitting granite.

Cheetah laughed, “really?”

Wonder Woman swung wildly again, missing both times. The pain in her hands was only matched by the burning in her lungs.

She was winded.

“By the power of Hera, I will DESTROY you!” yelped Wonder Woman, lunging forward.

Cheetah side stepped each attack, laughing at her longtime nemesis with each move. She was thoroughly enjoying watching Wonder Woman punch herself to exhaustion.

“I don’t know whether I should watch you punch yourself into an asthma attack, or actually let you hit me?” pondered Cheetah, out loud.

The Gotham Police Department looked on, horrified. Never had any of them seen a superhero so thoroughly dominated.

This was Wonder Woman’s one chance at redemption, both as a superhero and to prove herself worthy of adoration in the public eye. She was currently failing at both.

“Did you get shorter too?”

Wonder Woman landed a right hook. It bounced off Cheetah’s rock hard jaw. She didn’t even flinch. She attempted a round house kick, but couldn’t get around on it and clumsily fell over.

“You did get shorter, you’re almost my height.”

Wonder Woman panted, desperately trying to get as much oxygen into her bloated, out of shape form as possible. She was far closer to a middle-aged suburban princess than that of the Amazon.

“I don’t know, Cheetah… you… tell… me?” Wonder Woman panted.

Cheetah laughed, grabbing Wonder Woman by the wrists. She stripped each bracelet off, throwing each one carelessly on the ground.

“Squirm.”

Wonder Woman tried to squirm, but couldn’t get herself free. Cheetah let her go, watching her crash helplessly to the ground.

“Go ahead, try the lasso. I dare you.”

Wonder Woman grabbed the lasso. This was her last line of defense. She twirled it around her head, only, she couldn’t keep up the appropriate angular velocity. It was as if this as the first time she had ever tried to use it. She whipped it as Cheetah with all her might.

“God damnit, Wonder Woman, do something!” shouted Veronica Cale.

Cheetah caught the rope and smiled. With a flick of the wrist, she brought the chubby Wonder Woman within an arms reach. She looked the lasso and bound it around her wrists. Then, with a swift sweep of her leg, brought Wonder Woman down, catching her expertly with the other leg.

Cheetah now had Wonder Woman in her lap, holding her wrists with one hand, debating what to do next.

“What happened to you, sweetheart? This is embarrassing,” said Cheetah, looking down at the prone Wonder Woman.

“LET GO OF ME.”

“Nope, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Not yet at least.”

Cheetah licked the claw on her index finger and drew it slowly and lightly down the front of Wonder Woman’s body suit. The material split open all too easily.

“I want to know what’s going on here,” said Cheetah, excitedly.

“No! No No No!” pleaded the helpless Wonder Woman.

Cheetah peeled back the torn fabric of the body suit, ripping the lower half of the suit off of Wonder Woman’s body.

Diana felt the thick air make contact with her doughy stomach.

“Oh my God, you are FAT!” purred Cheetah, excitedly.

Cheetah pulled the tattered remains of the lower half of the pants off of Wonder Woman’s body.

“It’s no wonder why you wore this. You can’t fit into anything else.”

Diana turned bright red. How could this be happening to her?

“I don’t think you’ll be needing this either,” said Cheetah, taking off Diana’s crown and placing it on her own head.

“We don’t give tiara’s to chubby girls.”

Cheetah began lightly jiggling Diana’s thighs, she was amazed at how soft and pallid they had become.

“I guess they don’t have tanning beds in the Justice League, do they Thunder Thighs?”

Cheetah ran her index finger underneath Diana’s double chin. She began tearing off the tattered remains of Diana’s outfit.

“Mismatched underwear. Tsk Tsk! A girl never knows who she is going to run into! Always keep up appearances!”

Cheetah rubbed her hands all over Diana’s plush body. She was utterly helpless and exposed. Clad in only her pink and yellow polka dot underwear and a white bra. Cheetah had even managed to cut away her knee boots.

