Ashley Graham

Heart and Mind

Guest MoonlightStarling
1 hour ago, bigorange3 said:

I don't think body positivity = be fat, it's about accepting that your body doesn't define you, and that you should have the right to feel beautiful at any size. She probably physically feels better slimmer--I know I do. And just because she lost weight doesn't mean she's a normal sized model. She's still a thick girl. See pics. 

I don't mean to get into an internet fight, I just try to stay aware of our role as FAs in this community. It's just as bad to get on someone's case for losing weight as it is to get on someone's case for gaining weight. We're not in the right just because we have a preference for women leading the body positivity movement. I think using the body positivity movement as a front for your disappointment with someone's transformation is wrong. 

I'm open to conversation BTW, again I don't mean to fight about this, and recognize I could be totally wrong. I just want to make sure we're being careful and not dismissing someone's role in a really important movement because they're not as fat as they used to be. That's as bad for society as fat shaming. 

Screenshot_20190415-213133.jpg

Screenshot_20190415-213247.jpg

Absolutely spot-on. I couldn't have said it better myself.

18 hours ago, bigorange3 said:

I don't think body positivity = be fat, it's about accepting that your body doesn't define you, and that you should have the right to feel beautiful at any size. She probably physically feels better slimmer--I know I do. And just because she lost weight doesn't mean she's a normal sized model. She's still a thick girl. See pics. 

I don't mean to get into an internet fight, I just try to stay aware of our role as FAs in this community. It's just as bad to get on someone's case for losing weight as it is to get on someone's case for gaining weight. We're not in the right just because we have a preference for women leading the body positivity movement. I think using the body positivity movement as a front for your disappointment with someone's transformation is wrong. 

I'm open to conversation BTW, again I don't mean to fight about this, and recognize I could be totally wrong. I just want to make sure we're being careful and not dismissing someone's role in a really important movement because they're not as fat as they used to be. That's as bad for society as fat shaming. 

Screenshot_20190415-213133.jpg

Screenshot_20190415-213247.jpg

If body positivity cannot comsiders being fat as positive, therefore body positivity cannot be in any case positive.

Iirc, I read a very old interview with her, before she got really famous via SI where she said at her biggest size ever  she was an 18-20. But at that weight she had joint pain and couldn't stay as active as she liked, so she prefers being between a 12 and 16...which is where she. As a guy who likes exercise and has knees that scream at a skinny weight I can sympathize. 

Expecting constant gains is like expecting a constant size zero. I enjoy her plump gut, nice tits and big butt of cellulite without expecting her to jeapordize her comfort . She's kind of active plump, fit/fat and that's appealing to me. 

Besides research shows fit/fat inevitably becomes just fat when exercise is inevitably interrupted.

Guest MoonlightStarling
5 hours ago, Batman76 said:

Iirc, I read a very old interview with her, before she got really famous via SI where she said at her biggest size ever  she was an 18-20. But at that weight she had joint pain and couldn't stay as active as she liked, so she prefers being between a 12 and 16...which is where she. As a guy who likes exercise and has knees that scream at a skinny weight I can sympathize. 

Expecting constant gains is like expecting a constant size zero. I enjoy her plump gut, nice tits and big butt of cellulite without expecting her to jeapordize her comfort . She's kind of active plump, fit/fat and that's appealing to me. 

Besides research shows fit/fat inevitably becomes just fat when exercise is inevitably interrupted.

Very well-put.

7 hours ago, Batman76 said:

There have also some other less reasonable things she said over years.

Guest MoonlightStarling
2 hours ago, Jhall said:

Might need a bigger dress 

00CF03B2-95C9-4195-83C5-FBB8A7229E04.jpeg

She will never not blow me away with how sexy she is.

• 2 weeks later...

we should ask more from her, a bit of cellulite and a tiny should should not make you a plus size model lol, there are now fatter and sexier models, more willingly to show of their curves and be proud of their bellies, she is looking smaller if you ask me

Guest Chasa
1 hour ago, extra_m13 said:

we should ask more from her, a bit of cellulite and a tiny should should not make you a plus size model lol, there are now fatter and sexier models, more willingly to show of their curves and be proud of their bellies, she is looking smaller if you ask me

Well sure, but she’s still bigger than me!