Right Wing Americans...

bdog

If you think we should ask people to be more self-reliant; to act as they did a hundred years ago, when two successive generations won back-to-back world wars; gave their lives to defend freedom and liberty, without ever once asking 'what's in it for me?' you're anti American.

Freedom and liberty?  You want to live in a country where YOU define what marriage is for everyone else.  You want to live in a country where YOU define when life begins for everyone else, even if that "life" has gills and a tail.  That's the opposite of freedom... that's you saying, "it's my way or the highway" and then turning around and asking where the mutual respect is. 

And then when it suits you, you reverse positions on freedom.  You want to live in a country where insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies have so much freedom and liberty that they make millions while leaving literally millions out in the cold. 

For the record, personally I lean towards pro-life, but politically, it's not my business what other people do.  Even if I believed in God I seriously doubt that he would have the expectation for me to go around telling people what they should and shouldn't do based on an ancient book written in a language long dead.

Love thy Neighbor, unless your neighbor is gay and wants the same rights as you do, or unless your neighbor doesn't have healthcare.  Then you should judge them, do what you want, and call it God's will. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Freedom and liberty?  You want to live in a country where YOU define what marriage is for everyone else.  You want to live in a country where YOU define when life begins for everyone else, even if that "life" has gills and a tail.  That's the opposite of freedom... that's you saying, "it's my way or the highway" and then turning around and asking where the mutual respect is. 

And then when it suits you, you reverse positions on freedom.  You want to live in a country where insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies have so much freedom and liberty that they make millions while leaving literally millions out in the cold. 

For the record, personally I lean towards pro-life, but politically, it's not my business what other people do.  Even if I believed in God I seriously doubt that he would have the expectation for me to go around telling people what they should and shouldn't do based on an ancient book written in a language long dead.

Love thy Neighbor, unless your neighbor is gay and wants the same rights as you do, or unless your neighbor doesn't have healthcare.  Then you should judge them, do what you want, and call it God's will.

If you don't support this, then you don't support the troops. There we have it, I said it first. I bet you this Queen Victoria can't even recite the Shepard's Prayer, shows you how much of an American Christian he is. As a matter of fact, I think he's a taliban because his name isn't American at all! It supports the damn British!

I find it sad that the latest Will Ferrell movie, The Campaign, is as much a comedy as it is a satire of modern politics. I winced just as much as I laughed at the movie because you can tell when jokes went over the heads of the politically narrow-minded individuals in the theater.

I have two words to describe politics: cognitive dissonance. This holds true for both sides. They tout patriotism, freedom, upholding the Constitution, and American values. But in the same breath, they also tout a nanny state where it becomes illegal to sell a 32oz soft drink, or where police can give you a speeding ticket because they think you were speeding. What is right or wrong is determined by those who afford politicians their nice houses, fancy cars and gravy train political careers. It's a sham and it needs to stop.

Enough of this pitting Democrats against Republicans: it's exactly what those in power want because it means nothing will ever get done. When all congress and the presidency become are a switching of the majority party every other term and the new majority undoing what the previous majority did, then nothing ever gets done. Except these nice little laws that squeak by, nobody ever noticing, that allows some lobbyist to get what they want because they paid for it.

I really don't see a difference between the parties anymore to be very honest, all we have in Washington today is a bunch of old fist farts pointing fingers at each other and that's it. If we can't work together then how are we going to fix the problems in our own country? Were not, we as a people have forgotten what it is to work together plan and simple because we have become too obsessed with ''one upmanship''.

I don't care about gay marriage but I do care about people being fucked with and both parties are responsible for useing gay marriage as a political pawn and in the process has hurt alot of people in doing so, stop making it an issue, stop hurting people, get it off my TV and move on to more important shit already!

All in all it doesn't really matter when your choice between presidents is a social worker who was never qualified to run this country in the first place and Mr. Burns.