“Oh, and this is my favorite part,” said Cheetah, dialing in on Diana’s prone tummy.

“It looks like someone has let themselves go a little bit, haven’t they?”

Diana didn’t answer.

Cheetah pulled the string waistband at Diana’s hip and snapped it.

“That’s fun!”

Diana winced. Cheetah did it again.

“Look at this paunch! You’ve really packed on quite a few pounds, haven’t you sweetie! Superheroes don’t have potbellies.”

Cheetah started patting Diana’s gut.

“Stop.”

“What’s that, my chubby little muffin?”

“Please stop, you win! This is embarrassing!”

Cheetah kept patting her stomach, stopping occasionally to kneed it and poke it.

“Where did your muscles go? Flex for me.”

Tears had welled up in Diana’s eyes. She had been utterly defeated by her enemy. And now, on global television, she had been forcefully stripped to her underwear and was being groped by the individual responsible for putting her in this predicament.

Cheetah continued patting her pot gut.

"Stop it," Diana whined, "it's embarrassing."

Cheetah gave her a look of commanding disdain. Diana began to sob with frustration unable to resist as she stroked the soft blubber around her midsection. Cheetah had Diana right where she wanted her, prone, belly exposed, in her lap. This was too much.

“Admit I’m better than you,” said Cheetah, with a handful of Diana’s love handle.

“You’re better than me!”

“LOUDER!”

Cheetah snapped her panties again.

“YOU’RE BETTER THAN ME!”

Cheetah grabbed another handful of Diana’s belly and began to shake it.

“Are you a princess or a porker?”

“… a porker”

Cheetah grabbed Diana again and spun her around, exposing the full bottom panties to everyone around her. The villainess reared back and spanked Diana.

“Even your ass is huge! You’ve turned into a pig.”

It was at this moment that Diana knew Wonder Woman was dead. That identity could never be taken seriously again, even if she could return to form.

“That’s because you made me fat!” Shouted Diana.

Cheetah laughed, “I did?”

“YES! You must’ve poisoned me a few months back. And I have no idea what Circe casted upon me.”

“HA! I wish! If we could, we would’ve done that years ago! No sweetheart,” cooed Cheetah, “you did this to yourself.

Cheetah continued spanking a helplessly Wonder Woman.

“These pink polka dots are too cute though, how much weight did you gain anyways?”

Diana replied, “Over 40 pounds!”

“Looks more like 60,” said Cheetah, as she spun Diana around one last time. She was simply having too much fun playing with her soft, ripened midsection.

Diana continued sobbing. She has been officially humbled. Veronica Cale, still bound, cracked a crooked smile.

“I’ve gone completely to pot, and it’s all your fault,” whined Diana, not unlike a petulant child.

“Look, I’ve done a lot of things in my time, but THIS…. You did this to yourself.” 

“What about Circe?”

“How much do you weigh,” said Cheetah.

“160 pounds,” said Diana.

“Liar!” Cheetah squeezed Diana’s side.

“171 pounds!”

“That’s better! And Circe? She had nothing to do with this mess either. Just admit it, you let yourself go! Even your chest is saggy!”

Just then, Cheetah felt a stick kick against the forehead. It was courtesy of The Dark Knight.

“BATMAN!!!!”

The crowd erupted. Their savior had arrived. The overweight Diana laid on the cold ground as she watched Batman dispose of Cheetah in an efficient fashion. The Gotham PD cheered with each blow he landed. Soon, Veronica Cale was freed and Cheetah was successfully apprehended.

Veronica Cale immediately scrambled to a camera.

“And you see, ladies and gentlemen, that’s what happens when a super villain meets good old fashioned human ingenuity! This world needs more people like Batman!”

The camera panned over to Diana. Batman helped her up and was quickly trying to carry her off the scene.

Diana felt safe in Batman’s arms. She also felt wildly out of shape and helpless. While she did not want to admit it, she knew this was the end of her crime fighting career.

