Ashley Graham

Heart and Mind

19 hours ago, Er345 said:

The Ashley Graham show continues. She was on Ellen today

It's kind of a big deal when Sports Illustrated puts a plus size model on the cover.  Of course, she isn't the only plus size women between the issue's covers.

2015 was a great year for body positivity and plus size women.  2016 is shaping up to be even better!

pam-02-2016.png

archer-print-01-2016.png

Guest _Antipathy
On 16/2/2016 at 3:44 PM, famous said:

Finally, the beautiful model on the cover

si-ashley-graham-600x800.jpg  322

It's interesting to see how Ashley who's your average soft, untoned woman is getting so much attention but is still labelled as "plus size".

20 hours ago, _Antipathy said:

It's interesting to see how Ashley who's your average soft, untoned woman is getting so much attention but is still labelled as "plus size".

Its how our society sadly works.

Human size and weight increased faster than culture could keep up with.  We're experiencing a lag between the two, but that gap is shrinking, especially now that plus size is beginning to break into mainstream and celebrity culture.

Also, I don't think either "average" or "untoned" are apt descriptors for Ashley Graham.  She's well-toned, but has a soft layer of padding surrounding her muscles.

Guest _Antipathy
On 29/2/2016 at 4:00 PM, sower said:

Human size and weight increased faster than culture could keep up with.  We're experiencing a lag between the two, but that gap is shrinking, especially now that plus size is beginning to break into mainstream and celebrity culture.

Also, I don't think either "average" or "untoned" are apt descriptors for Ashley Graham.  She's well-toned, but has a soft layer of padding surrounding her muscles.

I doubt she has any muscle at all, she does quarter squats using the smith machine lmao

She should fire her trainer if she ever wants to get "toned".

8 hours ago, _Antipathy said:

I doubt she has any muscle at all, she does quarter squats using the smith machine lmao

She should fire her trainer if she ever wants to get "toned".

One's definition of "toned" is relative.  I'm pretty sure she exercises more than plenty of people I know.  Hell, most people probably don't even know what a Smith machine is.  The fact that you do tells me you're likely well-muscled or at least familiar with a lot of basic weight room regiments.

Some plus-size models are clearly fat.  Personally, I wouldn't call Ashley Graham fat.

Besides, every body has muscle.  Every single body.  Claiming that she has absolutely no muscle doesn't help qualify your argument.

The networks excuse was it was rejected due to the woman suckling her newborn. While a hundred million people get shot, beheaded, eaten alive screaming (that zombie show, you know which one I am talking about), etc. on TV everyday. But that is OK for the kiddies to watch, but a woman with a baby at her breast, Oh, The Horror, The Horror! That will cause the fall of Western Civilization! What fucking hypocrisy!

2 hours ago, bbwfan54 said:

The networks excuse was it was rejected due to the woman suckling her newborn. While a hundred million people get shot, beheaded, eaten alive screaming (that zombie show, you know which one I am talking about), etc. on TV everyday. But that is OK for the kiddies to watch, but a woman with a baby at her breast, Oh, The Horror, The Horror! That will cause the fall of Western Civilization! What fucking hypocrisy!

And that is just an excuse.  Some sad, pathetic, insecure Joe is terrified of empowered, liberated, unapologetic women.  

"Grovel, hate yourself, apologize for being of the inferior sex," and then we'll talk about approving this ad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...