The few things I will say, is that unless something is done to where both parties can get their heads out of their asses and see what's really going on, shit is not going to get better any time soon.

As far as the women's health and rights go in terms of sexuality and their bodies. My thought is that I don't need a politician ultimately up my vagina. If I wanted that I'd fuck a politician. Every woman should have the right to decide what is best for her and her body. Not her and the govt's body.

I also believe that govt, if it wants to prevent abortions is provide birth control. It's a cheaper and probably a lesser of two evils when it comes down to choosing between providing abortions and providing birth control.

Personally, I think that unless we allow younger folks to come in and be on the floor of congress and have opinions from the ones that will be affected by decisions made, older, out of touch folks will be making decisions that may not be suited for a generation that will be inheriting these issues later on.

This is the problem with American politics, the only difference between the major parties is on the social issues. Economically, the only difference is on whether to raise taxes on millionares by .0000001 percent or to reduce taxes on millionares by .0000001 percent; and of course this issue within the american political dialogue is presented in the context of radical ideology, when in fact the economic policies of both parties essentially boil down to free market neo-liberalism when it comes to their practice.

So as a Marxist I'm going to try a little experiment. Republicans and Democrats, none of your differences matter to anyone. Sure, you can call a .00001 percent tax hike "communism" but at the end of the day the average working man will still be able to pick up a happy meal on the way to work. Likewise, liberals, do you think that your obsession with global warming will do anything but perpetuate the massive amount of poverty that exists in American Society? Do you know how many people will die this year in Africa due to famines caused by Ethanol induced corn shortages? 18 million Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/13/poor-hungry-rich-drive-mo-farah-biofuels

I won't draw any rude comparasions, but I'll give you a hint what I want to say; that's a hell lot more than the amount of people died in Iraq.

Speaking of Iraq, conservatives, pat your self on the back for that one! You sure did establish democracy in that country! And by democracy I mean destroying the only government that was capable of preventing sectarian violence. What? Was that a bit offensive to your flag totting tastes? Well then I'll tell the over 3000 people who died in Iraq due to sectarian violence to apoligize to you. But don't worry! You've established "democracy", oh wait the Iraq government banned secular parties due to their links to the Ba'athists thus allowing sectarianism to destroy any hope of a functioning government. Well that's sort of like democracy! And it only took over 100,000 dead bodies to do it! And it's not like any of those deaths were your fault, it's not like you were the ones creating death squads. Oh wait yea you did Source: http://www.thenation.com/article/iraqs-new-death-squad#

Well I'm sure the Iraqis find all of those bullet holes quite liberating! I bet the Syrians can't wait to be liberated by Al-qaida! I'm sure the 10% of Syrians who are Christian will love their new concentration camps! Source: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/learning-nothing-from-afghanistan-the-west-supports-islamist-fighters-in-syria

And family values! Oh how important they are! Surely the family is a universal construct that is natural to all societies? Well, atleast it was natural during the Victorian Era, because during the majority of mankind's history the woman was considered the head of the household and child rearing was the collective effort of the community. (Source: On the Origins of the Family, Property, and the State). Well at least masculinity is natural! Surely those trannies are just a bunch of white middle class kids whining on their computers. Oh wait, Native Americans had transexuals and cross dressers? (Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit)

And so did Ancient Albania and India? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_sworn_virgins)

Have those facts put you in a bad mood? Well then let this gay love poem cheer you up.

The Unyielding Youth

Horace composed an ode about a certain boy

Whose face was so lovely he could easily have been a girl,

Whose hair fell in waves against his ivory neck,

Whose forehead was white as snow and his eyes black as pitch,

Whose soft cheeks were full of delicious sweetness

When they bloomed in the brightness of a blush of beauty,

His nose was perfect, his lips flame red, lovely his teeth–

An exterior formed in measure to match his mind.