The question remained - was Cheetah telling the truth? Was she not responsible for the transformation Diana had undergone the last few months?

Part 8

“WONDER WHALE GETS DOMINATED TONIGHT - BATMAN SAVES THE DAY”

*click*

“PLUMP PRINCESS SHOWS PORK AS BATMAN RESCUES…”

*click*

“WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR WONDER WOMAN’S CAREER AS A…”

*click*

“WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO HERA’S HEAVYWEIGHT? MORE AT 11.”

*click*

“HUSKY HEROES - WHAT WONDER WOMAN’S WEIGHT GAIN MEANS FOR THE OVERWEIGHT IN AMERIC…”

*click*

Diana readjusted herself on the couch. Sharp pains radiated throughout her body. Cheetah hadn’t landed a single impactful blow, yet Diana felt as if she had been put through the ringer. She was positively exhausted.

Batman brought the defeated Diana back to Wayne Manor. Her sound defeat at the hands of Cheetah, coupled with the utter humiliation she experienced from being subdued and exposed so easily by her enemy was more than enough reason to avoid any further public scrutiny. There was no use in subjecting herself to any media or on lookers that would certainly be laying wait the Justice League headquarters.

Diana opened up her robe. Batman had little time to bring her any additional clothes, as he was needed back out in the Gotham night. She was still wearing the underwear that Cheetah had so proudly stripped her to earlier. The brunette looked at her paunchy middle. It was still a sensitive light pink, with the outlines of Cheetah’s hand prints still visible to the naked eye. Diana took her index finger and poked it, attempting to flex her abdominal muscles underneath.

Sadly, her finger sunk into her rotund potbelly. She had evolved from a demigoddess into a human version of the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

“SWOLLEN SUPERHERIONE… THE WORLD WONDERS WHAT HAPPENED TO WONDER WOMAN?”

*click*

Diana continued changing channels. Almost every station was covering the events of earlier. The escape of Cheetah was news enough, especially considering she had kidnapped Veronica Cale in the process. The fact Cale’s sworn enemy, Wonder Woman, showed up and consequently failed to rescue her was without question a juicy narrative that would continue in the news cycle for several days.

The brunette looked down at her beefy, heavyset thighs. Her long legs were the foundation for her strength and power. Now they were husky, devoid of super power ability, and bordering on dumpy.

Alfred entered the room, watching Diana stare aimlessly into the television. They were replaying the scene of Cheetah kneading her meaty middle. Diana’s bottom lip quivered, watching her bulging figure being groped by someone so vile and evil.

“Perhaps I might interest you in an entertainment alternative, Ms. Prince?”

Diana didn’t answer. Alfred nodded and shut the television off.

“I will see about getting you some new clothes for the morning. In the meantime, why not try to get some rest.”

The Amazonian’s dreams were filled with replays of the public horror she had experienced the prior evening. She woke up several times, hoping to escape the nightmare, only to fall back asleep and return to the reply of her humiliation in her mind’s eye.

Ten days had gone by since Cheetah’s defeat of Diana, and subsequent apprehension. Bruce had been scarce around stately Wayne Manor. He had left Diana under the caring watch of Alfred. Diana had spent the left several days on the couch, maintaining a sedentary existence and sustaining herself off a diet based off of specific instructions that Bruce had left behind.

The soreness of the bout had since subsided, as had the angry red marks left behind by Cheetah’s overly exuberant spankings. Diana had spent this time laying around in sweats, catching up on the latest offerings the Wayne household’s cable package provided. The news was something that Diana avoided at all costs.

The media narrative continued to roar around her. Veronica Cale was calling for Wonder Woman to leave the Justice League. Many radio talking heads and pundits had said she was unfit for duty. The overarching message on the news seemed to be that Wonder Woman’s presence was a danger to the very people she would try to save.

A cruel irony, considering the message before was that she was too powerful and destructive to save lives. Now, she was too powerless to help anyone.

“Good morning, Diana.”

“Good morning, Bruce. It’s good to see you.”

