Advice

bowlingman22

I've been dating my beautiful girlfriend for almost a year now. She's 5'6", about 230, with most of the weight concentrated in her stomach. In the past few months she has said she doesn't feel sexy or beautiful anymore. I know there's nothing I can do that will magically change her mind, but does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to try and help her feel beautiful again?

I think upping your game over the next few months would go a long way to solving this. It's simply not enough to tell someone you think they are sexy/beautiful she has to feel that you really mean it.

Go out of your way to do some really nice things for her to show her she is special. It's also not just about the large gestures, it's about all the small things that you can do too - they may not necessarily be romantic but they all add up.

I know there's nothing I can do that will magically change her mind.

If you haven't already done so, you could start giving her a cute nickname that you would enjoy calling her by, and that she would understand that you enjoy her. Also like Serf said, incorporate more activities with her, make her feel more loved. New years is coming up, take an unexpected trip to some city nearby or do something that isn't just the "Same" ; sure you might spend a bit more money and allot more time planning out activities but that's half the fun of doing things.

It sounds like you have some good suggestions to work with here. 

My advice to you is to understand this is nothing you can fix. All you can really do is continue to be reassuring, supportive and sincere. If she rejects compliments for example, continue to compliment her. Maybe find ways to show her how proud you are to be with her. It does not take much to shatter someone’s confidence but it does take a lot of hard work to build it back.  Speaking for myself, it is the little things that mean the most. It is not about grandiose gestures. I have come a long way thanks to my boyfriend but it takes time and patience.  I hope things work out for you.