Surely, you say, this must have been written by a god hating atheist! Well yea! Except no, no it wasn't, it was written by Marbod, Bishop of Rennes. Well he's just a modern bibical revisionist! Nope, wrong again, it was written in  1123 C.E. Because you know, Christians back then thought that whole Leviticus thing was abolished on the Sermon on the Mount.

What a heretic, you say, surely our modern Christian tradition obeys religious law better than that! Wait what are those laws exactly?

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) 

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.  (Leviticus 20:27)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.  (Leviticus 24:14-16)

OK so maybe those leftys have a point in abandoning Levictus for jesus.....

But but, the bible loves traditional family values right? Yea, one wife and one husband above all! Except, well,  Lamech, Abraham, Jacob, Esau, Gideon, Saul, David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Elkanah, Ashur, Abijah and Jehoiada who had multiple wives. Still, the bible can like family values in the context of polygamy right?

Mathew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mathew 10:34-39

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Well fuck trannies still! Wait Jesus baptised a tranny and told him/her that it was ok for him not to marry a woman because he wouldn't be attracted to her? Well then clearly this whole Christianity thing is a communist conspiracy to destroy traditional Christian American Values.

So, now that you've been proven wrong. Lets talk about something relevant to the working man shall we?

This is the problem with American politics, the only difference between the major parties is on the social issues. Economically, the only difference is on whether to raise taxes on millionares by .0000001 percent or to reduce taxes on millionares by .0000001 percent; and of course this issue within the american political dialogue is presented in the context of radical ideology, when in fact the economic policies of both parties essentially boil down to free market neo-liberalism when it comes to their practice.

So as a Marxist I'm going to try a little experiment. Republicans and Democrats, none of your differences matter to anyone. Sure, you can call a .00001 percent tax hike "communism" but at the end of the day the average working man will still be able to pick up a happy meal on the way to work. Likewise, liberals, do you think that your obsession with global warming will do anything but perpetuate the massive amount of poverty that exists in American Society? Do you know how many people will die this year in Africa due to famines caused by Ethanol induced corn shortages? 18 million Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/13/poor-hungry-rich-drive-mo-farah-biofuels

I won't draw any rude comparasions, but I'll give you a hint what I want to say; that's a hell lot more than the amount of people died in Iraq.

Speaking of Iraq, conservatives, pat your self on the back for that one! You sure did establish democracy in that country! And by democracy I mean destroying the only government that was capable of preventing sectarian violence. What? Was that a bit offensive to your flag totting tastes? Well then I'll tell the over 3000 people who died in Iraq due to sectarian violence to apoligize to you. But don't worry! You've established "democracy", oh wait the Iraq government banned secular parties due to their links to the Ba'athists thus allowing sectarianism to destroy any hope of a functioning government. Well that's sort of like democracy! And it only took over 100,000 dead bodies to do it! And it's not like any of those deaths were your fault, it's not like you were the ones creating death squads. Oh wait yea you did Source: http://www.thenation.com/article/iraqs-new-death-squad#

Well I'm sure the Iraqis find all of those bullet holes quite liberating! I bet the Syrians can't wait to be liberated by Al-qaida! I'm sure the 10% of Syrians who are Christian will love their new concentration camps! Source: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/learning-nothing-from-afghanistan-the-west-supports-islamist-fighters-in-syria

And family values! Oh how important they are! Surely the family is a universal construct that is natural to all societies? Well, atleast it was natural during the Victorian Era, because during the majority of mankind's history the woman was considered the head of the household and child rearing was the collective effort of the community. (Source: On the Origins of the Family, Property, and the State). Well at least masculinity is natural! Surely those trannies are just a bunch of white middle class kids whining on their computers. Oh wait, Native Americans had transexuals and cross dressers? (Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit)

And so did Ancient Albania and India? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_sworn_virgins)

Have those facts put you in a bad mood? Well then let this gay love poem cheer you up.