Bruce eyed up Diana. She looked tired and haggard. And pudgy. Had she gained even more weight?

“It took me awhile, but I think I’ve developed some tests to figure out what’s happened.” 

“Does that mean we’re returning to the Justice League today?”

Diana was excited to go back to her home.

“No, I don’t want to risk it. Whoever did this to you could have breached our security to crack the code of your biology. I don’t want that to happen again. These results need to remain between you and I for now. If there was a security issue, I don’t want the world knowing what’s happened to you. Not until we’re positive and have come to a solution.”

Diana shook her head.

“What makes you think Batcave is any safer?”

“Because it’s the Batcave, Diana. And I’m Batman,” replied Bruce, with an tone of indignation and arrogance.

Bruce dropped a duffle bag on the floor.

“Get changed and come with me.”

“Bruce, I am so embarrassed. You can’t see me in a bikini,” muttered Diana, behind the bathroom door.

“The whole world has seen you stripped to your underwear, Diana. I’ve already seen what’s happened to you. You can do the hydrostatic weigh-in nude, if you would like.”

Diana looked at her body in the red bikini, string bikini. Why the hell did it have to be such a bright color? It had been a few weeks since she became aware of the changes in her body. Yet no matter what, the pale, porky form that encased her was still as foreign as ever.

The brunette emerged from the bathroom door. The cool, moist air of the Batcave made her shiver. Bruce looked at Diana, trying to hide his shock.

Diana was fat. In fact, she might have gotten even fatter the last several days. She looked like an entirely different person.

“Get in the tub and submerge yourself. You’ll here a buzzer when you need to come up. It should only take a moment.”

Diana waddled over to the tub. Thankfully, the water was warm. She dunked herself. Diana was shocked at how buoyant she felt in the water. Her chubby frame was less dense than that of the muscular body she once possessed.

The defeated Diana heard the buzzer and emerged from the water.

“Hmm.”

Bruce did not say anything else as he handed Diana a towel.

“Diana, go stand against that wall.”

Bruce lined up a thin red laser to the top of her head.

“Interesting,” was all Bruce could mutter.

“Bruce, what?”

“Stand there again, please.”

With engineer like precision, Bruce conducted the measurement again.

“Just tell me, please.”

Bruce shook his head again and jotted some numbers down on a small notebook.

“Fascinating,” said Bruce, as if he was proud of a successful experiment he conducted.

“Cut it out, tell me.”

“Diana, you don’t really want me to tell you this.”

“No, I’m not a lab rat, Bruce.” said Diana, “enough of the platitudes and the geeky curiosity. Tell me the truth, now.”

Bruce froze. The truth? Was Diana really ready for that. A pang of guilt filled his stomach.

“Diana, these are numbers you don’t want to know.”

“Bruce!”

Bruce sighed, he couldn’t make eye contact with Diana.

“Fine.”

Diana braced herself.

“Weight - 183 pounds”

“I’ve gained another 12 pounds!?”

“Body fat percentage: 38.5%”

Diana shook her head.

“Height…”

“What?!”

“Height - 5 feet 6 and 1/2 nches”

“I’ve shrunk!”

“Yes. Diana, your entirely physiology is changing. You’ve lost several inches of height and by my calculations, you’ve gained 51 pounds total. Truthfully, the amount of body fat you’ve gained is likely higher than that as your lean muscle mass appears to have eroded slightly.”

Diana wondered how Bruce knew she had weighed 132 pounds? It must have been in the Justice League files.

“Since you have the build of an average woman, that makes you BMI bordering on obese.”

Diana stared at her blubbery belly and thighs. She was speechless.

“Go change into the underwear I’ve left you. I am going to run a full body scan and can’t have you wearing a wet bikini in there.”

Diana obliged and headed towards the bathroom.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with a battery of tests. Bruce drew some blood samples, ran the body scan, and had Diana perform some basic physical and cognitive tests.

