Ashley Graham

Heart and Mind

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, billow said:

The original video is posted on the previous page, but it's absolutely worth revisiting.

When you say, it's about empowering women but actually you just want to show off your butt :D

11 hours ago, trolo said:

When you say, it's about empowering women but actually you just want to show off your butt :D

And though it's very sexualizing, it's also empowering for the way it shows that you can jiggle all over but still be strong and sexy!

9 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Makes me think of sumo wrestling.

Considering how big many women are getting these days, I'm disappointed that female sumo wrestling hasn't just taken off!

24 minutes ago, billow said:

Considering how big many women are getting these days, I'm disappointed that female sumo wrestling hasn't just taken off!

It kinda is. They know they need a women's component in order to become an Olympic event. It's big with Russians and Brazilians, so far.

7 hours ago, billow said:

And though it's very sexualizing, it's also empowering for the way it shows that you can jiggle all over but still be strong and sexy!

I don't know what makes her strong and sexy. Having a cute face and the 'right' fat distribution so that you can objectify yourself does not make you stronger. Actually, what is really empowering is a woman that has achieved something impressive e.g. scientifically or writing an intellectual book. Showing your butt and tits is even the contrary as it implies that without doing so she would not have been succesfull and claiming she supports strong and independent women is damaging the concept. Nonetheless, I'd also tap that tho.