The Unyielding Youth

Horace composed an ode about a certain boy

Whose face was so lovely he could easily have been a girl,

Whose hair fell in waves against his ivory neck,

Whose forehead was white as snow and his eyes black as pitch,

Whose soft cheeks were full of delicious sweetness

When they bloomed in the brightness of a blush of beauty,

His nose was perfect, his lips flame red, lovely his teeth–

An exterior formed in measure to match his mind.

Surely, you say, this must have been written by a god hating atheist! Well yea! Except no, no it wasn't, it was written by Marbod, Bishop of Rennes. Well he's just a modern bibical revisionist! Nope, wrong again, it was written in  1123 C.E. Because you know, Christians back then thought that whole Leviticus thing was abolished on the Sermon on the Mount.

What a heretic, you say, surely our modern Christian tradition obeys religious law better than that! Wait what are those laws exactly?

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) 

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.  (Leviticus 20:27)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.  (Leviticus 24:14-16)

OK so maybe those leftys have a point in abandoning Levictus for jesus.....

But but, the bible loves traditional family values right? Yea, one wife and one husband above all! Except, well,  Lamech, Abraham, Jacob, Esau, Gideon, Saul, David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Elkanah, Ashur, Abijah and Jehoiada who had multiple wives. Still, the bible can like family values in the context of polygamy right?

Mathew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mathew 10:34-39

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Well fuck trannies still! Wait Jesus baptised a tranny and told him/her that it was ok for him not to marry a woman because he wouldn't be attracted to her? Well then clearly this whole Christianity thing is a communist conspiracy to destroy traditional Christian American Values.

So, now that you've been proven wrong. Lets talk about something relevant to the working man shall we?

Unless I find something else worthwhile in terms of a rebuttal, I give you 500 internets sir.

Likewise, liberals, do you think that your obsession with global warming will do anything but perpetuate the massive amount of poverty that exists in American Society?

Yes.  Definitely.  And not just liberals, but anyone educated on the matter.  Read Cleantechnica for awhile.  Go talk to a German about their booming solar industry.  Wind and Solar are profitable and they make jobs.  Period.  Arm yourself with facts, man. 

Biofuels aren't working right now?  Fine... drop 'em.  I'm as green as they get but I don't give a fuck about biofuels. The automotive industry deliberately killed the train system in LA and other places back in the day, and it's about fucking time we rebuilt that shit anyway.  I know countless people that drive from SF to LA.. it's idiotic.  Build a train up both coasts, and then one across the country.  Good for the trees, good for the jobs, and probably good for the economy. 

Fact is, if you study arctic melt patterns this year, things are getting fucked up even faster than what the scientists predicted.  Maybe the hippies were screaming in the 60s, but it's the scientists who are doing so now.

I actually stay quite up to date on renewable energy news, and every time I argue with someone who is against it I find that they're not really that well informed. 

So if anyone wants to have a discussion of renewable energy, the environment, and the economy... at least do some homework...

http://www.nrel.gov/ncpv/images/efficiency_chart.jpg

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/08/29/solars-itc-tax-credit-is-a-big-money-maker-for-the-us-not-social-welfare-study-finds/

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/08/29/more-reasons-why-we-do-what-we-do-arctic-sea-ice-drops-off-a-cliff-worldwide-drought-overview/

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/09/01/why-do-we-hold-renewable-energy-to-a-different-standard-than-fossil-fuels-nuclear-energy/

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/08/31/massachusetts-clean-energy-economy-grows-11-2-creates-71k-jobs/

:thumbsup: We do need a more proactive look on renewable energy. And I do support the notion that we need to become more dependent on our own resources to supply our own energy.

As far as it goes for the pipeline as that was mentioned earlier, my grandparents live in Nebraska where the Ogallala Aquifer is located and west of the area where the pipeline was planned. The thing that scared them the most about having it built was the serious implications of what would happen if a leak were to spring from the pipeline and get into the water. The fact of the matter is that there was not enough research done to really understand the implications that would be caused if any tainted water were to get into the crops they grow, and then especially then be passed onto the animals they feed with those crops and the humans they feed with those crops. Plus not to mention the risk of  drinking water as well.