Diana felt helpless. Bruce had her perform some strength tests. She could barely move 115 lbs off her chest on the bench press without assistance. She made it less than a mile on the treadmill before quitting. Her flexibility and balance tests came back well-below the average of a fit woman of her age.

Bruce shook his head in wonderment. He ran the calculations. Diana had the balance and reflexes of a sedentary woman in her mid to late 30s.

“Bruce, you’re going to make Circe and company pay for what they’ve done, right?”

Bruce did not answer.

Diana was exhausted. After the tests were finished, she returned to her quarters for some dinner and rest.

The next morning, bedroom door opened. It was Bruce, bringing Diana her breakfast and a nondescript duffle bag.

“Don’t you knock?!”

Diana had just finished showering. She was up uncharacteristically early for her recently new formed habits. She stood in front of Bruce in a set of grey and black cotton bra and panties.

“It’s nothing I haven’t already seen, Diana. Have a seat, this can’t wait.”

Bruce’s tone was serious. Diana sat down immediately, not even bothering to get dressed.

“Where’s Alfred?”

“He’s out. Listen, Diana, I need your attention. Take a sip of coffee if you want.”

Diana took a sip of coffee and a bite of her buttery toast.

“I don’t know how to tell you this, so please forgive me if I’m blunt,” said Bruce, with an unsettled tone in his voice.

“Bruce?” Even in the most dire circumstances, Diana had never heard Bruce sound like this before.

“Something happened to you that day in Metropolis that changed your biology forever. You were infected with some nanotechnology that inherently changed your DNA. I’ll continue running tests, but I fear it’s irreversible. You see…”

“No.. No…” Diana interrupted.

Bruce cleared the lump in his throat. “You see, Diana, whatever essence your body held onto to make you the Amazonian Princess has been inherently changed. It’s been destroyed. Your DNA, based on the tests I’ve run, has become distinctly human. You’re an average woman now.”

The word average bounced around Diana’s mind. She looked down at her half-naked body, seeing silvery stretch marks on her sides, belly, and inner thighs.

“In fact, physiologically speaking, you’re below average. Diana, you’ve succumb to the same afflictions faced with people that live a sedentary lifestyle. You’re even borderline diabetic.”

Diana looked blankly at Bruce.

“So why can’t you reverse it? You’re Batman. The Justice League doesn’t have the medicine at its disposal to change what they did to me?”

Bruce continued, “I fear that any attempt to recombine your DNA and restore your Amazonian essence could be fatal. Your innate humanity and biology simply can’t handle it. And according to my tests, your devolution and physical decline is only continuing. It hasn’t yet stopped.

“What of Superman, Bruce? Have you talked to him?”

Bruce ignored the question.

“I want to be Wonder Woman again.”

“Diana, Wonder Woman is dead. That identity is nothing more than a tattered costume and a distance memory. Which brings me to my next point.”

“No!”

“Diana, listen to me. After your encounter with Cheetah, you’re lucky to be alive. That was stupid and dangerous. You could’ve gotten yourself killed. Thankfully, Cheetah treated you like a gluttonous plaything.”

“Gluttonous!? She did this to me!” Diana shouted at Bruce, standing up and shaking her tummy violently, causing a blubbery jiggle in her middle, rear end, and lower hindquarters.

“No, she didn’t.”

Bruce opened the duffle bag and pulled out a long rope. It was Wonder Woman’s lasso.

“Huh?!”

Before Diana could move, Bruce sprung to action and lassoed her around her spongy, supple middle.

“I did.”

Diana stood in shock, feeling the lasso tighten around her unyielding fat, causing two plump rolls to form above and below the magical rope.

“What!?” Diana struggled. She felt light headed. There was something in her coffee.

“You will not struggle, Diana.”

Diana stopped.

Bruce wiped a single tear from his eye and continued.

“I did this to you.”

“But… why!? You’re Bruce Wayne! You’re Batman! Why would you turn me into an overweight mess? Why would you strip me of my powers? And how!?”

