not sure if this goes here, but a week ago youtube changed something

namad

Thanks for the heads up, gricha.

I tried this now on Mac OSX. Downloaded the latest JDownloader beta... looks a bit confusing first. But without having anything to set up, it seems to work perfectly, at least with the clips that i've tried so far. The (automatic) integration of ffmpeg indeed does the trick. These clips even work with Quicktime 7.6.

• 3 weeks later...

so I was checking out this thread

http://www.curvage.org/forum/index.php?topic=14142.0

and I decided to rip her channel using jdownloader2 and to my dismay the 480p edition of several of her videos is listed by jdownloader as file not found! looks like youtube found a way to block jdownload's newest plugin meaning I have no idea how anyone could get this video in 480p 3 day binge outcome :) although 360p works and is fine.... it's odd that this file doesnt work because I just grabbed a vevo style blocked music video a few hours ago with the same jdownloader2 trick.

just thought I'd update my thread.

They're using some kind of new loading system, which doesn't work fully on my browser. Every time I click to exit a video, it takes me back two windows, which is annoying as hell. I hate it when technological 'advance' comes at the expense of functionality. And anyone who doesn't believe this is the case need only look at Yahoo.com's revamped homepage for further proof. >:(

I have no idea how anyone could get this video in 480p 3 day binge outcome :) although 360p works and is fine.... it's odd that this file doesnt work because I just grabbed a vevo style blocked music video a few hours ago with the same jdownloader2 trick.

just thought I'd update my thread.

The 480p version of this clip worked for me with JDownloader.

In the last couple of days i downloaded a few 100 (!) music tracks with JDownloader, and i saw it happening 2 -3 times that JDownloader reported files as "offline", f. ex. this album

Up Bustle And Out

OK, that's about 1%. In other words, it works great in general (and i'm really grateful for your hint!). So hopefully this is just a temporary server problem.

trying to rip this channel to jdownloader

http://www.youtube.com/user/nataliebelly/videos?flow=grid&view=0

jdownloader can locate the audio tracks and thumbnails but NO VIDEO AT ALL ANY RESOLUTION. plugins grab 360p straight from youtube in firefox just fine... i hope jdownloader hasn't removed it's video processing features entirely.

I tested the channel and, as you can see, my installation can locate all the vids. And d/l them as well. You should check your settings. Quite likely there's something messed up.

UPDATE: 

Went now to this Up Bustle & Out link from my previous post. Had tried to get that one (either audio or video) since one week, but JD kept reporting all files as offline. It is working now, finally! So that looks like a server problem. And, contrary to what i said before, your JD installation probably is perfectly fine. In that case you should just keep trying with Nataliebelly. Remember that those server update infos are not being picked instantly by the ISPs, in case you wonder why i can get these clips, and you don't so far.

post-16109-14513428938304_thumb.jpg

I tested the channel and, as you can see, my installation can locate all the vids. And d/l them as well. You should check your settings. Quite likely there's something messed up.

UPDATE: 

Went now to this Up Bustle & Out link from my previous post. Had tried to get that one (either audio or video) since one week, but JD kept reporting all files as offline. It is working now, finally! So that looks like a server problem. And, contrary to what i said before, your JD installation probably is perfectly fine. In that case you should just keep trying with Nataliebelly. Remember that those server update infos are not being picked instantly by the ISPs, in case you wonder why i can get these clips, and you don't so far.

I actually contracted a serious jdownloader install issue this/last week the problem is on my end and I'm just now realizing that!

went ahead and reinstalled jdownloader2.... now all links are working perfectly... looks like my paranoia blamed youtube before my own silly user error! 

well thanks panhype2 for confirming the links worked for you... which led me to stop blaming youtube and reinstall jdownloader2 and now life is good again!