If they really wanted to create jobs, they would create a pipeline that goes to North or South Dakota and set up a refinery there. In which case, jobs would be created and it would be done so that it would still be in the US. Perhaps even with in that, we could find a way to use solar and wind energy to manufacture the refined oil sands.

In 2005 oil was $1.80/gallon.  Do you remember that?  I certainly do.  In 7 years the price has literally doubled.  The situation is not going to get better, because it's a limited resource, and we've already used up a lot of the stuff that's really east to get to.  So yes, we have discovered more resources, but they're considerably more expensive and polluting to extract, and even these resources will run out soon enough.

It's a dead end street.  It's just a matter of will we responsibly phase it out, or will we have a 2020 in which it's $9.00/gallon and countries are at war over an increasingly scarce resource. 

Even our military supports renewables pretty heavily, and has invested considerably in solar power and algae fuels.  They're not stupid.  They don't want to be tied to other countries, especially unstable ones.  They don't want to be tied to our own resources which will certainly run if not this decade, then the next.  Strategists have to think far out, but for some reason our population only wants to think of their taxes and prices at the pump RIGHT NOW.  If we allow that type of thinking to prevail it will surely bite us in the ass.  Considering how much money we owe China and other nations, we've already been biting ourselves in the ass for a long time. 

Also, oil is for driving cars.  I'm talking about powering the whole country. 

Here's a cute short video:

Guest Smithsonius

There's something about American's complaining about the cost of fuel for their cars and comments about wars in future when/if petrol reaches $9/gallon that somewhat annoys me when you consider the fact that a majority of European countries already pay this without the need to run out and riot in the streets and go to war with any old oil rich state.

There's something about American's complaining about the cost of fuel for their cars and comments about wars in future when/if petrol reaches $9/gallon that somewhat annoys me when you consider the fact that a majority of European countries already pay this without the need to run out and riot in the streets and go to war with any old oil rich state.

Petrol seems to be pretty cheap with a price about $3.72/gallon which is about 0.77 € per litre. In Germany you pay about 1.62 € per litre.

Petrol seems to be pretty cheap with a price about $3.72/gallon which is about 0.77 € per litre. In Germany you pay about 1.62 € per litre.

Americans also do not possess either the mass transit systems (either short range or long range) or the money to build them in order to match those in Europe. And, adding to that fact, the distances involved are far larger on a country-by-country comparison. Believe me -- I'd love to zip from city to city on 220 mph bullet trains, but the infrastructure required to set up a true national network like this would cost hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars.

Thus, if our gas isn't cheap, we shut down. The logistics are extremely different from Europe in this manner.

I don't own a car.

I'm not complaining about the price of petrol.  I'm pointing out the environmental dangers and market volatility that are inherent to it's continued widespread use.

I don't own a car.

I'm not complaining about the price of petrol.  I'm pointing out the environmental dangers and market volatility that are inherent to it's continued widespread use.

Until they can make an electric car go more than 70-100 miles on one charge, it isn't changing. That's not even enough to get me to work and back, and it certainly destroys any and all long distance car trips, etc.

Frankly, I think they should be doing more research into hydrogen-powered vehicles, though these aren't without some very obvious kinks, too. Nobody, however, should expect people to switch to weeny, hipster mobiles like the prius until they're every bit the equal of the performance of a standard internal combustion engine. We haven't run out of oil yet. The environment can wait.

Nobody, however, should expect people to switch to weeny, hipster mobiles like the prius until they're every bit the equal of the performance of a standard internal combustion engine.

Granted, this site is nowhere near a political forum, and I am missing the correlation between oil and Republicians, but that is by far the best quote of this topic! I'm going back to looking at thick thighs now.

KFD

If people are concerned about the impact that the use of gasoline has on the enviroment I would also hope they are vegetarians given the environmental impact that eating meat has.