“Because Diana, as crazy as the Veronica Cale’s are of the world, she has a point. She’s right. The Justice League is simply too overpowered. We’ve leveled entire cities in order to protect the people of Metropolis, Gotham, hell, even Earth from the evils that have besieged us. But at what cost, Diana? Isn’t there a better way?”

“So this is your solution? To destroy Wonder Woman. To strip me of everything?” Look at me, Bruce! Look at what you’ve done to me!!!”

“There was no other solution, Diana. Your will is, well was, indomitable. Your fighting spirit was your greatest strength. It helped save the world countless times. You’re a ferocious warrior. And it’s that ferocity that became your undoing.”

Diana couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She had been betrayed by her closest ally.

“Plainly put, your approach is antiquated. We live in a world that requires more finesse than ever before, Diana. Your strength, your godliness, your invisibility… Diana, those things scare people. We already have one near God flying around this Earth. That’s enough.

“Clar…”

“You will not utter his name.”

Diana couldn’t get out the rest of her sentence. She was powerless to Bruce’s demands.

“The Justice League is more important than any single individual, Diana. That includes you. You became bad press. You became bad for business. In order to protect this Earth, we need to evolve with the hyperactive media climate in which we live. Four catastrophes in 18 months is terrible press. In order for us to survive, in order for us to maintain the goodwill of the people, we simply can’t have these situations. Not when cunning, science, and strategy can save the day.”

Bruce couldn’t look at Diana. The guilt was overbearing.

“You were never going to listen to me.”

“And neither was he, was he? What of Alfred? No way he would go along with this.” 

“And he will never know. I’ve managed to keep Alfred in the dark. He will never know either. No one will.”

“What?!”

“Diana, you were a Goddess. How am I going to convince a Goddess to sit on the sideline and take a more subtle approach. That’s like asking the kid with the biggest, coolest toy on the block not to show off. You and I both know that wasn’t happening. So I had to change you.”

“I captured you that day in Metropolis. After you the four of you had weakened each other, it was easy. The debris cloud was large enough where no one could see my arrival. I brought the four of you down to the bunker. That’s when I acquired your lasso and used it on you. All those dreams you had? I planted them. I convinced you it was Circe. To this day, I’m still surprised it worked.”

“And the changes to my will? My sudden overwhelming desire to stuff my self and be lazy?”

“The lasso is stronger than I ever imagined. It was easy.”

“What of the cut on my arm?”

“I did that. I really only injected you with the serum. That’s when the genetic reconstruction began. The cut was a twofold idea: First, I needed you to believe Cheetah had infected you. Second, it acted as an excellent metric to determine whether or not your super powers were waining. The fact it never healed let me know my plan was working without having to run multiple tests.”

“So that’s why you were content to never help me before? And to send me an entire house filled with disgusting, calorie laden treats. I’m guessing the food was altered too?”

“Precisely. I bought a majority share in Cale’s company. She had all types of secret R & D on chemicals and drugs that could be used to inherently change someone’s metabolism. Most of the research was intended for good, but I had different designs. And it worked well. Some of what I was able to discover there frightened me. Cale had some other experiments working around protecting human beings against super powered entities. I simply lifted some of that work and expedited the process.”

“You’re just jealous, jealous you’re just a man!”

Bruce tightened the rope, causing flesh to quiver in all directions. Diana let out a squeal.

“You’re one of the most incredible specimens on Earth. I pitched the vacation angle as means to by myself time for the transformation to take place.  You bought it, hook, line, and sinker. I needed more time to plan. I used backdoor channels to help improve Cale’s profile. The media was already teetering on the edge of an anti-superhero explosion. I directed it more precisely. We needed anti super-power sentiment.”

“So the press conference? All a setup? You used the lasso against me that morning!”

Bruce nodded.

“I needed the public’s confidence in you to be at an all-time low. It worked. Again, I can’t believe how well it worked. The lasso I left you was a fake. I’ve kept this trusty toy the entire time. It may well come in handy later.”