• 3 weeks later...

every single youtube video in my subbox today and yesterday is now 100% fully DASH in every resolution no plugin or greasemonkey script can download.

jdownloader2beta works like a champ still but it's annoying to ALWAYS have to use it even if i was willing to settle for a less good resolution like I had been doing before. it looks like all newly encoded youtube videos from now till the end of time will use teh shitty dash shit.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the shameless bump but I just want to reiterate. I have no idea how to use a browser page or plugin to download any youtube clips at all anymore. does anyone? this seems like a big deal for the general videos fans we have on this site.

Firefox.

BytubeD.

DownloadThemAll!

Open Firefox

Go to the Youtube channel you want to rip, click on videos so you can see all of their videos on one page

Right-click on the page and choose BytubeD, select all the videos you want to download (all found links will be automatically selected, this will generate an html file in your downloads directory, so be sure to delete it afterwards), choose the video format (MP4 in Original quality seems to do the trick 95% of the time) and click Start.

Now on the page that BytubeD generated, right-click and choose DownThemAll!... select all the links (CTRL-A, Spacebar) choose a destination and click Start!

Et Voilá.

This also dates all files with their upload date, so if you sort the folder using "Creation date", your videos will be sorted in chronological order when they were uploaded.

Also: DownloadHelper for single videos.

It's really not at all complicated.

every single youtube video in my subbox today and yesterday is now 100% fully DASH in every resolution no plugin or greasemonkey script can download.

jdownloader2beta works like a champ still but it's annoying to ALWAYS have to use it even if i was willing to settle for a less good resolution like I had been doing before. it looks like all newly encoded youtube videos from now till the end of time will use teh shitty dash shit.

Sorry for replying a bit late.

First off, i can't confirm that YT has completely switched to DASH files. The browser plugins that i have installed still can grab the 360p or (if available) 720p versions.

Like i said before, i have changed my mind and consider JDownloader as the most convenient tool now. Thus i have it always running. I've set it to display the best available resolution by default. And assigned the key L as shortkey to start downloads (so that i don't have to move my cursor to the download button).

When you don't want the best resolution, you can click the triangle and JDownloader will display the lower res options. That works well for me as well.

post-16109-14513437086631_thumb.jpg

I can once again download 360p and 720p with downloadhelper maybe my computer was somehow messed up? or maybe google rolled me into the full dash beta and then back out of it into the 480p only beta? good tip about jdownloader hotkeys though.... the main reason I've always found jdownloader a pain is that I cannot rename files before downloading them with jdownloader only after and I like to rename files to username.filename instead of just filename.

anyway sorry for the false alarm I guess? also youtube-dl.exe is a command line tool that can download anything from youtube but it can only download dash audio and dash video separately and cannot re-combine them into a single file so it's usage during the full google dash move-over apocalypse that is coming in the future might be limited.

I can once again download 360p and 720p with downloadhelper maybe my computer was somehow messed up? or maybe google rolled me into the full dash beta and then back out of it into the 480p only beta? good tip about jdownloader hotkeys though.... the main reason I've always found jdownloader a pain is that I cannot rename files before downloading them with jdownloader only after and I like to rename files to username.filename instead of just filename.

It looks like as if you can set up JDownloader to add a user or channel name to the file name of your Youtube downloads (or do the same with other sites).

I don't need that because i organize my vids in folders. But i just checked jDownloader's settings. So you have to go to the Youtube plugin, look up the needed tag (*user* or *channel*) and add it to the "User defined file name" field (at the beginning). I have there just *videoname* (*quality*).*ext* which is perfect for me.

post-16109-14513437344022_thumb.jpg

It looks like as if you can set up JDownloader to add a user or channel name to the file name of your Youtube downloads (or do the same with other sites).

I don't need that because i organize my vids in folders. But i just checked jDownloader's settings. So you have to go to the Youtube plugin, look up the needed tag (*user* or *channel*) and add it to the "User defined file name" field (at the beginning). I have there just *videoname* (*quality*).*ext* which is perfect for me.

thanks, hopefully *user* will default to my own naming scheme of username if the username exists and channel name for those new channels with no actual username because lolz google changed things around a year ago.