“Later?”

“Diana, I have a plan to undo anyone that may become a threat to humanity. To be honest, you were the test case. The world still needs him in special circumstances. But the new era of the Justice League? It’s about exercising sound judgement and adhering to the mission. We need to be more clandestine. More cloak and dagger.”

“Bruce, you’ve lost your mind!!! You made me a useless fat ass!!! The world is going to go crazy when they find out about this!”

Bruce shook his head and continued.

“Diana, I am so sorry I had to do this. There was no other choice.” 

“If Cheetah got out, what are you going to do when more powerful beings get out next? Who is going to protect your ass!?”

“I let Cheetah out. I staged the whole thing. I needed to be sure your powers and abilities had completely eroded. And they had. I made sure it happened in the most public way possible. Whatever confidence left in Wonder Woman had to be completely destroyed. Now they’ll believe  me when I say you’ve stepped down and moved on.”

“But I am not leaving the Justice League!”

“Yes, yes you are.”

Diana felt woozy. She wasn’t sure if it was magic lasso or whatever Bruce put in her drink. Her corpulent, tree trunk legs felt weak.

“You can’t fight this Diana.”

“Why all the tests then?”

“I had to be sure it works. Now I can perfect it, just in case.”

“You’ve become the evil you’ve sworn to fought.”

Bruce tightened the magic leash again. Fat oozed out even further.

“No Diana, you’ve become enamored with your own greatness, at the cost of those you swore to protect.”

Bruce reached into the duffel bag again, it contained a remade Wonder Woman chest plate. He walked towards Diana.

“You will not resist.”

Bruce placed the chest plate over Diana’s shoulders.

“Come with me, this shot will be just above the neckline anyways.”

Two minutes later, Diana was in front of a camera.

“Camera rolling.”

Diana sat down, feeling her chubbiness fold over her underwear onto her thighs. The lasso was tied snuggly around her waist, out of camera view.

“Read the prompter.”

She was standing on a mock set Bruce had built of the Justice League press room.

“Greetings citizens of Earth. As you know, my name is Wonder Woman, and have been a proud member of the Justice League for several years. In lieu of recent events, I have decided to step down from the Justice League, permanently. I’ve realized that I have become a danger not only to myself, but to those around me, both teammates and common citizens alike.”

Diana squinted slightly. Was her eyesight going too? 

“I would like to issue a former apology to the citizens around the world for the damage my aggressive actions have caused. After much contemplation, I have recognized the error of my ways and realized that my time as a defender of our global community against the evils that lurk have long since come to an end.

It is with great relief that I am formerly resigning from the Justice League. In closing, I would like to thank all of my teammates, in particular Batman, for their guidance and leadership during this matter. Thank you and may the Great Gods bless.”

The red light on the camera went dark.

“Perfect,” said Bruce, taking the mock armor off of Diana, leaving her back in her mismatched underwear.

“This really did work too well,” said Bruce, poking Diana in her mushy rib cage.

“It’s never going to work Bruce. As soon as I get out of here, I’m returning my home. They’ll be able to heal me. And when they do, I’m going to expose you and expose all of this!”

“No, Diana, you don’t understand.”

Bruce looked Diana right in her eyes, running his index finger lightly under her thickly doubled chin.

“Diana, repeat after me.”

“No.. No…”

Diana sobbed.

“NO!”

“If it makes you feel any better, I’ve set you up with a wonderful home out on the west coast. Far away from all of this. You’ll actually be working as a secretary in Cale-Anderson Pharmaceutical’s Los Angeles office. It’s a great job. It’ll be a quite existence. But you will be appropriately taken care of, Diana.”

“NO!”

“Diana, repeat after me. Wonder Woman is dead, that identity is no more.”

“Wonder Woman is dead, that identity is no more.”

“Diana Prince is no more. She never existed.”

“Diana Prince is no more. She never existed.”

The brunette was fat and powerless.

“I will forget about my existence in the Justice League, my existence as Wonder Woman, my Amazonian heritage, and my secret identity as Diana Prince.”

“I will forget about my existence in the Justice League, my existence as Wonder Woman, my Amazonian heritage, and my secret identity as Diana Prince.”

Diana felt groggy, as her all she knew of herself began to slowly disappear from consciousness.

“I am 36 year old, single woman, that has been overweight since college.”

“I am 36 year old, single woman, that has been overweight since college.”

The former Diana soon lost consciousness completely. Bruce continued his seance for the next several hours. Carefully reprogramming the former superpowered being.

“Where is Ms. Prince, sir? The reaction to her resignation, while shocking, seemed to placate those aggressive pundits and media types.”

“She left, yesterday, Alfred,” replied Bruce, watching the rebroadcast of her announcement in the Batcave.

“That must have been insanely difficult. Do we have means of contact?”

“Diana is starting a new life now, Alfred. We’re better off just leaving her alone.”

“I can’t believe it, Bruce. She just quit?”

“I can’t either, Clark,” said Bruce, trying to control his heart rate to hide his lie.

“Well, I guess it really is a new era then. I should try and find her.”

“Clark, you read her handwritten note, she explicitly asked you not to reach out. We need to honor her request. More importantly, if she could be undone so easily, then I must continue my research to ensure it doesn’t happen again,” replied Bruce. “You know, to one of you.”

“Well, I leave for a few months and all hell breaks loose. Turns out that distress call turned out to be a months long wild goose chase. If I was here, maybe I could’ve helped.”

“But you’re back now, and that’s what is most important. It’ll be difficult, but we’ll move on without her. Earth needs you.”

“That’s hard for me to accept, Bruce.”

“I know,” said Bruce, patting Clark on the back. “I know.”

Well i didnt see that coming, what a surprising turn of events...i hope that wasnt the end of it :o also still a great story, tho out of character of Bruce imo.

Also a Little side note, have u ever thought about writing an Agent Carter fic? with ur writing style it could prolly be off the hook so to speak :) .

Anyways keep up the great Work and great writing  :thumbsup:

@DanishFan87 - First off, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you read the story all the way through. I have not considered an Agent Carter story. I also know very little about Agent Carter. This story was incredibly fun to write. It was also difficult at times. Capturing the essence of popular characters that are pop-culture icons is not easy.

I've always wanted to write a Wonder Woman story. Developing something at least semi-plausible within the confines of the DC Universe wasn't easy. The angle of a Batman, putting what he perceives to be the greater good of mankind, ahead of his friend was an interesting theme. Obviously, The Dark Knight in this story is far less ethical and moral than that normally depicted in comic book canon.

Ok, well i felt i had to ask, now being in the comic book realm and all.

Also your story has kind of inspired me to write a fic myself, Agent Carter being the main char.

Tho i suspect my old "writing gene" might be a Little rusty, I havent written any fan fiction since the good ole days at Kryptonsite about 8 to 10 years ago :o

Oh and btw in my opinion it really does show in ur writing that u enjoyed it, and i think i totally understand how it can be tought to stay kinda close to canon and origin of the character and such while still wanting to impliment your own plot twists and such....Again awesome writing by ur part.

I look forward to reading it! I'll have to do some research on that front and check it out. As for this story, yeah, I tried to stay away from going too in depth with explaining/demonstrating powers and really tried to hold off until the end to ambiguously explain the "science" that was used.

I may write another one, but I feel I'm pretty tapped out creatively after that one. It's my favorite story I've written so far. Feel free to PM if you want to bounce some ideas.

Ok and thanks for the offer, ill bounce something ur way if I feel the meed to it.

So far ive written Down some of the stuff i want as focus points, and just about finished the 1st chapter, tho im not really happy with it yet,, and well its ofcourse important cuz i wanna set the stage for the fic going forward....and i wrote a chapter that ill have to use later on, I had an idea and i just had to write it down lol, plus it will be easy to fit into the rest of the story.